Code of Conduct

Default Dior Homme/Dior Homme Intense - Guerlain Homme/Guerlain Homme Intense - Terre d'Herme

What do you prefer?

1. Dior Homme or Dior Homme Intense
    2. Guerlain Homme or Guerlain Homme Intense
    3. Terre d'Hermes or Terre d'Hermes Parfum?

Please explain your decision

Default Re: Dior Homme/Dior Homme Intense - Guerlain Homme/Guerlain Homme Intense - Terre d'H

Terre D'Hermes edt

Dior's fake iris just smells like a girl with pock marks who uses too much foundation.....big turn off.
    Guerlain Homme in both concentrations is just a massive driving of the guerlain bus into a ditch.
    Terre D'Hermes EDT is really incredible layered with either D'Orange Verte scent, and occasioanlly is great on it's own in several weathers.

Default Re: Dior Homme/Dior Homme Intense - Guerlain Homme/Guerlain Homme Intense - Terre d'H

1. Dior Homme. Intense isnt as wearable, far too sweet / cloying for day wear. Good for a dinner suit or dressing well on a cool winters night.
    2. Havent tried Intense so cannot comment, however the original was like a lame version of YSL's Live Jazz.
    3. Money wise - the Edt. If I had money to burn I'd consider the Parfum, but with 100mls of the EdT I don't see a point when they smell the same.
    Last edited by Anthony87; 1st December 2009 at 08:03 AM.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

The latter in the first two, I think Terre D'Hermes parfum wears too close to the skin.
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

Dior Homme Intense is a fantastic Club or evening fragrance, but If your like me and live in a
    freezing cold Country then it makes an amazing Winter fragrance.

I tested terre d'hermes several times both EDT and Pure but I just could not justify buying the
    Pure perfume as the EDT lasts forever anyways and pritty much smell alike probably 5%
    difference.

I'd go with terre d'hermes

Dior Homme Intese my love ..

havent tried dior homme and intense, and probably wont

guerlain homme is ok but the intense version is really good imo

and out of those TdH Parfum is my fav
    Last edited by Young Dro; 1st December 2009 at 01:14 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Dior Homme and Terre d'Hermes edt. I find nothing wrong with their overall balance and structure, as long as I don't overspray. Easier to overkill with the Intense or Parfum version imho.

Neither Guerlain Homme nor the Intense version. They're just not Guerlain enough for me (Guerlain picked the wrong man; they shd have poached Jacques Polge, Dominique Ropion or maybe Maurice Roucel).
    Last edited by Diamondflame; 1st December 2009 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Terre D'Hermes edt

Dior's fake iris just smells like a girl with pock marks who uses too much foundation.....big turn off.
    Guerlain Homme in both concentrations is just a massive driving of the guerlain bus into a ditch.
    Terre D'Hermes EDT is really incredible layered with either D'Orange Verte scent, and occasioanlly is great on it's own in several weathers.
    Wow... Were the pock mark comments necessary.. Geez. Could have just said a girl who wears too much foundation. But, anyway... Were you saying the girl who wears too much make up is a turn off or the iris?

DeepSilence

Default Re: Dior Homme/Dior Homme Intense - Guerlain Homme/Guerlain Homme Intense - Terre d'Herme

Intense of everything is better !!

Default Re: Dior Homme/Dior Homme Intense - Guerlain Homme/Guerlain Homme Intense - Terre d'Herme

Dior Homme Intense for me! Guerlain Homme/Intense isn't bad, but nothing great. Terre d'Hermes isn't bad either, but nothing spectacular. Very well made though. Dior Homme is pretty good too, but Dior Homme Intense wins because of the fact that it's more gourmand.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

1- Dior NEITHER it's crap
    2- Guerlain: BOTH have their place
    3- TdH edp because it's deeper

1. Love both Diors. Homme for the day, Intense for the night.
    2. Guerlain Homme is a good summer day scent. Haven't tried the intense version. Been looking for it, haven't found it yet.
    3. Not a big fan of TdH. I own it - it was a gift - but don't really care for it. Just doesn't appeal to me.

Dior Homme Intense & Guerlian Intense of course! Why half step?
    To be successful, you must smell successful! THATSMR2USIR

Dior Homme Cologne actually... Don't like Guerlain Homme anymore and seriously detest TdH.