Code of Conduct

Default Mazzolari Ambra - an extension of...the C Mafia.

Today, i got a chance to sample the very latest offering from Mazzolari which is, Ambra. I already have Lui and have sampled the self titled (which is simply adore). So, obviously, like most of us here, i was curious to sample the latest from Mazzolari; a house i have tremendous respect for. Ambra didnt disappoint. it has a pretty bold, earthy, gingery, floral bouquet in its opening which leads into a very balm like accord in minutes thereby leading into an accord which is so darn familiar. i refer to this accord as the "Coromandel Mafia". Histoire de Parfums did it earlier with Noir Patchouli and now Mazzolari with Ambra.

I feel scents like Coromandel (it's still #1 in my books) Noir Patchouli & Ambra belong to the same family of a scents which offers a lush bouquet of florals with a balanced touch of spices and a signature accord of patchouli. However, it;d be an overkill to have all these 3 scents in same wardrobe.

Anyone here notice these similarities.....?

AromiErotici

Default Re: Mazzolari Ambra - an extension of...the C Mafia.

jen....that's interesting. Am I understanding that Ambra is more along the lines of a patch scent with amber?

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    .... it has a pretty bold, earthy, gingery, floral bouquet in its opening ...
    Gingery huh? That it's interesting, ginger is a top 5 most hated note for me (except for in Five O'Clock Au Gingembre, I don't know why maybe because it's in a mosh pit of gourmand notes?), and I don't remember ginger, though it's probably there. What I agree with you on is the floral bouquet, this was far "prettier" than I was expecting it to be, when I tried it. It came off quite feminine to my nose, but not something SO feminine that a man couldn't be comfortable wearing it. My mother likes old-school feminine orientals, and this just reminds me too much of something that she'd wear.

Edit: To address Aromi's question, I really didn't get a patch bomb with this one. Again, it's been well over a month since I tried it, and I just remember being so blindsided with the floral element I wasn't expecting that I don't remember much else.
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 29th November 2009 at 05:24 PM.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    To address Aromi's question, I really didn't get a patch bomb with this one. Again, it's been well over a month since I tried it, and I just remember being so blindsided with the floral element I wasn't expecting that I don't remember much else.
    Thank you bro. Floral is okay, but I usually avoid floral-dominant.

Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    Thank you bro. Floral is okay, but I usually avoid floral-dominant.
    Aromi, you've come this far, you know as well as anybody, sample sample sample. It's floraly, but it's not a floral fragrance, if you know what I mean.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

AromiErotici

Aromi, you've come this far, you know as well as anybody, sample sample sample. It's floraly, but it's not a floral fragrance, if you know what I mean.
    Jenson hooked me with "Coromandel Mafia" line.

Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    jen....that's interesting. Am I understanding that Ambra is more along the lines of a patch scent with amber?
    I would think so Aromi. it comes acrosS as a patch prominent scent with a soft glow of amber. If you like scents like Coromandel (which is feel is very elegant, mysterious and suave scent for evening wears) then you would very readily welcome Ambra which is much more balmy if you like..

Gingery huh? That it's interesting, ginger is a top 5 most hated note for me (except for in Five O'Clock Au Gingembre, I don't know why maybe because it's in a mosh pit of gourmand notes?), and I don't remember ginger, though it's probably there. What I agree with you on is the floral bouquet, this was far "prettier" than I was expecting it to be, when I tried it. It came off quite feminine to my nose, but not something SO feminine that a man couldn't be comfortable wearing it. My mother likes old-school feminine orientals, and this just reminds me too much of something that she'd wear.
    like i mentioned, it's just a brief accord in its opening leading into a balm like accord within minutes.. what follows is a wonderful melange of a gothic palate of florals, balms and patchouli...yummm

regading it being feminine - i totally agree with you on that aspect. Thats what i felt too upon immediate application...but, let it settle down and it's failry unisex, leaning more towards masculine... did you get a chance to wear it as your sotd....?
    Last edited by jenson; 30th November 2009 at 03:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    I would think so Aromi. it comes acrosS as a patch prominent scent with a soft glow of amber. If you like scents like Coromandel (which is feel is very elegant, mysterious and suave scent for evening wears) then you would very readily welcome Ambra which is much more balmy if you like..

like i mentioned, it's just a brief accord in its opening leading into a balm like accord within minutes.. what follows is a wonderful melange of a gothic palate of florals, balms and patchouli...yummm

regading it being feminine - i totally agree with you on that aspect. Thats what i felt too upon immediate application...but, let it settle down and it's failry unisex, leaning more towards masculine... did you get a chance to wear it as your sotd....?
    Nope just a sample wrist test. But I do have the sample at home, so I can revisit it.