Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Pure Malt

Default Re: Official A*Men Pure Malt Re-Release: Fall 2010

I have Play Intense and I'm on the fence if I should blind buy Pure Malt or not, do they smell the same?

This Pure Malt frenzy is driving me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by gabystie View Post
    I have Play Intense and I'm on the fence if I should blind buy Pure Malt or not, do they smell the same?

This Pure Malt frenzy is driving me nuts.

Play Intense reminds me original A*Men lot. Pure Malt is also similiar but instead of just huge chocolate + coffee blast you also get boozy liquerish vibe. IMHO it is worth to own both.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    Anyone think it's a good idea to get a backup bottle of this?
    That depends on you. I like it, but am not that wild about it. Neurosis, I don't know if you have tried this yet. It's quite similar to A*Men, but much quieter overall wearing experience. I think you'll love it, and it may be a nice alternative to A*Men for you. But from what I can tell with your A*Men posts, it will not dethrone A*Men as your favorite.

While many here are all in a frenzy over it, the public at large is not necessarily sweeping it off the shelves. You should have time to wear the first bottle a few times and decide if it's all that.

I wouldn't get hopes up insanely high for this if you haven't smelled it before. I'm definitely getting a bottle, but I still think A*Men is better than Pure Malt.
    Last edited by RyanT; 19th September 2010 at 01:58 AM.

It's at the Nordstrom in my neighborhood now. The helpful and cheery sales associate graciously made not one but two generous samples - so much that I might not even have to buy it now. Mmmmm. . . hate to punish them for good behavior, but seriously, it's pretty strong stuff. One spray and you're done. Still, I might consider buying a bottle now that it's reasonably priced - $70. If it's really a limited edition, that would be a pretty good investment. Bet you could turn it on the net in a few years for a handsome profit. That is, if you're not using it all up.

Personally, I think it's not bad stuff. But I doubt it would become an essential part of my wardrobe.

Blog Entries

I got my bottle today! Nice box

I got my bottle today! Nice box
    and a wonderful fragrance, one of my fav gourmands.

:O i bought the last bottle of pure malt that they had at the bay store here in brampton, ontario, canada for $80 cdn and i got l`eau d`issy for 30% off
    and A TON OF SAMPLES

Ordered it from Nordstrom's tonight. We'll see if it actually arrives as it sounds as though certain supplies are selling out. All the enthusiasm meant a blind buy.

Cheers,
    Daryl J.

Quote Originally Posted by thepunjabi View Post
    :O i bought the last bottle of pure malt that they had at the bay store here in brampton, ontario, canada for $80 cdn and i got l`eau d`issy for 30% off
    and A TON OF SAMPLES
    nicee, leau d'issey is my fav summerish frag =]. hoping that pure malt will be my fav winter!

Pure Malt just blows my mind. Im so glad that i bought two bottles. I cant wait to actually wear it places.

Had a sample about 8 months ago, just ordered a bottle from fragrance.net, have wanted this since i first smelled the sample.

Cant wait ^_^

Socal's Arcadia and Glendale Nordstrom are sold out of pure malt don't know if they will get more, that was quick. 5 days all gone. When I checked they had 6 each...

I'm interested to grab one before it's all gone. FragranceNet sells it, will it be safe to get off FragranceNet or should I pay full retail price in store? Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffa View Post
    I'm interested to grab one before it's all gone. FragranceNet sells it, will it be safe to get off FragranceNet or should I pay full retail price in store? Cheers.
    fragrancenet is safe =]

Cheers, remixx. Since the formula for release is the same I might just get the old batch from FragranceNet. Hopefully the quality is equally good and not inferior to new batch, fingers crossed.

idk if its an old batch that they had in the stock room or something because they re-released it on the same date that nordstroms and thierry mugler website did. But anyways hopefully shipping is fast for you since you're in australia. Its already taking 8 days just to get here from NY to California! I hate UPS and FEDEX!

Blog Entries

I've yet to spray my bottle, im afraid to let a microliter of air in lol. I've been wearing my samples first ( the nordstrom lady gave me 2 filled samples the day i pre-bought it) to get a feel for it. I'm hoping for it to grow on me like A*Men did...it went kind of toxic on me today though, i just wasn't feeling it. It got extremely smokey after about 5 hours, something i've never smelled it do. Now its at a weird vanilla.

for all reading:

DO

NOT

BLIND

BUY

THIS

i'm serious, it's not this mind blowing fragrance everyone makes it out to be. I won't deny it's great but the level of hype it gets is unwarranted. Try to sample it first. This is coming from one of the biggest A*Men fanboys of all time too

anyone else's bottle from fragrancenet not come with plastic wrap on the box?

I've yet to spray my bottle, im afraid to let a microliter of air in lol. I've been wearing my samples first ( the nordstrom lady gave me 2 filled samples the day i pre-bought it) to get a feel for it. I'm hoping for it to grow on me like A*Men did...it went kind of toxic on me today though, i just wasn't feeling it. It got extremely smokey after about 5 hours, something i've never smelled it do. Now its at a weird vanilla.

for all reading:

DO

NOT

BLIND

BUY

THIS

i'm serious, it's not this mind blowing fragrance everyone makes it out to be. I won't deny it's great but the level of hype it gets is unwarranted. Try to sample it first. This is coming from one of the biggest A*Men fanboys of all time too
    You are a hoot Neurosis

Quote Originally Posted by fitch256 View Post

It should come with plastic wrap.

Quote Originally Posted by b0n3z View Post
    It should come with plastic wrap.
    mine did not, and it looks like it may have been used, the rubber flask had some bumps on it like it had been handled, though it could've come from moving it around a lot. I'm pretty sure it's legit though because I put the code on the inside of the box into the TM website and it was all good.

My box from fragrancenet did not include plastic wrap and was actually quite scratched up. The bottle looked like it had been removed from the box and jossled around itself. The bottle looked like it was scratched and had been out of the box for some time. Very odd as this is the only time i have ever experienced this from them. The juice however was 100% authentic, so I guess I could care less.

Needless to say i will be buying my backup bottle from nordstoms

Quote Originally Posted by Captcrunch View Post
    My box from fragrancenet did not include plastic wrap and was actually quite scratched up. The bottle looked like it had been removed from the box and jossled around itself. The bottle looked like it was scratched and had been out of the box for some time. Very odd as this is the only time i have ever experienced this from them. The juice however was 100% authentic, so I guess I could care less.
    Yeah, it seems authentic, but like it was taken out and used. Here's a picture of the bottle I received after two sprays by me:

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...6/puremalt.jpg

Looks like it's ~95-98% full. Oh well. Still good stuff, very, very interesting.

if any of my bottles are unwrapped im going to file a complaint on paypal -_-. I ordered 4 of them!

hmmm, im scared now. i should get my pure malt from fragrancenet this week.....any longevity issues? it should be 10+ hours.

I haven't gotten that much out of it yet but I didn't really properly apply it, and I also went to the gym in between. It's certainly potent, not sure it's at the level of A*Men. I'd be more interested to know what condition your bottle from fragrance net is, whether the box is plastic wrapped and if the bottle is 100% full.

Interesting....I know a Norstrom near me has a half empty tester of it (from which i hijacked a sample ) and the SA said she could actually order me a bottle so i'm gunna have to call em up and secretly go down there (my girlfriend would have a heart attack if i spent $70 on "ANOTHER?!" bottle of cologne. DAMNIT WOMAN ITS PURE MALT!)
    HAHAHAHAHAH thats hilarious dude

I ordered 5 from fragrancenet and got them today they are all wrapped. A couple of months ago I ordered a few from fragrancenet and they were opened but appeared unused. I complained but since the price was good I didn't want a refund.

hopefully mine will be wrapped as well

Quote Originally Posted by Akalucas View Post
    hopefully mine will be wrapped as well
    As long as the juice is okay, don't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    As long as the juice is okay, don't worry about it.
    Mine seems like it is, though I bought this blind. It's just disconcerting that it seems like this is a used bottle, so I don't know what else may have been done to the bottle. I know fragrancenet seems to have a good name, but this does cast a bit of doubt in my mind about them.

Mine seems like it is, though I bought this blind. It's just disconcerting that it seems like this is a used bottle, so I don't know what else may have been done to the bottle. I know fragrancenet seems to have a good name, but this does cast a bit of doubt in my mind about them.
    exactly, they say on there website their stuff is 100% New. The picture u showed shows that the juice was below the highest point of the star. It should had been above that so i think youre right in saying that theres about 5% juice missing.

Blog Entries

Yeah i'd contact them about a bottle with missing juice. I could deal with no wrapping if the bottle was in tact with full juice, but that bottle in the picture is as full as my A*Men bottle that i've used a ton

got mine today from fragrancenet, no plastic, the box and bottle were pretty scratched up, but the bottle is full and serials matched. ill post pics after work sometime tonight

Quote Originally Posted by vabigpoppa View Post
    got mine today from fragrancenet, no plastic, the box and bottle were pretty scratched up, but the bottle is full and serials matched. ill post pics after work sometime tonight
    Makes you wonder what the heck is happening....are they grabbing old testers or display bottles and just shipping them out to people? It does appear that do have some normal ones as there have been reports of people receiving theirs in perfect condition, plastic wrap and all.

duplicate post...

My two pure malts are coming tomorrow. Ill report the condition they came in as soon as I get them

guys, don't you see.... probably the opened, plastic missing bottles are those that have been returned by people. and now they are being resent back as new to you. really shady business if thats true

Quote Originally Posted by archelon View Post
    guys, don't you see.... probably the opened, plastic missing bottles are those that have been returned by people. and now they are being resent back as new to you. really shady business if thats true
    Ya, seems that's what is happening. I wouldnt mind it but only if they would tell us up front that the bottles are returns and used. Instead they make it seem you're buying a NEW bottle from them. Anyone that has received a badly shaped pure malt or with juice missing should write a review on frangrancenet under pure malt so people and fragrancenet become aware of the problem.

Got mine in from fragrancenet today. Not wrapped, bottle looks fine though. It's full and its authentic. Smells just like my sample. I don't see a reason to return it.
    Last edited by RyanT; 24th September 2010 at 01:25 PM.

received 2 pure malts today from fragrance. 1 is brand new wrapped blah blah. Other is a opened bottle most likely used, top of the star has 1 cm missing from it. I can confirm that fragrancenet is receiving/recieved returns from department stores. I have the macy's return label still on my box. What should I do complain or just use it or return ? exchange ? its much cheaper than getting it through nordstrom.

Quote Originally Posted by ctran019 View Post
    received 2 pure malts today from fragrance. 1 is brand new wrapped blah blah. Other is a opened bottle most likely used, top of the star has 1 cm missing from it. I can confirm that fragrancenet is receiving/recieved returns from department stores. I have the macy's return label still on my box. What should I do complain or just use it or return ? exchange ? its much cheaper than getting it through nordstrom.
    I say just keep it since it was a good deal and probably doesn't warrant the hassle of returning it. I would write a review in fragrancenet under pure malt, describe your experience and say that they should make it clear that customers might receive used bottles.

I called them today and told them what happened with mine and they sent me a prepaid postage slip to return the bottle and the woman offered to put a quality control notice on the order if I wanted them to reship it. I figured I'd give them a chance to make it right and see what happens. If they screw up again then I may return it for my money back.

Quote Originally Posted by ctran019 View Post
    Yeah I saved $20 by getting it through fragrancenet. I just double checked and my juice is about a millimeter under the top of the star. I personally am not going to return it and go through the trouble. It smells like it should and looks fine. As far as missing a cm though that seems like a bit much. I'd consider returning it if I was missing that much, but I'd hope they would pay for the return shipping. When it comes down to it though, you have a huge 3.4 oz backup bottle and you saved a lot of money by getting them through fragrancenet. I think you win either way.

I got my pure malts today and all of them are wrapped. The sprayer sucks btw
    Last edited by remixx; 22nd September 2010 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanT View Post
    but I'd hope they would pay for the return shipping.
    They immediately emailed me a pre-paid priority mail slip that I can print out, tape onto the box and ship it at their expense.

Yeah I saved $20 by getting it through fragrancenet. I just double checked and my juice is about a millimeter under the top of the star. I personally am not going to return it and go through the trouble. It smells like it should and looks fine. As far as missing a cm though that seems like a bit much. I'd consider returning it if I was missing that much, but I'd hope they would pay for the return shipping. When it comes down to it though, you have a huge 3.4 oz backup bottle and you saved a lot of money by getting them through fragrancenet. I think you win either way.
    if i were you i would not buy a limited edition fragrance online because of the many complaints such as scratches,chips,used juice etc i would buy it in a department store i got my pure malt at The Bay which is a very big department store in canada for $80 and it was plastic wrapped and everything and the bottle was not used or harmed in any way so when buying a limited edition fragrance never buy online

Quote Originally Posted by remixx View Post
    I got my pure malts today and all of them are wrapped. The sprayer sucks btw

sprayer on mine works way better than the rubber flask a men and b men bottle that i have i don`t have to use 50 pounds of force to get a half a spray lol

i have to use both my thumbs just to press it down for a complete spray LOL if i dont it comes out like a stream -_-

i have to use both my thumbs just to press it down for a complete spray LOL if i dont it comes out like a stream -_-
    lol i have that problem with my 1 million bottle

Recieved my order of 8 bottles just now from Fragrancenet...one of them being my second/back-up bottle of Pure Malt. It is wrapped up tight as are all the other bottles. I've been wearing Pure Malt since I got off work @ 3....I want to chew my arm off!! Smells so good as always. I hate the sprayers on the rubber A*Men bottles.

Haven't had a problem with Fragrancenet yet in my few time ordering from them.

Quote Originally Posted by DaCheese21 View Post
    Recieved my order of 8 bottles just now from Fragrancenet...one of them being my second/back-up bottle of Pure Malt. It is wrapped up tight as are all the other bottles. I've been wearing Pure Malt since I got off work @ 3....I want to chew my arm off!! Smells so good as always. I hate the sprayers on the rubber A*Men bottles.

Haven't had a problem with Fragrancenet yet in my few time ordering from them.
    I am seriously going crazy waiting for the days to cool off enough for me to wear this outside of the house. So far it has been me running to my bottle when I get home to wear around the house. There is something about cold crisp air that transforms the right fragrance into something even more beautiful. I am hoping this is the case with Pure Malt!

Hey can we get a picture for Pure Malt? I hate looking at my wardrobe and seeing fragrances with missing photos. How can we make that happen?

Blog Entries

Hey can we get a picture for Pure Malt? I hate looking at my wardrobe and seeing fragrances with missing photos. How can we make that happen?
    I've been thinking the same for so long now

I have the same problem with both my coffee and malt rubber flasks, and it's tempting to try another pump if it doesn't spray properly so I sometimes end up wearing too much.

Does anyone know if the internals of the rubber flasks are the same as the metal ones? I might swap my malt bottle into my a*men metal flask.

Yea, I'm having issues with my sprayer as well. I think I will just decant some into a 10ml plastic atomizer. So far I have been pretty happy with their spray pattern.

Ah, so the rubber flask is just as restricting as their other rubber flask bottles. That's a shame. I had the same problem with B*Men, and after I cut the bottle out the rubber it worked SO much better.

If no one cares about mutilating their Pure Malt bottle, you can make a small cut to make it a lot easier to spray.

You can not cut it where the dotted line is if you don't want to fully cut the rubber flask apart.

Quote Originally Posted by ceekay View Post
    Does anyone know if the internals of the rubber flasks are the same as the metal ones? I might swap my malt bottle into my a*men metal flask.
    Here is what the bottle inside looks like (obviously not the same bottle, but I'm assuming it's very similar):

Last edited by Smeghead; 23rd September 2010 at 01:30 PM.

Does anybody know if the packages received from fragrancenet though UPS require signature or will they just leave the box outside
    Last edited by Akalucas; 23rd September 2010 at 05:52 PM.