Code of Conduct

Default My Armani Black Code--Fake or Genuine?

Hello BNer's, I bought a 2.5oz bottle of Armani Code from Ebay about 2 months back from this dealer--> http://myworld.ebay.com/mamaci3000, was the top bidder at $25.00 and won. When I received the bottle, the atomizer was already sprtizing as if someone was already using it. Then I tried it and it smelled a lot more boozy than I had remembered from testing it at Macy's. Is my bottle a fraud or do I just have a distaste for Armani Code??

Default Re: My Armani Black Code--Fake or Genuine?

I get the same worries, when I order fragrances from Ebay, so I switched over to Amazon and Fragrancenet......
    Her feedback is pretty good, if the smell is kinda boozy; I am guessing its a genuine but an old bottle...... hows the longevity?

I'd bet big money that you got a fake, if I could:

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?Use...ed+by&ref=home

I guess you get fraud !

The "good news" is that many of these kinds of sellers will just refund your money, because they don't want more negative feedback. You have nothing to lose, so you can make up a story about knowing a perfumer who says it's definitely fake or "bad" (this will give the seller an "opening" to say something like, "oh, it must be old, sorry, I'll refund your money," without him/her admitting guilt).

My question is with all the expensive niche frags to fake, why would you pick Code. It's so generic and pretty inexpensive.

Well I guess that answers my question! It smells exactly like my Bod Black Body Spray that I got for a dollar from K-Mart. Whatever, guess it's my loss..getting my frags from Parfum1 and ScentMonkey from now on! Thanks for the feedback everyone

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    My question is with all the expensive niche frags to fake, why would you pick Code. It's so generic and pretty inexpensive.
    My question to you is :

Why not fake a perennial top 10 seller with high name brand recognition. A fragrance this retails for $58 for the 50 ml bottles and somewhat less at online shops ? Also, this fragrance has been around for what ? 6 years now and is/will be a top 10 seller for a while. Niche fragrances don't have the demand that the Armani label has in fragrances for men.

Go to a mall and the smell of Code will just pop out from nowhere. It is not quite Acqua di Gio pour Homme, but pretty darn close. Sorry to get all crazy with ya Jon

Right, if you look at the seller's stock, it was all best seller frags that have been heavily bootlegged. sometimes they mix in cheap, old outdates authentics bodega-style, but looking at this sellers stock alone is a dead igveaway they sell fakes. The feedback is the nail in the coffin for any skeptics.

Who would want to buy Armani Code genuine or otherwise anyway?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    My question to you is :

Why not fake a perennial top 10 seller with high name brand recognition. A fragrance this retails for $58 for the 50 ml bottles and somewhat less at online shops ? Also, this fragrance has been around for what ? 6 years now and is/will be a top 10 seller for a while. Niche fragrances don't have the demand that the Armani label has in fragrances for men.

Go to a mall and the smell of Code will just pop out from nowhere. It is not quite Acqua di Gio pour Homme, but pretty darn close. Sorry to get all crazy with ya Jon
    Absolutely. Everybody is watching for the fake Creed. I don't think most people are watching that closely on this stuff. When I read about fake Kenzo being confiscated at the border, though, I knew the bad guys had to be hitting the middle-shelf frags pretty hard.

Quote Originally Posted by bokaba View Post
    Who would want to buy Armani Code genuine or otherwise anyway?
    (1) LMAO

(2)

I mean, it's not THAT bad.

Seriously - it used to be fairly distinctive, and people liked it. Now.... crickets. I think it's because everybody wears it - even my son's HS friends are wearing it. I still wear it to work on occasion - sometimes the cool, powdery thing feels really good when it's hot out. But I'm just not loving it as much.

A fragrance that might appeal to others who like Code is Cereus no. 14. Less floral and powdery, more woody and musky. Pricier, though - and that's one advantage of Code.

REAL Code, that is...

I bought Code from this lady awhile back and it is a fake. Mine was leaking when I got it "brand new in box". When I contacted her she just gave me my money back and told me to send cologne back. I never sent the cologne back to her and she never questioned me further. If it was real she would have wanted her bottle back don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by r0bdigz View Post
    I bought Code from this lady awhile back and it is a fake. Mine was leaking when I got it "brand new in box". When I contacted her she just gave me my money back and told me to send cologne back. I never sent the cologne back to her and she never questioned me further. If it was real she would have wanted her bottle back don't you think?
    Not always who know if she want the bottle back if u sent it back to her and maybe she could reselling it again lol.

I found a user on Ebay with genuine product and reasonable pricing if anyone is interested..http://myworld.ebay.com/atozperfumes/
    Here's some feedback, 4 negative in the past year that all relate to shipment hiccups..http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?Use...rn=Received+by

last week i bought an A*Men fake from the seller " http://myworld.ebay.com/aynama3000".. i think both are the same seller with different accounts.. http://myworld.ebay.com/mamaci3000

badtrip :/

Quote Originally Posted by blas View Post
    last week i bought an A*Men fake from the seller " http://myworld.ebay.com/aynama3000".. i think both are the same seller with different accounts.. http://myworld.ebay.com/mamaci3000

badtrip :/
    NOPE! Same user, this sucka needs to be stopped! He/she is selling fakes by the minute! Imagine the poor souls walking around wearing bug spray thinking that their bathed in a designer fragrance? Oh the humanity!!

Quote Originally Posted by MassMenace View Post
    Well I guess that answers my question! It smells exactly like my Bod Black Body Spray that I got for a dollar from K-Mart. Whatever, guess it's my loss..getting my frags from Parfum1 and ScentMonkey from now on! Thanks for the feedback everyone
    You can also use ebay if the price is good and you check toolhaus.

Quote Originally Posted by makeitrainharder View Post
    You can also use ebay if the price is good and you check toolhaus.
    Yeah that what i do now when before i wanna buy anything from ebay and that's for my safety.