Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Pure Malt

Cool Pure Malt

How rare is pure malt? I thought it was very hard to find and yet the local Dillard's had about five or so boxes that I could see. I was thinking about investing in one...

Default Re: Pure Malt

Buy them up, wait about 6 months or so, then sell them on Ebay 1 at a time at double or triple the price.

Blog Entries

Malt isn't rare, but it might be in the future. It's a limited edition. Typically, LEs appear in profusion, die off slowly over the year, and maybe (if you're lucky) show up in bulk at the end of the run. After that, they can be wickedly hard to find - particularly if popular. They're just GONE, and there is no restocking.

Thierry Mugler Pure Coffee is now available on the TM website. It was a discontinued limited edition, but it was so popular, they have brought it back - at least for a while. There is no telling what will happen with Pure Malt. It could be discontinued, or kept on the corporate website like Pure Coffee. If you think you like it, then buy it before it is discontinued. Or, like Shaheen says, invest!

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Buy Buy Buy! Pure Malt is a beautiful investment-grade gem.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

buy and sell later on ebay, you'll turn a profit. It is a good scent imo i like it as much as the original A*men
    Want to buy/trade: looking for some escentric molecules kinski, I have a bunch of decants/samples including escentric 02 and escentric 01

PM ME

You'll be able to make a nice profit off people like myself who will have wished they purchased back up(s)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tedster View Post
    You'll be able to make a nice profit off people like myself who will have wished they purchased back up(s)
    LOL - Yeah, I know that feeling!

Quote Originally Posted by kxe003 View Post
    How rare is pure malt? I thought it was very hard to find and yet the local Dillard's had about five or so boxes that I could see. I was thinking about investing in one...
    Dillard's and Nordstrom's has them online for $70. How much are they at your local store?

or you could buy a couple, open one up and enjoy it

Wow, on another thread, people keep on complaining about Ebayers trying to take a profit from the discontinued vintage HAVANA , but here, everyone's encouraging the OP to be exactly like those scummy EBAYERs.
    pffft.
    LF: CAP/LID for Creed Original vetiver and Creed Millesime Imperiale, 75ml. Please pm me.. Thanks!

Default Re-Launch of A-Men Pure Malt?

I need your opinions on something, because I am baffled. I took the advice of several who prompted me to purchase A-Men Pure Malt. It is wonderful, and I think it is a truly spectacular designer fragrance. Thank you for convincing me to purchase it.

What baffles me is why Mugler would make this a limited edition fragrance? Many have said that they prefer Pure Malt to the original A-Men, and I would be one in this category. This leads me to believe that "limited edition" meant "to be re-launched at a later date with some changes" (hopefully minor). My reason being that I don't think Mugler, if he is a true businessman, would let something this popular just fade away.

We are seeing the last remaining bottles of Pure Malt on sale, and then people who love the fragrance will "get hungry" for it and start purchasing it on e-bay for a period of time (which camp Mugler will be monitoring), and then when it's selling for $200-$500 a bottle (like Giorgio Beverly Hills for Men)....RE-LAUNCH!!! We've seen it before, and I think we are going to see it again. What are your thoughts and opinions?
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Default Re: Re-Launch of A-Men Pure Malt?

WHAT?! Are you all hopin it's true, but afraid to say something for fear of jinxing it? Hmm? Hmm?
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by Rosehavn View Post
    WHAT?! Are you all hopin it's true, but afraid to say something for fear of jinxing it? Hmm? Hmm?

No, it's just that there is nothing of substantive proof behind your post. I think all the A*mens are crass, cloying, simplistic, synthetic and unrefined. Somewhat analogous to the way many see the 80's powerhouses today. The Bijan's, the Quorums. They're nice but after you tasted real tuna, the canned stuff tastes like dog food. After you've smelled New Haarlem, Endymion, Aomassai or Eau Des Iles - the A*Men series becomes canned tuna. Don't mind me I'm just venting.

this might be off topic, but do any of u know why B*men was discontinued. i bought 2 bottles at Marshalls for cheap and its actually very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    No, it's just that there is nothing of substantive proof behind your post. I think all the A*mens are crass, cloying, simplistic, synthetic and unrefined. Somewhat analogous to the way many see the 80's powerhouses today. The Bijan's, the Quorums. They're nice but after you tasted real tuna, the canned stuff tastes like dog food. After you've smelled New Haarlem, Endymion, Aomassai or Eau Des Iles - the A*Men series becomes canned tuna. Don't mind me I'm just venting.

Oh my. Where are all you Mugler Lovers????????? You're just going to let this slide? I LOVE PURE MALT!

I don't think the masses (no, basenoters are not even a fraction of the masses) are even aware of half the things we talk about here. I don't think the Mugler camp cares what we think - they do care what the masses think and do. So it may not have been that big of a flanker seller by Original A*men standards. Perhaps they will reintroduce it sometime down the road, who knows? History has shown this does happen. Aramis Men's Collection, e.g.

Actually it's genius...

When something is a limited edition and people like it, it creates a buzz and it prompts everyone to get off their ass and buy it before it's gone forever and you have to pay 3x the price on Ebay. He did this before with Pure Coffee and obviously it's working because he used the same strategy for Pure Malt. So the next time Mugler decides to release a limited edition, just buy it. Even if you don't like it, hold on to it for a year or two and chances are you'll be able to sell it for a healthy profit...

I want to test Pure Malt badly.

Although I find the original almost disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by JBL View Post
    I want to test Pure Malt badly.

Thar she blows, cupcake island...

http://www.beautyencounter.com/50001...ent=5000108562

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rosehavn View Post
    Oh my. Where are all you Mugler Lovers????????? You're just going to let this slide? I LOVE PURE MALT!
    I'm here, hoping itll happen! But i doubt it will

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    With the shipping to Belgium that sample would cost me $30,94.
    Paying Xerjoff prices for a Mugler? No thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    this might be off topic, but do any of u know why B*men was discontinued. i bought 2 bottles at Marshalls for cheap and its actually very nice.
    My guess is that it wasn't moving off the shelves, because people were buying A-Men, and the limited editions. I prefer B-Men over A-Men, but Pure Malt is better than both.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    I just bought this as well, I've tried to find this at Marshalls but had no luck, how much was it for what size?

IMO, even though Mugler Pure Malt is a good fragrance, the original A*men still trumps it. I find Pure Malt to be a mellowed down version of the original and it misses all the crudeness of the original. I absolutely love the original more than any of the flankers. Though I must admit that when I bought my bottle of Mugler Pure Malt, I did feel that it surpassed the original. For someone who likes it smooth, Pure Malt would be an ideal choice but that's not me, as I like it rough :-)

Pure Malt is not a significantly different fragrance from the original and therefore it may not warrant a permanent place in Mugler's offerings. The original is apparently quite popular is why it is still surviving.

Quote Originally Posted by fitch256 View Post
    I just bought this as well, I've tried to find this at Marshalls but had no luck, how much was it for what size?
    3.4 oz for $25. IMO its a great buy. Like i said, in the begining i was using it wrong and thought it was "old-manish", but when used properly, especially on the dry down, it is pleasantly sweet with a hint of spice

Exclamation Official A*Men Pure Malt Re-Release: Fall 2010

EDIT: It looks like it is now officially re-released:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3024137

Sorry to create yet another topic on this, but since I had a hard time believing a lot of information floating around, I went ahead and emailed Melisa Alexander of TMP Consumer Relations to see if I could get an official word.

These are both emails, from myself and Melisa's reply back, including email headers. I'm removing my email address from the information, but they will otherwise be untouched:

First, myself to Melisa Alexander at TMPCR:
    from Shane Wyatt <*******@gmail.com>
    to TMPConsumerRelations <Circle@usa.mugler.net>
    date Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 1:38 AM
    subject A*Men Pure Malt
    mailed-by gmail.com

hide details 1:38 AM (11 hours ago)

Dear Melisa Alexander,

There is much information floating around the internet quoting your statement that A*Men Pure Malt is being re-released in Fall of 2010.

As an official statement, is A*Men Pure Malt being re-released in the Fall of this year?

Thank you,
    Shane Wyatt
    Reply from Melisa:
    from TMPConsumerRelations <Circle@usa.mugler.net>
    to Shane Wyatt <*******@gmail.com>
    date Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 11:10 AM
    subject RE: A*Men Pure Malt

hide details 11:10 AM (2 hours ago)

Hello Shane,

As stated, A*MEN Pure Malt will be re-released in the Fall of this year 2010.

Melisa Alexander
    Thierry Mugler | 1 Park Avenue | New York, NY 10016
    1.866.T.MUGLER | Fax: 212.754.0977
    Questions on Formulation:
    From Myself:
    from Shane Wyatt <******@gmail.com>
    to TMPConsumerRelations <Circle@usa.mugler.net>
    date Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 1:45 PM
    subject Re: A*Men Pure Malt
    mailed-by gmail.com

hide details Aug 17 (2 days ago)

Thank you for your confirmation, Melisa. Will this re-release be a reformulation of the original, or the molecularly identical fragrance?

Thanks,
    Shane Wyatt
    Reply from Melisa:
    from TMPConsumerRelations <Circle@usa.mugler.net>
    to Shane Wyatt <******@gmail.com>
    date Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 10:09 AM
    subject RE: A*Men Pure Malt

hide details 10:09 AM (6 hours ago)

Hello Shane,

The formula will remain the same.

Kind regards,

Melisa Alexander
    To me it seems like this is set in stone. As I'm a newbie here, I'm not interested in making up rumors to tarnish my reputation. If you'd all like screenshots, I can provide those as well.

I'm excited, as I've never sampled this fragrance and will be getting the chance to in the near future. I'm glad that we'll all be able to benefit from this, and great job to everyone who pushed to get this fragrance re-released!
    Last edited by xiton; 16th September 2010 at 03:27 AM. Reason: Released

Default Re: Official A*Men Pure Malt Re-Release: Fall 2010

I still have a full bottle. But this is good. Now I don't have to worry about using up my bottle and that being the end of it. I wish they would release Pure Coffee again. My bottle is almost gone!

I'm still anticipating a BRAND NEW mens fragrance from them. New bottle, new name, new everything.

Blog Entries

I sent them am e-mail as well, just to confirm. The last 2 to "confirm" it had 1-2 posts so i took that into consideration, just in case (i hate getting my hopes up for nothing!) I'll post the reply i get as well

Thanks for verifying! I was a little unsure of the rumors, as most posters claiming that it was being re-released solely had 1 or 2 posts (nothing against them just prior forums experience). This is good news!
    Working on updating my cologne wardrobe!

Favorite House: Editions de Parfum de Frederick Malle

Will it be original formula or reformulated.... that's the real question.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

I was travelling from Stanstead Airport in London two weeks ago and they are selling it n the Duty Free there..

I can't wait to try it, just out of curiosity. I can't imagine it living up to the hype, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsta View Post
    I'm awaiting a response to this question. I'm hoping to get information about this as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsta View Post
    LOL

It's only been out for a year. If they reformulated it, that would be a record...

This is an excellent decision by Mugler, as Pure Malt slaughters the regular A*Men by a huge margin.
    Now if only they would re-issue Pure Coffee.

Is this new release worldwide or only for US?

I didn't receive a reformulation answer today...lets see what happens tomorrow.

Blog Entries

Lol poor Ms. Alexander. She's going to have about 50 emails asking the same question about Pure Malt

I've received a reply back about the formulation, and Melisa said it will be the same fragrance with no reformulation. I will post the email when I get home. Old cell phone can only do so much... :P

Pure Malt should be a "non limited" edition. Plus, we need a new male fragance by Mugler, he's getting pretty lazy about that, too much gym, maybe...

Unhappy Re: Official A*Men Pure Malt Re-Release: Fall 2010

I emailed the Dutch customer service today and this is what she replied to me:

Geachte heer,

Bedankt voor uw email.

Helaas is A*Men Pure Malt niet meer te koop in Nederland.
    Wij hebben ook nog niets gehoord over een nieuwe lancering van deze geur.
    Dit jaar zal deze geur niet meer uitkomen.
    Wel komt er een collector’s van A*Men uit eind dit jaar.

Het is mogelijk dat de geur opnieuw gelanceerd gaat worden, maar wij hebben hier tot op heden nog niets over gehoord.

Ik hoop u hiermee voldoende geïnformeerd te hebben.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Monique Joosten
    Thierry Mugler Parfums
    Translated:

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your email.

Unfortunately A*Men Pure Malt is no longer for sale in The Netherlands.
    We also haven't heard of a relaunch of this scent.
    This year this scent won't come out anymore.
    But there will be a collectors item of A*Men at the end of this year.

It is possible that the scent will be relaunched, but to date we haven't heard anything of it yet.

I hope to have informed you sufficiently.

Sincerely,

Monique Joosten
    Thierry Mugler Parfums
    Acqua di Giò is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

Ah forget it, till I hear an official statement or press release from the Mugler company themselves, I'm not believing anything.

Blog Entries

ITS TRUE! I would NOT bullshit you guys cause anyone who knows my fragrance tastes knows Mugler is a fragrance god to me. Got this e-mail today...

Date: Wednesday, August 18, 2010 8:06 AM
    To: *******@charter.net
    Subject: RE: Thierry Mugler E-commerce Store
    Size: 3 KB

Hello James,

A*MEN Pure Malt will be available in September 2010 at Nordstrom stores.

Kind regards,

Melisa Alexander

Who else is pumped!? Unfortuanately Nordstrom is a good 40 mins away from me but you bet i'll be heading there!

EDIT: To anyone who may have originally purchsed Pure Malt from Nordstrom, how much was it? If it's $82 like the 3.4oz of A*Men im gunna be pretty annoyed. If its $70 though thats not bad
    Last edited by Neurosis; 18th August 2010 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Price Concern

Thats good news indeed. I hope they will make it unlimited edition so I can bath in it forever :-). *Spraying another spritz of Pure Malt on chest*
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    EDIT: To anyone who may have originally purchsed Pure Malt from Nordstrom, how much was it? If it's $82 like the 3.4oz of A*Men im gunna be pretty annoyed. If its $70 though thats not bad
    I got my bottle of Pure Malt from Nordstrom last summer. It was $70.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    Thats good news indeed. I hope they will make it unlimited edition so I can bath in it forever :-). *Spraying another spritz of Pure Malt on chest*
    amen brother, amen...

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing the Dragon View Post
    I got my bottle of Pure Malt from Nordstrom last summer. It was $70.
    sweet! thats better than $82

In Slovakia Pure Malt is for 80 Euros in retail (same as L'Instant Guerlain EDP for example). But its worth it.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

I've edited my initial post with emails about formulation!

This is good news.....I do not like to purchase limited editions.....For fear of not being able to replace something that I Love!!! This is very good news, thanks for the update!
    Gary

If it continues to sell like crazy, TM may release it as a permanent offering. Personally, I love Pure Coffee and Pure Malt (I have a full bottle of each) and would like to see an all new release in the "A*Men Pure ____" lineup. (Sunessence does NOT count!)

bah this means more people will smell like this. A-men sells very well up here. Oh well...gotta mix things up more in the winter now lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shaheen View Post
    If it continues to sell like crazy, TM may release it as a permanent offering. Personally, I love Pure Coffee and Pure Malt (I have a full bottle of each) and would like to see an all new release in the "A*Men Pure ____" lineup. (Sunessence does NOT count!)
    Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH from another thread
    Pure Cacao
    (with a strong bitter Cacao bean like in L'Instant)

Pure Toffee
    (with a strong werther's hard candy note)

He could always just get stupid and run the gamut with less intriguing:
    Pure Patchouli
    Pure Caramel
    Pure Vanilla
    Pure Mint
    Pure Tabac
    Pure Cognac (although Malt definitely had some grape/fruit nuance already)

My guess is Pure Cacao of Pure Toffee, they would do better sales wise than another.
    Especially if it is very bitter cacao, people will go in thinking "oh, it'll be more sweet chocalate", and BAM, bitter raw Cacao.

...And on 2nd thaught, even though the name is a silly/difficult one, I think Pure Mint would have the next best chance to be something special and with big sales of that list. Plus, the mint could possibly conceal that helional even better than Pure malt did.
    A higher dose of Mint, with coffee/chocalate, could succeed bigtime, anyone who has tried these may agree:

Pure Cacao
    Pure Toffee
    A*Men Irish Cream Mint

I still have like 98% of my opened bottle and my unopened backup bottle is still doing great. I'm happy for all who haven't gotten to try/purchase it yet! I quite enjoyed Pure Coffee but ended up enjoying New Haarlem more.

I wish he was creating a new fragrance though Ah well
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
    I wish he was creating a new fragrance though Ah well
    Me too! As long as it wasn't something like A*Men Pure Protein Supplements.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Me too! As long as it wasn't something like A*Men Pure Protein Supplements.
    Ha!
    Dude is truly huge.
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickins View Post
    Ha!
    Dude is truly huge.
    He certainly does not present the profile of what ANYONE would expect would be the designer of any perfume, let alone the Angel line.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Pure Toffee
    That could work with a wood note & just a touch of labdanum ! ?

am i the only one who does not want pure malt to be re-released? not that im selfish but i have a bottle and knowing that it is a limited edition keeps that magic about it, it has an 'aura' about it, not many have it and to me that keeps it special. if everyone is now wearing it and is widely available it will no longer seem exclusive to me, as every jerk in town will own it, then it will become like paco rabbanne's 1 million, which i loved but 1 in 2 people in the UK has it, then i got sick of smelling it on everyone and now i cant stand it.

All this talk about Pure Malt is making me want a decant now. I haven't explored Thierry very much, not since I was a given a sample of Ice Men a couple of years ago, which was accompanied by a pounding headache. I am curious about this PM....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jlouismi View Post
    am i the only one who does not want pure malt to be re-released? not that im selfish but i have a bottle and knowing that it is a limited edition keeps that magic about it, it has an 'aura' about it, not many have it and to me that keeps it special. if everyone is now wearing it and is widely available it will no longer seem exclusive to me, as every jerk in town will own it, then it will become like paco rabbanne's 1 million, which i loved but 1 in 2 people in the UK has it, then i got sick of smelling it on everyone and now i cant stand it.
    You're joking right? A small group of Pure Malt fans wanting it to be re-released does NOT mean it'll be popular by any means. It's still limited edition, I've just got a feeling they had a bunch left over at Thierry Mugler HQ.