Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 99Perfume?

Default Perfumeoutlet.net & 99perfume.com

Hi guys,

I was looking for Birberry Brit Sheer and found out these 2 websites, perfumeoutlet.net and 99perfume.com. Have anyone bought from them and are they authentic?

Btw, I've also seen Burberry Brit Sheer on scentiments.com, they have 1.7oz but the image is Burberry Brit, should I give it a try?

Thanks a bunch.

Default Re: Perfumeoutlet.net & 99perfume.com

Hi and welcome to Basenotes!

This thread may help you get started:

http://community.basenotes.net/showt...ight=99perfume

Also, check out the non-country-specific postings on the City Shopping Guide forum.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

I would recommend Scentiments, but since they are showing a different picture, you might want to call to make sure it's the one you want. Many of us shop there. Other places I like are imaginationperfumery, parfum1, fragrancenet also gets good reviews and they often have discount codes going. Someone said scentiments has a 5% discount going right now, I'm not sure what the code is, but if I see it, I'll post.
    Last edited by beachroses; 9th December 2007 at 03:50 PM.

Thanks so much, TwoRoads and beachroses. I did not know there were non-country-specific postings on the City Shopping Guide forum because of the long list of countries, silly me!

Default 99perfume.com ? Any comments?

I wish to buy something from this website...

I was wondering if any members here have bought from them before and/or what have been their experience dealing with them.

Any help will be great.

Thanks

gupts

Default Re: 99perfume.com ? Any comments?

there was another thread about these guys recently. I can't be bothered to dig it up right now but in summary - this is a good company and comes with recommendations from me and others.
    Last edited by hirch_duckfinder; 29th January 2008 at 01:25 PM.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

I've dealt with them multiple times. Recommended. There are other sites with better prices though - Scentmonkey.com, BigDiscount.com

I have also bought from them with no problems...
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Blog Entries

:wave: Mattybumpkin (we are neighbors)

I've never had a problem with them either.
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

They are great. Shipped to me in Sweden in less than 10 days, and I finally had the chance to get a hold of a few scents I had been looking for a long while.
    "- Harry, I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange."

Sur la Plage

I have never had a problem with them.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Angry Abusive response from 99perfume .com!

Hi y'all

I live in the UK, but sometimes buy fragrances from the US.

I saw something I am looking for at 99perfume(.com) at a reasonable price; however their international shipping rates are very expensive compared to other companies I have used, which means that it simply is not worth my while to buy from them.

So - I sent a brief, polite email, asking if they might consider revising their rates, & suggesting that this might increase their international custom.

I got an email back which was extremely rude & nasty.

It was unsigned, but ended "Why are you wasting both of our time"?

How horrible & uneccessary is that?!

I feel rather upset, & find it rather wierd! (I was only giving feedback, which they can do with as they wish. There is nothing personal about it).

I don't know what kind of experience others have had with this company.

Needless to say I would not now touch them with a bargepole even if their shipping was free

Default Re: Abusive response from 99perfume .com!

I ordered some Guerlain Heritage early Wednesday morning, way before noon. They charged my card immediately, but no tracking info showed up on their site. I finally got an email Monday saying it had shipped. I know Thursday was a holiday, but according to their site they should have shipped Wednesday because I ordered before noon. Oh well, it ended up OK but it sounds like their service leaves much to be desired.
    Trying to make the world a better place, one sniff at a time

Sorry to hear that. They sound like assholes.

Wow, that's awful. Thank you for posting about it, though.

...another company to stay away from...

I had negative experiences with them also.

I purchased fragrances from them on 3 different occasions, always ordering a 1.7 oz. product. Each time, my credit card was charged right away, then I would receive a phone call from them (I gave them my cellular # when ordering) and they would say the 1.7 oz. was out of stock. BUT if I would just pay the difference of $__, they would ship me the next largest size. Keep in mind their website stated the 1.7 oz. bottles were IN stock.

I decided it was a ruse to get people to spend more, so I don't use them anymore.

I don't know how they manage it, but almost any search for a hard to find fragrance turns up their website or their sister websites, like Perfumecountry. In most cases, after ordering or upon further inquiry, one finds the hard to find fragrance one has ordered is "out of stock", but, of course, they then knew this all along and they have achieved their goal of having you visit their website.

The first time I ordered fragrances from Perfumecountry, six in all, every single one of them, I was informed
    once they began processing my order, was out of stock. It took them days to credit back my credit card. There's another gimmick that I noticed with the Perfumecountry website. There are some sites that offer a 10% coupon for Pefumecountry, but when you click on the link to take you to the site, the prices are actually higher than if you visit the site yourself so that the 10% discount is essentially invalidated. I am pretty sure about this; although, I can't remember how I discovered this or which websites offer this 10% coupon. I should have made more than a mental note to myself. If I come across this again, I will be sure to post about it.

I have now given up on both sites after a number of out of stock debacles and their complete indifference to sending me the wrong bottle even after I had emailed them about the bottle I was specifically after, which they assured me I would receive.

I would advise that no one shop with them or that they exercise extreme caution if they do. They seem to have a very disrespectful, antagonistic, and dismissive attitude towards their customers. I have never found their prices competitive; I have always found their hard to find bottles are out of stock. In the way they operate, they remind me very much of 1stperfume.

scentemental
    Last edited by scentemental; 3rd December 2009 at 04:19 AM.

Sorry, this is an accidental double post.
    Last edited by scentemental; 3rd December 2009 at 02:36 AM.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the information. I've never used them but had them in a favorites folder for discounters. I just deleted them.

I've noticed in the past that price differences between sellers are often more than offset by the shipping and HANDLING charges.

Search the forums for past threads and I think you'll find quite a bit on these guys. They don't have a good reputation. The nasty email messages are evidently SOP for them as well.

Will definitely avoid that site altogether now. Thanks for the heads up guys.
    Sales thread here

Quote Originally Posted by scentemental View Post
    In the way they operate, they remind me very much of Parfum1.

scentemental
    Do you mean 1stperfume, maybe? I've never heard any bad reviews of Parfum1. I've purchased from them 6 or 7 times and never any problems.

That sucks, I hope you move past their rudeness and find happiness elsewhere!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Lightbulb Re: Abusive response from 99perfume .com!

Okay...why don't we teach these @$$holes a lesson. Don't just delete them...let them know that there is a whole perfume community out there that does share information...and that as far as the people on this thread are concerned they are blacklisted. Send them an e-mail that gives a clear message that when you "F" with a customer it will come back to bite you!
    Mapping the memory one scent at a time

Quote Originally Posted by jwpianoboe View Post
    Do you mean 1stperfume, maybe? I've never heard any bad reviews of Parfum1. I've purchased from them 6 or 7 times and never any problems.
    I, too, have had nothing but good experiences ordering from parfum1. Perhaps I've just been lucky. They appear to offer fairly good prices and frequently discount with promotions. 1stperfume is a known poor performer among most Basenoters, but until scentemental mentioned parfum1, I hadn't seen negatives on them. I hope scentemental will elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by jwpianoboe View Post

Quote Originally Posted by TricsMan View Post
    I, too, have had nothing but good experiences ordering from parfum1. Perhaps I've just been lucky. They appear to offer fairly good prices and frequently discount with promotions. 1stperfume is a known poor performer among most Basenoters, but until scentemental mentioned parfum1, I hadn't seen negatives on them. I hope scentemental will elaborate.
    Yes I do mean 1stperfume and NOT Parfum1. Thanks for noticing and pointing my error out jwpianoboe andTricsMan. I have corrected my initial post.

scentemental

Last edited by scentemental; 3rd December 2009 at 04:24 AM.

Basenotes Institution

Thanks for sharing this terrible bit of customer service. I willl never use 99 perfume now .Besides there are so many good discounters online - 99perfume may as well just go away . No one needs abuse like that especially a paying customer .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by laral28 View Post
    Okay...why don't we teach these @$$holes a lesson. Don't just delete them...let them know that there is a whole perfume community out there that does share information...and that as far as the people on this thread are concerned they are blacklisted. Send them an e-mail that gives a clear message that when you "F" with a customer it will come back to bite you!
    laral28, here, here!

I recall that none other than Neiman-Marcus was sent a BN thread and the patron given immediate service to rectify the situation.

In the age of the Internet, companies must bow to the power of public opinion. I recall one singer/celebrity who had an enormous fansite which received gazillions of hits from many fans. The woman supposedly espoused an anti-fur campaign, then appeared in a magazine fashion spread wearing an animal fur coat. Bad, bad move, esp. when she was unapologetic about it. The fansite admin, an animal lover, took down the entire site with a short message on the woman supporting the cruel fur industry. All of the millions of fans using search engines for the celebrity saw the message. MAJOR PR disaster!! Don't screw with one's fans...or customers. Period.
    Last edited by Primrose; 3rd December 2009 at 05:16 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Wow thanks guys.

This is all very interesting.

@ECaruthers - your capitalisation of HANDLING charges made me laugh! Taxes & reasonable postage costs are fair enough - but sometimes ridiculous rip-off "HANDLING" charges are slapped on. What does this HANDLING entail?
    Gently caressing the parcel for an hour?

If I am thinking of ordering from a new company, I generally have a look in the "BIG list of online retailers" thread.

Maybe we could use a sticky for such companies - "Avoid these dodgy A***holes" ?

I hope that through a process of evolution (customer selection) nasty retailers like 99perfume will fizzle out.

Life is too short to be nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosamundi View Post
    Wow thanks guys.

This is all very interesting.

@ECaruthers - your capitalisation of HANDLING charges made me laugh! Taxes & reasonable postage costs are fair enough - but sometimes ridiculous rip-off "HANDLING" charges are slapped on. What does this HANDLING entail?
    Gently caressing the parcel for an hour?

If I am thinking of ordering from a new company, I generally have a look in the "BIG list of online retailers" thread.

Maybe we could use a sticky for such companies - "Avoid these dodgy A***holes" ?

I hope that through a process of evolution (customer selection) nasty retailers like 99perfume will fizzle out.

Life is too short to be nasty.
    Handling charges: To be fair, there's packaging material and packing time involved. Then for a small company, time spent queuing up at the post office to send it (and in some US post offices, the queue can be considerable).

As a BNer selling something to each other, I probably will waive this "handling cost". But if I were running a mail order perfume business, I will factor that into my cost.
    Q: How do you make a feminine fragrance masculine?
    A: Add 'Pour Homme' to the bottle
    - Pierre Bourdon

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Hi y'all

I saw something I am looking for at 99perfume(.com) at a reasonable price; however their international shipping rates are very expensive compared to other companies I have used, which means that it simply is not worth my while to buy from them.

So - I sent a brief, polite email, asking if they might consider revising their rates, & suggesting that this might increase their international custom.

I feel rather upset, & find it rather wierd! (I was only giving feedback, which they can do with as they wish. There is nothing personal about it).

Needless to say I would not now touch them with a bargepole even if their shipping was free

Copy and send the thread to 99perfume.com in text form, not just the link. Make sure they know how you feel about how you were treated, and that you have exposed those feelings to hundreds of hardcore online fragrance buyers. Screw bad service and nasty online companies. Make noise.
    Last edited by kbe; 3rd December 2009 at 08:59 PM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

@ GourmandHomme,

Most companies that I know use "Postage" "Delivery" or "P&P" to mean the charge for postage & packaging etc... etc...

It is pretty clear to anyone who orders stuff domestically or overseas on a regular basis what a realistic & fair charge for this looks like.

Very occasionally extortionate "Handling" charges are slapped on top of this at point of delivery (in addition to any taxes charged). It amounts to a ransom on one's goods.

I think it is a rip off.

Dependent

Hi y'all

If that is how they responded, they do NOT deserve your business.

The short-hand abbreviation of shipping charges varies from country to country i've noticed, but they all means the same thing.

P&P (British) - Packaging and postage
    S&H (US) - Shipping and handling
    Gas = Petrol
    Cigarette = Fag
    Parking lot = Car Park
    Potato chips = Crisps
    French Fries = Chips
    etc etc

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GourmandHomme View Post

As a BNer selling something to each other, I probably will waive this "handling cost". But if I were running a mail order perfume business, I will factor that into my cost.
    The inclusion of 'handling charges' into the original price for an item is certainly OK. It is up front and obvious. To not do that and add it at a later point in the sales process is at least questionable. It would appear to be an attempt to hook the buyer into a "oh what the heck..I have gone this far so I will just buy it anyway" frame of mind. Online discount stores that discount items to any extent and then in effect reap additional profit beyond excess shipping charges (which are usually more than the actual postage/carrier charges paid by the buyer) are hoping the buyer isn't savvy enough to realize the total costs to be not a good deal and then quit the purchase before committing.
    Last edited by kbe; 4th December 2009 at 06:25 PM.

That is a quite a few bad experiences listed there.
    I haven't bought from 99 perfume for a couple of years but about 2-3 years ago i ordered several times and actually had noticably good customer service. They made an international call to clear up a question about my order, and were very helpful.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

reviews

To all loyal Basenotes Community members and valued 99Perfume.com customers who view this thread:

On behalf of the entire team of 99Perfume.com, we would like to offer our sincere apologies to Mr. Rosamundi as well as anyone else who might have taken offense in regards to the email exchange with Mr. Rosamundi.

We are now aware of the email exchange that occurred between Mr. Rosamundi and a temporary employee that we had hired to meet the demands of our holiday rush and increased volume of business during the season. We work hard to ensure that your shopping experience is completely satisfying and enjoyable, which is why extra help was hired to assure that all emails are answered in less than 24 hr timeslots. Along with great selection and prices, our number one concern is offering superior customer service and our staff is here to serve you. Disrespect to the public and unprofessional behavior is not tolerated in our company and not reflective of our code of ethics and normal business practice. The temporary worker that was involved during this email exchange has been sternly reprimanded and released from all duties involving direct customer contacts until after the holiday season when the employment contract expires.

We are aware that some consumers may evaluate our shipping fees to be expensive, particularly if one is comparing our fees to others. We value and appreciate our loyal international customers and we are genuinely empathetic to the cost involved of insured delivery, which is the primary reason for elevated shipping rates. Our international shipping fees are all inclusive of surcharges, customs, duties, and VATs (international taxes), unlike our competitors that dully note under the fine print that the customer might pay the importation duties and taxes. Fifty percent of our international shipping fees are comprised of these prepaid costs.

Our customers can always be confident of their orders arriving undamaged, worldwide, in approximately 7-10 business days from the time their order is processed. Other companies advertising less expensive rates, advise their customers of 3-4 weeks to anticipate delivery of their package without any tracking details, whereas our packages are tracked from the day they are shipped out of our facility.

While not the best of circumstances, we appreciate the opportunity given to clarify any questions and issues regarding our international shipping fees and business practices. We are often asked why there is such a difference in pricing compared to our competitors shipping fees. We hope that this has provided some insight and explanation to the shipping fees that we pay due to proper declaration of the hazmat goods along with the duties and taxes that are charged by the local government in your designated countries.

Our company has been in existence since 1995 and has served hundreds of thousands of customers to date. We try our best to give the most optimal service we can to all our customers, however on occasion, we all make mistakes as we are all humans. We will however always keep trying in improving ourselves to offer superior service, extensive variety of products, and better pricing.

We truly appreciate our loyal and prospective customers, both domestic and international and simply ask that you give us another chance. Finding good customer service with integrity is hard to get these days, which is why we take pride in treating others in the same manner as which we would like to be treated--with dignity and respect. We truly apologize for this isolated incident in which those standards fell short of our intentions and one's reasonable expectations.

As an extension of our apology, we would like to offer an exclusive 15% Off Coupon to all Basenotes viewers from 99Perfume.com with coupon code: BASE15 , which will expire on December 31, 2009. The discount is intended to offset a portion of the international shipping fees for your holiday gifts and as usual all orders are guaranteed before the holidays, observing all shipping deadlines. Kindly enter the coupon code: BASE15 in the discount code field of the secured online order form.

Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience/misunderstandings we might have caused and hope that we can be given another chance to make amends.

Thank you,
    Sincerely,

Nick Kakar
    President
    EPI Enterprises, LLC
    99Perfume.com
    Last edited by Nick K; 4th December 2009 at 04:16 PM.

Glad to see that it's rectified! Thanks for the clarification

Whilst it is nice to get an apology, I would suggest that the large number of bad experiences stated above show that this is far from an isolated incident.

On the subject of shipping expenses - a flat rate is charged for international deliveries.
    This can hardly reflect the differing taxes that would be incurred depending on the value of the fragrance.
    The item that I was looking at was below the tax threshold in value; therefore no tax would have been due on it, yet the same charges would still have applied.

It seems rather disingenuous to say that most companies offering more reasonable rates for delivery do so because they are dishonest in filling out the customs labels. This may be the case on occassion - however it is not my experience - & it's quite an accusation.

Based on the feedback of my fellow basenoters & my own unpleasant experience, I will still be avoiding this company.

Dear Rosamundi,

While nobody can force anyone to do anything they do not desire, that was not the reason to our reply. Our reply was simply to clear the misconception about our international shipping rates. All fragrances are considered hazardous according to the department of transportation and every hazardous material incurs a very high charge in order to be shipped out Air (express) to any country outside of US and Canada regardless of size.

Department of Transportation acts the same for all carriers and all companies, there are absolutely no exceptions to this rule. Every US company has to pay a Value added tax on goods along with other customs charges they are officially "selling" to consumers in other countries and there are no exceptions here either.

If you really need more information on how our industry is supposed to ship out goods, please visit: http://www.dot.gov.

Our shipping charges are not different for every item as we carry over 12,000 designer fragrances, it would be close to impossible for us to give customers that many individual shipping options. Our shipping rates are based on average that we pay for every package that we ship internationally. Please do keep in mind, we ship our packages in express by air, therefore our delivery times are also much faster and you do not have to wait 3-4 weeks in order to receive your goods.

While I cannot address every other issue in this forum, I would still like them to be addressed. Please visit our website and fill the contact us forum at http://www.99perfume.com/pages/cservice/contactForm.htm and I will personally make sure they are addressed.

Being in the business for over 14 years, we are not trying to loose customers, but to gain them. We are not blaming anyone for how they do their business, we are just trying to do ours.

Thank you,

Nick Kakar
    99Perfume
    President
    Last edited by Nick K; 4th December 2009 at 04:17 PM.

As an apology and straightforward approach which sounds sicere and rings true, that works for me. I have never had a bad expeience with this company though..

reviews

I've never placed an order with this company in over 100 bottles I've purchased online due to the bad press I've seen on this board.
    Based on thier response in this thread I placed an (domestic) order and I'll report back how it goes.
    Last edited by PorkFat; 4th December 2009 at 08:16 PM.

Blog Entries

Wow, that's good response. %15 off? Very nice & taking the time to write shows real class. I'm impressed.

That response works for me. At least they are trying to please the customer!
    Trying to make the world a better place, one sniff at a time

It's admirable that the president of 99perfume.com took the time to enter this thread and leave a detailed response and apology. Or maybe it's communications/marketing department on behalf of the president...either way it is a nice gesture from the company. I think that speaks more about the company than one bad apple answering emails poorly. Some people just aren't meant to be in outward-facing roles.

While I do admire the gesture, I still wonder about the volume of bad experiences posted here.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 4th December 2009 at 08:14 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I'm not so convinced that this apology shows "real class" so much as a desire not to loose custom.

For a few reasons I would be surprised if whoever wrote the offensive email to me was a temporary employee.
    Among these are that they went into some detail about shipping charges, profits etc... & were clearly informed about the company, coming across as someone in a position of some authority (as well as being overwheening, patronising & unpleasant). The email was not signed, & so I will never know.

It also seems from what others have posted above, that rudeness & what scentimental describes as a "disrespectful, antagonistic & dissmissive attitude towards their customers" (scentimental - I really get that feeling too; & it was not nice), is a reccuring event, & within the culture of the company, rather than having been an isolated event.

I am aware of shipping regs. & so forth.

99perfume can decide how they wish to charge for postage etc...

There are other companies who do things differently but without infringing any legislation.

And there are plenty enough decent, pleasant etailers out there.

For the time being I'm sure 99perfume will try to take care with Basenotes orders bearing the discount code, because they want our money & our custom.

I'd just advise folks to beware

& I'd suggest to Mr Kakar that if he truly wishes to address concerns expressed in this thread, that he could take the trouble to read back through it & address the issues raised.

@ LiveJazz

They may be quite a small company.

Who knows?

Well, I've just ordered some gifts at a very good price, despite the high shipping costs, and will report howe it goes.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Hmm, seems like all this time complaining--past the initial post--could have been spent shopping for perfumes on websites one does enjoy... :wave: (ducks and then runs quickly out of the room)

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cestrenee View Post
    Hmm, seems like all this time complaining--past the initial post--could have been spent shopping for perfumes on websites one does enjoy... :wave: (ducks and then runs quickly out of the room)
    Welcome to Basenotes 'cestrenee'. What a great first post..I wonder what your 99th will be about.
    Last edited by kbe; 4th December 2009 at 10:04 PM.

Aw, don't be too hard on me. I'm sorry for the experience Rosamundi had, even though the ridiculous, over the top response of the 99perfume employee is kind of funny (NOT what happened to Rosamundi). I just imagined some Borat character doling out perfume 'tude. Sometimes we have to learn, laugh at these things and move on.

I'd like to say thankyou to 99perfumes' Nick K for showing up on this thread, announcing who he is and trying to deal with the situation in an open manner. Many, many companies would sign up under a false name, and try and defend the company while claiming to be an unaffiliated party.

I've no previous experience with the company to comment on, but for that I say 'well done'.

Shipping is outrageous now depending on the distance, it cost me over $10 priority mail to CA from the East coast last week for one insured fragrance! It didn't even have delivery confirmation.

For the order I just placed, I payed $6 shipping and the 15% simply removed that shipping amount from a $33 fragrance. I've already received a UPS tracking number for my order and it will be here on the 10th. I wonder if by using that discount code, we identify who we are and will probably get priority processing until that coupon code expires. Get in while the gettin's good I guess. We'll see what happens when the fragrance comes in.

Their prices without the discount aren't very competitive. But like all places, their prices are low for some things and high for others, seemingly random.

Quote Originally Posted by beachroses View Post
    Shipping is outrageous now depending on the distance, it cost me over $10 priority mail to CA from the East coast last week for one insured fragrance! It didn't even have delivery confirmation.
    You gotta use the priority flatrate boxes or you get boned.

Dear Mr. Rosamundi,

I would love to address these issues here, however I would need to know whether the people who have issues do want to share their personal information on a public forum. I'm sorry, but that is not your call. I have addressed your issue as it didn't need me to look up anything on our system, but I would need theirs in order to let them know what happened specifically to their orders.

In general, without asking any personal information, I would like to say however that all perfume orders from 99Perfume are processed within 1 business day after you have placed the order. 99Perfume carries all fragrances in stock unlike other companies that tend to dropship items from other vendors, and therefore 99% of our packages are delivered before time and as promised.

All orders get processed within 1 business day and shipped out the next, however if UPS and Fedex are observing a holiday for Thanksgiving on Thursday and Friday, your order is bound to get shipped out on Monday. Our Ground orders are delivered in 5-7 business days and I can assure you that even counting the holiday time generally, your orders are all delivered within the given time frame.

All orders are only charged when we have the product in stock, and as you see at http://www.99perfume.com we mark all items as in stock or out of stock. Our system does not process orders for any items that are out of stock and the website does not let you move forward with purchasing an out of stock item. The only case that might have happened is we have our last piece left, which was marked damaged, but shown still in stock in the system. At this point a substitute is offered at a high discount or a full credit is given back to the customer. This only happens on a very rare occasion. We treat our customers the way we would like to be treated as customers anywhere else.

All out of stock items are marked out of stock in the website with a notify me link that asks you if you would like to be notified once the item is back in stock. Many of our customers love this feature on our website, which automatically sends an email to the customer once the item does come back in stock. We have created this industry standard for many perfume companies to follow and have this feature started on their websites as well.

I would need to get more details on the item prices being raised, as to my knowledge our 10% off coupons generally work as a standard coupon which deducts from your regular item price.

While I would love to be on this forum more often, I will not be able to communicate any more in this month as you may all very well know that we have to assure that all our perfume orders are processed and delivered on time for your holiday gifts.

I thank you all specially Mr. Rosamundi for giving us the chance to explain our issues and getting us in the spotline of basenotes.  Wish you all a very pleasant holiday.

Sincerely,

Nick Kakar
    99Perfume
    President
    Last edited by Nick K; 5th December 2009 at 02:40 PM.

I own two, and soon 3 online businesses. While Int'l shipping rates may seem high, I think sometimes folks don't understand the cost involved. Understand, please, I cannot ship anything overseas for under $22.50 with delivery confirmation which protects me should the customer not receive the item. This is for a product under 1 pound (US), anything, even a minute amount over 1 pound (most fragrance bottles) makes this jump to 2 pounds, as per every shippers policy, including US Mail. Making the shift from 1 to 2, or even three pounds, substatially increses cost. As I have experience setting up shipping modules to run my sites. It is next to impossible to cover every instance without losing money on a sale. For example, a buyer recently bought several inexpensive items (10) from one of my stores. Since shipping modules can only be set up under cost or weight (and with hundreds, even thousands of items, shipping by weight is impossible to set up without weighing the individual items) I had to eat the shipping weight of 4 pounds, because the total was under $100.00 and my module (any module) cannot be set up both ways)
    While 1st class Int'l can be used, it does not protect me if the item "gets lost", no matter the reason.
    Certainly, I do not think this business owner is answering emails with such vigor. We are in business to complete transactions, w/o losing money.
    With the global economy the way it is, and ebay competing for our business, it is damn hard to make a buck. When I order folks to handle my seasonal glut of orders, I can never actually control their messages, regardless the training. I promise you, this rep is not answering emails anymore, for just this reason.
    Pay for your items with paypal if available or a credit card to cover yourself. Also please unedrstand, we are not trying to 'gouge' customers for shipping. Neither can we give things away because folks think shipping should be more reasonable. I also buy most of my personal items and fragrances online. Perhaps, if you are willing to chance it, you could have a trusted member buy this item, and ship it to you w/o guaranteed delivery.
    I ask you to give this seller another chance. Offering a 15% discount is so close to margin, he may just break even, or write it off as doing good business.
    I hope this helps buyers to understand the business position. I understand both sides as I spend considerable money online. The email you got back is unacceptable to be certain, however, I do not think this is their standard practice given the response.

I will also try ordering from this seller and report back.
    Last edited by mi-hooked?; 5th December 2009 at 03:30 PM.
    ISO-WTB
    Sample or Partial
    Teo Cabanel-Alahine
    Bois D'Armenie
    Mark Buxton-Wood & Absinthe

My sales thread:

--Bruce Lee
    Jeet Kune Do -"Way of the intercepting fist"

My store- www.AtoZknives.com
    (Knives, sporting & Tactical products GALORE !!)
    Low price LEADER- FAST ship too!

Although I think it was a stand-up thing for Nick K to come online and try to rectify things, I'm still concerned about the experiences Scentemental had re: ordering hard to find scents from 99perfume only to get notified later that it was out of stock. I've had this happen before on other sites. I'm especially concerned because just a day before I saw this thread, I purchased a bottle of Davidoff (a dc'ed scent from 1984) from 99perfume, and I have to wonder if I'm going to get the same problem. Even if I get my money back, it's still infuriating. If this happens, I can assure you that I will report it here, and will never again purchase from this site.

I'm crossing my fingers.

I just took a look at my confirmation email for my order. It implies that my order has shipped, but does not actually say whether it has. When I go to their site to track the order, it says there is no information (the site does say it can take 24-48 hours for the info to go on the site). My confirming email lists my billing address, but there's a blank on the part that is supposed to contain my shipping address. We'll see what happens in the next 24 hours. I'm not feeling too good about this.

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    I just took a look at my confirmation email for my order. It implies that my order has shipped, but does not actually say whether it has. When I go to their site to track the order, it says there is no information (the site does say it can take 24-48 hours for the info to go on the site). My confirming email lists my billing address, but there's a blank on the part that is supposed to contain my shipping address. We'll see what happens in the next 24 hours. I'm not feeling too good about this.
    What are you so worried about, this site has been around forever, I've ordered (along with thousands and thousands of people) and had a good experience and you're worried? Are your billing and shipping addresses the same? Is this the first time you've ever ordered something off the internet (in regards to your concern about the delay in shipping information)? I swear half of the population on this forum is posting from a nursing home sometimes.
    Last edited by albumleaf; 6th December 2009 at 05:03 PM.