Code of Conduct
Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Pure Malt

Default Re: Official A*Men Pure Malt Re-Release: Fall 2010

I have Play Intense and I'm on the fence if I should blind buy Pure Malt or not, do they smell the same?

This Pure Malt frenzy is driving me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by gabystie View Post
    I have Play Intense and I'm on the fence if I should blind buy Pure Malt or not, do they smell the same?

This Pure Malt frenzy is driving me nuts.

Play Intense reminds me original A*Men lot. Pure Malt is also similiar but instead of just huge chocolate + coffee blast you also get boozy liquerish vibe. IMHO it is worth to own both.

Los Angeles, CA- too damn close to Scent Bar

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    Anyone think it's a good idea to get a backup bottle of this?
    That depends on you. I like it, but am not that wild about it. Neurosis, I don't know if you have tried this yet. It's quite similar to A*Men, but much quieter overall wearing experience. I think you'll love it, and it may be a nice alternative to A*Men for you. But from what I can tell with your A*Men posts, it will not dethrone A*Men as your favorite.

While many here are all in a frenzy over it, the public at large is not necessarily sweeping it off the shelves. You should have time to wear the first bottle a few times and decide if it's all that.
    Currently wearing: Herod by Parfums de Marly

I wouldn't get hopes up insanely high for this if you haven't smelled it before. I'm definitely getting a bottle, but I still think A*Men is better than Pure Malt.
    Last edited by RyanT; 19th September 2010 at 02:58 AM.

It's at the Nordstrom in my neighborhood now. The helpful and cheery sales associate graciously made not one but two generous samples - so much that I might not even have to buy it now. Mmmmm. . . hate to punish them for good behavior, but seriously, it's pretty strong stuff. One spray and you're done. Still, I might consider buying a bottle now that it's reasonably priced - $70. If it's really a limited edition, that would be a pretty good investment. Bet you could turn it on the net in a few years for a handsome profit. That is, if you're not using it all up.

Personally, I think it's not bad stuff. But I doubt it would become an essential part of my wardrobe.

Blog Entries

I got my bottle today! Nice box

I got my bottle today! Nice box
    and a wonderful fragrance, one of my fav gourmands.

:O i bought the last bottle of pure malt that they had at the bay store here in brampton, ontario, canada for $80 cdn and i got l`eau d`issy for 30% off
    and A TON OF SAMPLES

Ordered it from Nordstrom's tonight. We'll see if it actually arrives as it sounds as though certain supplies are selling out. All the enthusiasm meant a blind buy.

Cheers,
    Daryl J.

Quote Originally Posted by thepunjabi View Post
    :O i bought the last bottle of pure malt that they had at the bay store here in brampton, ontario, canada for $80 cdn and i got l`eau d`issy for 30% off
    and A TON OF SAMPLES
    nicee, leau d'issey is my fav summerish frag =]. hoping that pure malt will be my fav winter!

Pure Malt just blows my mind. Im so glad that i bought two bottles. I cant wait to actually wear it places.
    My Current Fab Four Fragrances:
    1) La Nuit De L'homme
    2) Valentino Uomo Intense
    3) Pure Malt
    4) Le Male

Had a sample about 8 months ago, just ordered a bottle from fragrance.net, have wanted this since i first smelled the sample.

Cant wait ^_^

Socal's Arcadia and Glendale Nordstrom are sold out of pure malt don't know if they will get more, that was quick. 5 days all gone. When I checked they had 6 each...

I'm interested to grab one before it's all gone. FragranceNet sells it, will it be safe to get off FragranceNet or should I pay full retail price in store? Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffa View Post
    I'm interested to grab one before it's all gone. FragranceNet sells it, will it be safe to get off FragranceNet or should I pay full retail price in store? Cheers.
    fragrancenet is safe =]

Cheers, remixx. Since the formula for release is the same I might just get the old batch from FragranceNet. Hopefully the quality is equally good and not inferior to new batch, fingers crossed.

idk if its an old batch that they had in the stock room or something because they re-released it on the same date that nordstroms and thierry mugler website did. But anyways hopefully shipping is fast for you since you're in australia. Its already taking 8 days just to get here from NY to California! I hate UPS and FEDEX!

Blog Entries

I've yet to spray my bottle, im afraid to let a microliter of air in lol. I've been wearing my samples first ( the nordstrom lady gave me 2 filled samples the day i pre-bought it) to get a feel for it. I'm hoping for it to grow on me like A*Men did...it went kind of toxic on me today though, i just wasn't feeling it. It got extremely smokey after about 5 hours, something i've never smelled it do. Now its at a weird vanilla.

for all reading:

DO

NOT

BLIND

BUY

THIS

i'm serious, it's not this mind blowing fragrance everyone makes it out to be. I won't deny it's great but the level of hype it gets is unwarranted. Try to sample it first. This is coming from one of the biggest A*Men fanboys of all time too

anyone else's bottle from fragrancenet not come with plastic wrap on the box?

Los Angeles, CA- too damn close to Scent Bar

I've yet to spray my bottle, im afraid to let a microliter of air in lol. I've been wearing my samples first ( the nordstrom lady gave me 2 filled samples the day i pre-bought it) to get a feel for it. I'm hoping for it to grow on me like A*Men did...it went kind of toxic on me today though, i just wasn't feeling it. It got extremely smokey after about 5 hours, something i've never smelled it do. Now its at a weird vanilla.

for all reading:

DO

NOT

BLIND

BUY

THIS

i'm serious, it's not this mind blowing fragrance everyone makes it out to be. I won't deny it's great but the level of hype it gets is unwarranted. Try to sample it first. This is coming from one of the biggest A*Men fanboys of all time too
    You are a hoot Neurosis
    Currently wearing: Herod by Parfums de Marly

Quote Originally Posted by fitch256 View Post

It should come with plastic wrap.

Quote Originally Posted by b0n3z View Post
    It should come with plastic wrap.
    mine did not, and it looks like it may have been used, the rubber flask had some bumps on it like it had been handled, though it could've come from moving it around a lot. I'm pretty sure it's legit though because I put the code on the inside of the box into the TM website and it was all good.

Quote Originally Posted by fitch256 View Post
    My box from fragrancenet did not include plastic wrap and was actually quite scratched up. The bottle looked like it had been removed from the box and jossled around itself. The bottle looked like it was scratched and had been out of the box for some time. Very odd as this is the only time i have ever experienced this from them. The juice however was 100% authentic, so I guess I could care less.

Needless to say i will be buying my backup bottle from nordstoms

Quote Originally Posted by Captcrunch View Post
    My box from fragrancenet did not include plastic wrap and was actually quite scratched up. The bottle looked like it had been removed from the box and jossled around itself. The bottle looked like it was scratched and had been out of the box for some time. Very odd as this is the only time i have ever experienced this from them. The juice however was 100% authentic, so I guess I could care less.
    Yeah, it seems authentic, but like it was taken out and used. Here's a picture of the bottle I received after two sprays by me:

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...6/puremalt.jpg

Looks like it's ~95-98% full. Oh well. Still good stuff, very, very interesting.

if any of my bottles are unwrapped im going to file a complaint on paypal -_-. I ordered 4 of them!

hmmm, im scared now. i should get my pure malt from fragrancenet this week.....any longevity issues? it should be 10+ hours.

I haven't gotten that much out of it yet but I didn't really properly apply it, and I also went to the gym in between. It's certainly potent, not sure it's at the level of A*Men. I'd be more interested to know what condition your bottle from fragrance net is, whether the box is plastic wrapped and if the bottle is 100% full.

Interesting....I know a Norstrom near me has a half empty tester of it (from which i hijacked a sample ) and the SA said she could actually order me a bottle so i'm gunna have to call em up and secretly go down there (my girlfriend would have a heart attack if i spent $70 on "ANOTHER?!" bottle of cologne. DAMNIT WOMAN ITS PURE MALT!)
    HAHAHAHAHAH thats hilarious dude
    My Current Fab Four Fragrances:
    1) La Nuit De L'homme
    2) Valentino Uomo Intense
    3) Pure Malt
    4) Le Male

I ordered 5 from fragrancenet and got them today they are all wrapped. A couple of months ago I ordered a few from fragrancenet and they were opened but appeared unused. I complained but since the price was good I didn't want a refund.