Code of Conduct
Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 1109

Thread: Pure Malt

  1. #211

    Default Re: Official A*Men Pure Malt Re-Release: Fall 2010

    hopefully mine will be wrapped as well

  2. #212
    StylinLA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    4,354

    Default Re: Official A*Men Pure Malt Re-Release: Fall 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Akalucas View Post
    hopefully mine will be wrapped as well
    As long as the juice is okay, don't worry about it.

  3. #213

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Perfumeland
    Posts
    974

    Default Re: Official A*Men Pure Malt Re-Release: Fall 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    As long as the juice is okay, don't worry about it.
    Mine seems like it is, though I bought this blind. It's just disconcerting that it seems like this is a used bottle, so I don't know what else may have been done to the bottle. I know fragrancenet seems to have a good name, but this does cast a bit of doubt in my mind about them.

  4. #214

    Default Re: Official A*Men Pure Malt Re-Release: Fall 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by fitch256 View Post
    Mine seems like it is, though I bought this blind. It's just disconcerting that it seems like this is a used bottle, so I don't know what else may have been done to the bottle. I know fragrancenet seems to have a good name, but this does cast a bit of doubt in my mind about them.
    exactly, they say on there website their stuff is 100% New. The picture u showed shows that the juice was below the highest point of the star. It should had been above that so i think youre right in saying that theres about 5% juice missing.

  5. #215
    Neurosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I don't have the accent, Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,459
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Official A*Men Pure Malt Re-Release: Fall 2010

    Yeah i'd contact them about a bottle with missing juice. I could deal with no wrapping if the bottle was in tact with full juice, but that bottle in the picture is as full as my A*Men bottle that i've used a ton

  6. #216

    Default Re: Official A*Men Pure Malt Re-Release: Fall 2010

    got mine today from fragrancenet, no plastic, the box and bottle were pretty scratched up, but the bottle is full and serials matched. ill post pics after work sometime tonight

  7. #217

    Default Re: Official A*Men Pure Malt Re-Release: Fall 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by vabigpoppa View Post
    got mine today from fragrancenet, no plastic, the box and bottle were pretty scratched up, but the bottle is full and serials matched. ill post pics after work sometime tonight
    Makes you wonder what the heck is happening....are they grabbing old testers or display bottles and just shipping them out to people? It does appear that do have some normal ones as there have been reports of people receiving theirs in perfect condition, plastic wrap and all.

  8. #218

    Default Re: Official A*Men Pure Malt Re-Release: Fall 2010

    duplicate post...

  9. #219

    Default Re: Official A*Men Pure Malt Re-Release: Fall 2010

    My two pure malts are coming tomorrow. Ill report the condition they came in as soon as I get them

  10. #220

    Default Re: Official A*Men Pure Malt Re-Release: Fall 2010

    guys, don't you see.... probably the opened, plastic missing bottles are those that have been returned by people. and now they are being resent back as new to you. really shady business if thats true

  11. #221

    Default Re: Official A*Men Pure Malt Re-Release: Fall 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by archelon View Post
    guys, don't you see.... probably the opened, plastic missing bottles are those that have been returned by people. and now they are being resent back as new to you. really shady business if thats true
    Ya, seems that's what is happening. I wouldnt mind it but only if they would tell us up front that the bottles are returns and used. Instead they make it seem you're buying a NEW bottle from them. Anyone that has received a badly shaped pure malt or with juice missing should write a review on frangrancenet under pure malt so people and fragrancenet become aware of the problem.

  12. #222

    Default Re: Official A*Men Pure Malt Re-Release: Fall 2010

    Got mine in from fragrancenet today. Not wrapped, bottle looks fine though. It's full and its authentic. Smells just like my sample. I don't see a reason to return it.
    Last edited by RyanT; 24th September 2010 at 01:25 PM.

  13. #223
    ctran019's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    California, LA
    Posts
    223

    Default Re: Official A*Men Pure Malt Re-Release: Fall 2010

    received 2 pure malts today from fragrance. 1 is brand new wrapped blah blah. Other is a opened bottle most likely used, top of the star has 1 cm missing from it. I can confirm that fragrancenet is receiving/recieved returns from department stores. I have the macy's return label still on my box. What should I do complain or just use it or return ? exchange ? its much cheaper than getting it through nordstrom.

  14. #224

    Default Re: Official A*Men Pure Malt Re-Release: Fall 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by ctran019 View Post
    received 2 pure malts today from fragrance. 1 is brand new wrapped blah blah. Other is a opened bottle most likely used, top of the star has 1 cm missing from it. I can confirm that fragrancenet is receiving/recieved returns from department stores. I have the macy's return label still on my box. What should I do complain or just use it or return ? exchange ? its much cheaper than getting it through nordstrom.
    I say just keep it since it was a good deal and probably doesn't warrant the hassle of returning it. I would write a review in fragrancenet under pure malt, describe your experience and say that they should make it clear that customers might receive used bottles.

  15. #225

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Perfumeland
    Posts
    974

    Default Re: Official A*Men Pure Malt Re-Release: Fall 2010

    I called them today and told them what happened with mine and they sent me a prepaid postage slip to return the bottle and the woman offered to put a quality control notice on the order if I wanted them to reship it. I figured I'd give them a chance to make it right and see what happens. If they screw up again then I may return it for my money back.

  16. #226

    Default Re: Official A*Men Pure Malt Re-Release: Fall 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by ctran019 View Post
    received 2 pure malts today from fragrance. 1 is brand new wrapped blah blah. Other is a opened bottle most likely used, top of the star has 1 cm missing from it. I can confirm that fragrancenet is receiving/recieved returns from department stores. I have the macy's return label still on my box. What should I do complain or just use it or return ? exchange ? its much cheaper than getting it through nordstrom.
    Yeah I saved $20 by getting it through fragrancenet. I just double checked and my juice is about a millimeter under the top of the star. I personally am not going to return it and go through the trouble. It smells like it should and looks fine. As far as missing a cm though that seems like a bit much. I'd consider returning it if I was missing that much, but I'd hope they would pay for the return shipping. When it comes down to it though, you have a huge 3.4 oz backup bottle and you saved a lot of money by getting them through fragrancenet. I think you win either way.

  17. #227

    Default Re: Official A*Men Pure Malt Re-Release: Fall 2010

    I got my pure malts today and all of them are wrapped. The sprayer sucks btw
    Last edited by remixx; 22nd September 2010 at 11:41 PM.

  18. #228

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Perfumeland
    Posts
    974

    Default Re: Official A*Men Pure Malt Re-Release: Fall 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanT View Post
    but I'd hope they would pay for the return shipping.
    They immediately emailed me a pre-paid priority mail slip that I can print out, tape onto the box and ship it at their expense.

  19. #229

    Default Re: Official A*Men Pure Malt Re-Release: Fall 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanT View Post
    Yeah I saved $20 by getting it through fragrancenet. I just double checked and my juice is about a millimeter under the top of the star. I personally am not going to return it and go through the trouble. It smells like it should and looks fine. As far as missing a cm though that seems like a bit much. I'd consider returning it if I was missing that much, but I'd hope they would pay for the return shipping. When it comes down to it though, you have a huge 3.4 oz backup bottle and you saved a lot of money by getting them through fragrancenet. I think you win either way.
    if i were you i would not buy a limited edition fragrance online because of the many complaints such as scratches,chips,used juice etc i would buy it in a department store i got my pure malt at The Bay which is a very big department store in canada for $80 and it was plastic wrapped and everything and the bottle was not used or harmed in any way so when buying a limited edition fragrance never buy online

  20. #230

    Default Re: Official A*Men Pure Malt Re-Release: Fall 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by remixx View Post
    I got my pure malts today and all of them are wrapped. The sprayer sucks btw

    sprayer on mine works way better than the rubber flask a men and b men bottle that i have i don`t have to use 50 pounds of force to get a half a spray lol

  21. #231

    Default Re: Official A*Men Pure Malt Re-Release: Fall 2010

    i have to use both my thumbs just to press it down for a complete spray LOL if i dont it comes out like a stream -_-

  22. #232

    Default Re: Official A*Men Pure Malt Re-Release: Fall 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by remixx View Post
    i have to use both my thumbs just to press it down for a complete spray LOL if i dont it comes out like a stream -_-
    lol i have that problem with my 1 million bottle

  23. #233

    Default Re: Official A*Men Pure Malt Re-Release: Fall 2010

    Recieved my order of 8 bottles just now from Fragrancenet...one of them being my second/back-up bottle of Pure Malt. It is wrapped up tight as are all the other bottles. I've been wearing Pure Malt since I got off work @ 3....I want to chew my arm off!! Smells so good as always. I hate the sprayers on the rubber A*Men bottles.

    Haven't had a problem with Fragrancenet yet in my few time ordering from them.

  24. #234

    Default Re: Official A*Men Pure Malt Re-Release: Fall 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by DaCheese21 View Post
    Recieved my order of 8 bottles just now from Fragrancenet...one of them being my second/back-up bottle of Pure Malt. It is wrapped up tight as are all the other bottles. I've been wearing Pure Malt since I got off work @ 3....I want to chew my arm off!! Smells so good as always. I hate the sprayers on the rubber A*Men bottles.

    Haven't had a problem with Fragrancenet yet in my few time ordering from them.
    I am seriously going crazy waiting for the days to cool off enough for me to wear this outside of the house. So far it has been me running to my bottle when I get home to wear around the house. There is something about cold crisp air that transforms the right fragrance into something even more beautiful. I am hoping this is the case with Pure Malt!

  25. #235

    Default Re: Official A*Men Pure Malt Re-Release: Fall 2010

    Hey can we get a picture for Pure Malt? I hate looking at my wardrobe and seeing fragrances with missing photos. How can we make that happen?

  26. #236
    Neurosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I don't have the accent, Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,459
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Official A*Men Pure Malt Re-Release: Fall 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanT View Post
    Hey can we get a picture for Pure Malt? I hate looking at my wardrobe and seeing fragrances with missing photos. How can we make that happen?
    I've been thinking the same for so long now

  27. #237

    Default Re: Official A*Men Pure Malt Re-Release: Fall 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by remixx View Post
    i have to use both my thumbs just to press it down for a complete spray LOL if i dont it comes out like a stream -_-
    I have the same problem with both my coffee and malt rubber flasks, and it's tempting to try another pump if it doesn't spray properly so I sometimes end up wearing too much.

    Does anyone know if the internals of the rubber flasks are the same as the metal ones? I might swap my malt bottle into my a*men metal flask.

  28. #238

    Default Re: Official A*Men Pure Malt Re-Release: Fall 2010

    Yea, I'm having issues with my sprayer as well. I think I will just decant some into a 10ml plastic atomizer. So far I have been pretty happy with their spray pattern.

  29. #239
    Smeghead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    354

    Default Re: Official A*Men Pure Malt Re-Release: Fall 2010

    Ah, so the rubber flask is just as restricting as their other rubber flask bottles. That's a shame. I had the same problem with B*Men, and after I cut the bottle out the rubber it worked SO much better.

    If no one cares about mutilating their Pure Malt bottle, you can make a small cut to make it a lot easier to spray.





    You can not cut it where the dotted line is if you don't want to fully cut the rubber flask apart.

    Quote Originally Posted by ceekay View Post
    Does anyone know if the internals of the rubber flasks are the same as the metal ones? I might swap my malt bottle into my a*men metal flask.
    Here is what the bottle inside looks like (obviously not the same bottle, but I'm assuming it's very similar):

    Last edited by Smeghead; 23rd September 2010 at 01:30 PM.

  30. #240

    Default Re: Official A*Men Pure Malt Re-Release: Fall 2010

    Does anybody know if the packages received from fragrancenet though UPS require signature or will they just leave the box outside
    Last edited by Akalucas; 23rd September 2010 at 05:52 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Pure Malt
    By petruccijc in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 508
    Last Post: 13th March 2012, 05:23 AM
  2. Youtube Review Thread #24 : Pure Malt by Thierry Mugler (Sept.18th)
    By Robes08 in forum Member blogs and websites
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10th December 2011, 04:10 PM
  3. A*Men Pure Coffee and Pure Malt
    By shamu1 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 15th November 2009, 04:43 AM
  4. Tested A*Men Pure Malt Today...
    By iMaverick in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 15th July 2009, 12:59 PM
  5. A*Men Pure Malt Spotted @ Macy's
    By scentimus in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 19th May 2009, 10:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000