Code of Conduct

Default SotD Tuesday 1 December

Good morning!

Jicky PdT for me today.
    Last edited by tigrushka; 1st December 2009 at 05:06 AM. Reason: fatal error aka sotd bug
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Tuesday 1 December

Guerlin – Samsara (parfum)

Basenotes Institution

Gucci by Gucci ...again !
    Have a fab day everyone !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

December has arrived and we have our first real frost
    of the season. I am reaching for my cosy, warming
    Heliotrope Blanc. Enjoy your day everyone and don't
    forget to wrap up warm!!

Chilly over here, too, though no frost.

Sampling Mona di Orio's charity scent Jabu. It's nice! Probably the most universally likeable entry in her entire line. Those of us who are scared off by the generous helping of civet & other animalics in her scents could well like this one: it's positively clean by her standards. Creamy tuberose & orange blossom with a zesty, vaguely minty opening. More coherent impressions later on.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Basenotes Plus

Morning all! It's very chilly here and it's the first day this winter that I've had to de-ice the car (boooooooo). Wearing Black Orchid today.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Vintage Chantilly. Have a nice day!

There are SO many here who could use a big hug...
    RHM, Soirdelune, so many more.
    Those heartsick, ailing.
    Sending you loving- but not smothering- warmth, from my heart to yours.

Aimez-Moi last night; I needed to feel our tdem nearby ;-)

If I'm writing spottily- I just am not well, haven't been, don't know when I will be.
    NOT life-threatening ;-)

VERY EXCITED about a visit w/ debborra!
    She will spend the w/e chez Meister, in order to attend the Neil Morris event next week.
    Such a lovely lady ....
    DH and I are thrilled.

It will be SO lovely to have her intimately in our quiet kitchen, far from the deafening whirlwind that is Sniffapalooza ;-)

AND she gets to see SMM, Com Diva, Pomander [ I hope !], etc.

SOTD ?
    I PRAY that it will be POTL's Luctor et Emergo, or Amouage Tribute...SIGH.
    But , more likely- Cartier's Treizieme Heure.

Big hugs, you scented seraphim.

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Czech & Speake No. 88.

Top Notes: Bergamot, Geranium
    Middle Notes: Rose Otto, Cassie, Frangipani
    Base Notes: Vetiver, Sandalwood
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Good morning!

Montale Chocolate Greedy for me today.

Good morning all It''s been snowing a lot during the night here too. Felt like wearing something spicy,so I'm in Chergui today. Hugs to all that needs one!

Banned

Serge Lutens
    Fourreau Noir

Coromandel by Chanel for me today.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Annick Goutal Ambre Fetiche from a Ubuandibeme sample
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Mmmmm kbe, you smell good! I love the way a 'dry' scent smells on a man. Amber Fetiche's incense and amber pairing works well creating a drier, yet still ambery flair! (For myself, I hold a general preference to the sweet.)

I'm joining Chaya in a "group hug" for RHM, Soirdelune, and others finding themselves in need of a squeeze! How lucky is debborrra?!?!?!

Feeling lucky myself today...my father-in-law's (who passed away in Aug.) girlfriend Mary is coming over to visit & have lunch. The last time I went out with her I bought some Mira Bai, so that's what I'l be wearing!
    Last edited by ubuandibeme; 1st December 2009 at 12:49 PM.

Feeling winter in the air this morning. Warming up with New York.. G'day to all!
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

The ground was glittering this morning, and lots of fog as I drove my mother to the airport, but we didn't quite hit the freezing mark here. Still...the colder weather has me thinking of holiday treats, and since I felt like a sweetie I decided to polish off a sample of Serge Lutens' Un Bois Vanille that someone sent me a while back. This one is so smoky that I don't know whether I can tolerate it. It smells like a vanilla candle that's been snuffed out. Maybe it will settle down soon.

Chaya, thanks for the ((hug)) and warmth, and a big warm ((hug)) right back at you. I hope you feel better soon. Sending healthy wishes and prayers your way. Joining in the group hug with everybody else who needs one today.

Wishing everybody a healthy & happy day!

Basenotes Plus

(((((Chaya))))) Feel better, honey. Thrilling to know you joined me in Aimez-Moi last night. Dag, we smelled fine. OOOH! It's lovely that you and Debbborra will get together. She's such a doll. How lucky for you both!

Getting in on the group hug. The line forms to the left, for whover wants one. (((((BN)))))

i Profumi di Firenze Ambra del Nepal *yum*
    Notes: amber, cardamom, vanilla

Take care, everyone!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Wearing the deep and lovely Maitresse today.

Back from four days in pink and pretty BERMUDA and wistfully wearing one of their homegrown scents....

Oleander
    ...by Lili Bermuda. The notes include muguet, Bermuda Oleander, white orris, pink water lily and hibiscus over "silkmusk" and vanilla flower. It is quite musky sweet and very reminiscent of oleander.

SO good to be back home with all y'all!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Must speak with Zeus about lifting these ills and aches. The Fair Ladies of Basenotes should not suffer so. At minimum, Hermes should fly to you with compensatory gifts (of the 50ml sort).
    On a far less lofty note … Seriously—the house is in ruins of dust and furf shed by bird, cat, dog, daughter, husband, et moi.

Starting repeatable December with Bigarade Concentree.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Trying out Dead Sexy by Tokyomilk today. Vanilla and orchid, not a new pairing but I like it. Slightly sweeter than Vaniglia del Madagascar, and much less $$$.
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

Bois des Iles parfum.

Take care, everyone. Happy December.

The creamy woody goodness of Chanel Bois des Iles edt today. It's cold & snow is falling, albeit very lightly. Pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Minou2 View Post
    Bois des Iles parfum.

Take care, everyone. Happy December.
    Jinx

I have a little vial of the BdI parfum...it truly is liquid gold.

Quote Originally Posted by 3xasif View Post
    Jinx

I have a little vial of the BdI parfum...it truly is liquid gold.

Great minds think alike!

Tubereuse Criminelle today for me.

Basenotes Institution

Opium Pour Homme EdP by Yves St. Laurent

I garnered a compliment at Starbucks this morning from the girl behind the counter. Wow, this stuff is potent!
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Gosh, the weather knew it was December today! I am wearing Malle's l'Eau d'Hiver, perfect on this icy grey day.

Cuir de Lancome.

We definitely be seem to having more than our share of ills this year. maybe we can get this last month behind all of us and have a less tumultuous 2010.
    I can't wait until the 13th to meet debbbora the Neil Morris event is gonna be fun.

Wearing a new one for me.

XerJoff Kobe

The word Kobe signifies excellence when it applies to ultra-luxury beef and it is the name of a 2009 release from ultra-luxury perfume House XerJoff. XerJoff is a realtively new fragrance purveyor, established in 2003, working at the high price end of the fragrance street. They are offering fragrances made of high quality ingredients in beautiful objet d'art bottles. I received generous samples of all the masculine fragrances from XerJoff and definitely feel the quality of the ingredients is felt in their compositions.

Kobe is the limited edition fragrance for men from the Shooting Stars series. It is not named after the area in Japan where the beef comes from nor is it named after the LA Laker basketball player. Instead, as are all of the Shooting Star fragrances, it is named after one of the mountains where the metorites, that adorn the bottles, landed in Siberia in 1947.

Kobe begins with a rich long-lasting citrus accord of bergamot and orange. For a citrus accord this is unusually strong and unusually long lasting. I am guessing this is due to having unusually high amounts of the oils used for these notes in Kobe. The heart of Kobe is a surprisingly good mix of petit grain and oud. The petit grain is a different version of the orange as it simultaneously keeps the citrus nature but also adds a sweet woody aspect. This is an appropriate foil for oud and its more medicinal aspects. The two work togther to make a nice long lived heart to Kobe. The base picks up on the woods and adds a rich balsam along with a delicate rosewood. The balsam is a deep near-camphorous accord and it is a good choice especially with the oud still lingering into the base. Rosewood nearly gets overwhelmed but very late in the development it is able to assert itself and adds a lovely grace note at the end of things.

Kobe has outstanding longevity but modest sillage.

Whether its beef or basketball there is another field for which the name Kobe signifies something pretty good.

Have a Tintinnabulating Tuesday everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post

I'm joining Chaya in a "group hug" for RHM, Soirdelune, and others finding themselves in need of a squeeze!
    Me too, me too!!! And adding Chaya to the hug-ees while I'm at it.

I'm smelling GOOOOOOD in Donna Karan Black Cashmere today. Really hits the spot...
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

I am snuggling in L'Air du Desert Marocain, perfect for this brass monkey weather.

And retesting B by Boucheron, as I may be swapping for a whole bottle!
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Joining the group hug in Parfum Sacré (needed something snuggly for the huggage ).

During the day I wore CdG Ouarzazate.

Blog Entries

Guerlain - Apres L'Ondee

(After the Shower) Created by Jacques Guerlain; a fresh white flower floral-oriental
    Top notes: bergamot and aniseed
    Heart notes: violet, heliotrope and hawthorn
    Base notes: orris, musk, ambretta seeds
    Last edited by kumquat; 1st December 2009 at 06:22 PM.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

You're full of good ideas today, k! Pretty—“After the heavy rain.”
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Kumquat - such a striking picture...very vivid...I feel like running home to try my sample of Apres L'Ondee once again to see if I sense "violet" or ... ?

Happy December to all of you. Here's hoping we shake all our ailments & have a good month ahead of us in this sometimes-stressful time of year...

Big hugs from me...

SOTD: Chanel No. 19
    (again)

Nuit de Noel

Happy December!

Last edited by Sunnyfunny; 1st December 2009 at 07:15 PM.

Not snowing here yet, but it is the last warm day this year, they said. Overcast tomorrow and flurries on Thursday, or whatever. I bumped the old Rose de Jacques thread up because them roses have been on the journey for 6 months today. How about that?

Bwah dez Eel, you said? Always for a few drops of it, will put some on tonight.

Miss Tao, tell us more: where did you stay? What did people smell of? What did you eat? etc.

Sounds like you are planning a fun weekend, Boston MA gang and guests! Full report?
    Last edited by Twolf; 1st December 2009 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Miss Tao, tell us more: where did you stay? What did people smell of? What did you eat? etc.
    I'd like to hear more about that, too! Did you find your SotD at Bermudan perfumery? Did you visit it? Spill, girl!
    Last edited by lilybelle; 1st December 2009 at 07:36 PM.

Sampling Nanadebary Green - Notes: citron, bergamot, basil, cardamom, thyme, musk, vetiver.

This is one of those fragrances that the bottle is so tacky looking I would never buy it. It's actually very nice for a fresh green scent. So many out there that are similar, but if this is your type, I would definitely suggest trying it.

Egoiste (Chanel)

SMN Ginestra. I need something sharp today

SL Cuir Mauresque today. So smooth and lovely.

Things have been unusually busy these past few days. Wore Moroccan Mint Tea after work on Sunday morning and it was uplitfting, refreshing and festive. Yesterday, I got my hair cut (finally!) and enjoyed something surprisingly different and cozy: Tokyo Milk Cherry Bomb. I've never tried that range before and thought this one was quite nice and soooooooooooooo inexpensive! Today, I started my day in Bois d'Armenie and am now testing Dioressence (so not me) and Parure (not me even more). Think I'll spritz on some Micallef Note Poudree for good measure.

I need to prepare little decants for our beachy holiday. We're going to Mexico for a week! I can't wait! I'll need some Lilly Pulitzer Beachy for sure, but I can't seem to locate my Squeeze sample. I'll definitely need a decant of that. Why is this range not sold here?
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

I am very much appreciating today's group hug. (((((Everyone)))))

Thanks one and all for your thoughts.

Chaya, feel better, and tell me - how does Aimez-Moi smell? I've seen some really good prices for that of late, and was wondering if it is a goodie.

6 hours' lecturing for me on Tuesdays, so I plumped for Bandit on this frosty morning. Was still smelling fine some TWELVE hours later!!!
    Last edited by soirdelune; 1st December 2009 at 10:20 PM.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Basenotes Plus

I got a a lovely call from chaya this morning. That was so sweet. Thank you, honey!
    And.. I got a call from my husband too.
    We are going to celebrate our anniversary when we see each other over Christmas. We'll have a lot to celebrate. Our daughter got all A's on her first report card in middle school and made the "Superintendent's List". Her GPA is 4.04 and she worked for every point! We are so proud of her.

Bella Serafina is getting bigger and is quite playful. She knows we hide her teaser under the pillows, so she gets it out & drags it under the bed. My sister brought her a bunch of toys. The 5 little mice are gone. Literally. We don't know where they went in this room. The little balls with the bells inside keep disappearing too. The kitten is a magician.

We found out that my mom needs major dental surgery before she has a stroke from the infection. Cost......$7,340.
    Watch for my sales thread. Oy Vey!

Wearing Andy Tauer's Incense Extreme from a dear Santa.

Thank you so very, very much for the group hug. I appreciate it so much!
    Last edited by RHM; 1st December 2009 at 10:07 PM.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely for me today - this is fast becoming a favourite as i have already worked my way through a third of my 30ml bottle. It settles so well on my skin and it's perfect for low-key occassions
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    We found out that my mom needs major dental surgery before she has a stroke from the infection. Cost......$7,340.
    Eye-yie-yie! Further proof that life isn't fair.

Hello from Haunani, jumping in to join the group hug. I seem to be getting over this bug, whatever it is. Got some work and some online shopping done today from home. SotD is the comforting Pacifica Tibetan Mountain Temple body butter. Gingerbread with a touch of incense and vetiver...mmm mmm mmm.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: SotD Tuesday 1 December

Encre Noire.

Hugs for Chaya, RHM, Soirdelune, lilybelle, and anybody else feeling hug-deficient.

Wore Black Aoud today (thanks to a charming, elfin BNer) for a long but productive day at work. Have a wonderful evening/night/early Wednesday morning, all.

Armani Attitude
    Gary

happy is the bleu heart<3

I'm wearing Etro Ambra today. It's almost like wearing a hug, so soft and warm.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Blog Entries

Hi all, with extra get-rich-quick vibes to RHM...

Today I wore Honoré de Prés Honoré's Trip.

Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Bvlgari Black. It remains Bvlgari Black. I need to seriously consider a bottle.

Joining the group hug!

Today I wore La Petite Robe Noire. DH liked it.
    Evenstar

Quote Originally Posted by Minou2 View Post
    Great minds think alike!
    Double jinx, then! I swear I did not read the thread and simply picked because of my mood...Bois des Iles parfum. The sandalwood base was going strong 12 hours later. This is a true sister to Egoiste, lol

SotN is Shalimar EDP.

Joining in with everyone else for a HUGE group (((((HUG)))). I do hope this month will bring relief from all the: stresses, ailments, sadness, inertia, aches, pains and general overall crappy stuff that affects day-to-day life.

RHM, congrats to Sofie, what a smarty she is and good luck with dental surgery for mama...oy vey is right.

Chaya lovey, you need to take it easy, you really do. I am tingling with delight knowing i will be seeing you soon and meeting debbbora also;not to mention seeing the rest of the group.

Today i wore DK Cashmere Mist and spent the better part of the day wondering why, thank goodness it was just a sample; it was just too much on me, this from the woman who douses herself in Azurée
    Once that wore off, i put on a touch of Songes Annick Goutal, very little though; my sample is running out, it is so delicious though.
    Now for the evening and going to sleep i have on some Ivoire de Balmain, which is ever so yummy.

Hope everyone has pleasant dreams, love and hugs.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source