Code of Conduct

Default SotD Friday 4 December

Good morning!

SL Fourreau Noir for me

Have a fab Friday!
    Last edited by tigrushka; 4th December 2009 at 05:19 AM. Reason: fatal error aka sotd bug
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Friday 4 December

One of my favourite tuberose - Carnal Flower

Basenotes Institution

Oh Coconut is smelling very good !

Have a great day everyone !

I'm still in vintage Mitsouko extrait and EDT .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Friday 4 December

Jean - Louis Sieuzac ' s

OR BLACK

Pascal Morabito

Top Notes
    Bergamot, Pepper, Leather.

Middle Notes
    Sage, Benzoin, Cistus.

Base Notes
    Vetiver, Amber, Tonkinian Musk, Oakmoss.
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus

Have a job interview this morning (am pooing myself) so I thought I'd go for something calm and relaxing, so I'm wearing Eau de Verveine.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    Oh Coconut is smelling very good !
    Thanks mysticknot. Good luck to libertine!

Good luck, libertine!

I'm in Cacharel Loulou today.

I'm in LOVE'S TRUE BLUISH LIGHT perfume oil. Happy Friday everyone!

Blog Entries

GOOD LUCK LIBERTINE!!! Don't worry if you poo yourself, they'll just think you're wearing Jicky.

Early morning with a second to spare so I wanted to say hi to everybody!! I've been gifted an absolutely tantalizing bundle of goodies, ((HUGS Dianne!!)) and wearing my jaw-dropping new fav:

Cristalle Eau Vert
    Honeysuckle, Magnolia, Lemon, Bergamot, Neroli, Jasmine, White Flowers

Glory Be!! Light, sparkling, uplifting... its like I'm wearing Springtime!! I'm a sucker for 5 of the notes listed above, and a newly converted follower of the other 2.

On another note: Daniel rescued a kitten yesterday!! The little darling's been working her kitty-magic on him since, so he's keeping her, much to the dismay of the established cat.

Look how cute she is!!! Its making it much harder to stay away, knowing the next time I visit him, she'll be just as big as the other cat. Very sneaky of him.

OOPS!! Gotta go!! GOODLUCKANDHAVEAGREATDAYEVERYONE!!!!!
    <3 ... I'm blind crazy in love... <3

Libertine: Go get 'em!

Exquisitely me: a very cute kitty indeed!

I am wearing Sables, dry heat for a wet cough. Debating about whether or not to call in sick. I have so much work to do, but worry about exposing others to my bug. Hmmm.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Friday 4 December

Quote Originally Posted by Therese View Post
    Libertine: Go get 'em!

Exquisitely me: a very cute kitty indeed!

I am wearing Sables, dry heat for a wet cough. Debating about whether or not to call in sick. I have so much work to do, but worry about exposing others to my bug. Hmmm.

Oh Therese, Therese, i love Sables.....
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus

Good luck, Libertine!
    EM - what a precious kitty!
    Therese - I hope you feel better. At least you know you smell marvelous. I join you and Roberto in the Sables love.

Sotd is ETRO Etra. Love the combo of tangy/sharp notes (geranium, rosewood) with sweeter, richer ones (vanilla, sandalwood)

Happy Friday, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

7 degrees F on the thermometer last night, 12 this morning. A light dusting of snow outside. Yendi di Capucci for me today.

Have a nice Friday, thanks goodness!

The last Friday I will work in 2009, woo hoo. I go to four-day weeks or less until 2010.
    The weather has been positively crazy the last few days from wind driven downpour to temps near 70 to back into the 40's. I love New England Weather.

Wanted to wear one of my new Hermessences today and it felt like a vetiver day.

Hermes Hermessence Vetiver Tonka

I have really enjoyed the Hermessence line from Hermes as a concept and in the execution. Jean-Claude Ellena has done a wonderful job at exploring the interplay of some of perfumery's signature ingredients and making something fresh out of them. Case in point is one of the original Hermessence releases from 2004, Vetiver Tonka.

Vetiver has to be right up there with patchouli and sandalwood as one of the most used and versatile notes in the perfumer's toolbox. Vetiver can be used to add edge or a green feel but rarely does it come off smooth. In Vetiver Tonka, M. Ellena turns this sharp edged note into a thing of cashmere like softness and shows just how versatile a note vetiver can be.

The top of Vetiver Tonka begins with the vetiver feel most men are familiar with. In fact it opens almost identically to Guelrain Vetiver. Almost immediately that changes as M. Ellena chooses to blend two gourmand notes of roasted hazelnut and dried fruit. This has the effect of accentuating the natural nuttiness that vetiver has but too often gets lost when it is paired with more powerful notes. Here the feel comes off like smelling a nut roaster from a distance. The fruit accord could be jarring but it adds a little necessary sweetnes to keep this on the smooth side. The base is all tonka and its richness really brings the vetiver's suave and debonair side out. The now very intense vetiver is truly matched by the tonka making this comforting at the last.

Vetiver Tonka has average longevity and sillage on my skin. It is a typical light Ellena compsoition but it has a little more depth than most of his other works.

Vetiver Tonka is what happens when the most talented perfumers decide to look at the tried and true and make something bright and new, it can be eye-opening and wonderful and Vetiver Tonka is all that.

Have a Freaky Friday everyone.
    Last edited by Somerville Metro Man; 4th December 2009 at 11:02 AM.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Good morning!

I'm wearing Attrape-Coeur today.

Everyone have a great Friday.

It's Cedre for me today...loving it! (and the drydown is very much Feminité..)

Oh, Exquisitely..such a darling kitty! Looks just like the one I adopted some weeks ago!
    I'd love to fill up my house with kittys,dogs, perfumes and chocolates..hey..wouldn't that be a great idea??

Good morning all It's now 13.30 here and it's already about to get completely dark here... Will try to do some studying later. EM that is a gorgeous kitten! I wish we were allowed to keep pets where I live now! Libertine: GOOD LUCK!! Sotd is Angel.

I'm really a doggie person, but that kitty is CUTE! Good for Daniel! Exquisitely ~ maybe he'll name this sweet little striped fur ball after you???? At any rate, you smell good!

Labdanum 18 by Le Labo today, still on my Maurice Roucel kick. Not only do I regularly butcher the names of perfumes (and their creators), I just can't seem to get the word "labdanum" off my tongue without tripping! When a perfumes smells THIS fine, I guess it doesn't matter !

TGIF!

(races in) Hi y'all!

Gonna be back soon....promise.

Still wearing perfume, though I am having a hard time smelling it....after getting over the last virus, wound up with cold 2.0 Attack of the nose!

Wearing (but not smelling) Vanisia

Good luck Libertine! Cute kitty Daniel and EM!

Have a fantastic day everyone! (races out)
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Tom Ford Amber Absolute.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Guerlain Heritage Edt today following last night's Heritage Edp.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Libertine, best of luck in the interview. Be confident and show yourself!
    Thank you Daniel for rescuing the kitten!!

It's freezing here today, will be warming myself with DK Black Cashmere.

Hi all --

Lightning "in and out" posting for me today... Didn't get to wear my SoTE yesterday, so it's today's fragrance: Michael Storer Winter Star. I'd forgotten what a strange (and strangely compelling) scent this is... Not for every day, but definitely a keeper, especially around this time of year.

Winter Star notes: Karanal (woods+caramel), Peru balsam, Benzoin Siam, Tolu, Labdanum, Carnation, Lavender absolute, musks, Bergamot orange oil and Oakmoss absolute.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hdrcDDqRHk"]YouTube- The Monkey Song from the Jungle Book[/ame]

This kinda says what I'm hoping my lovely Therese will hear..
    And make her smile:0
    Knock 'em dead, Lib !

Good on you, Monsieur Daniel...kisses to lovebirds out there.

My ailing friends-
    Love you like Johnny Walker Blue, and cheese.

Wearing POTL's Luctor Et Emergo-
    For me, it is a very fey, wispy, playful veil [ even in parfum] of delicacy.

SMM- you " channeling Isaac" today ?
    That's all my Suave One wears...his 'griffe'.

Going to deepen this vibrant mop, and trim it, too.

Love to you peeplets.

Libertine, by now it's prolly all over - HOW'D IT GO???!!

And jess LOOKIT that li'l pusser...and doesn't she/he know she/he's got it made!!

And it's not even FEB and ya got single digits there in Wolf-land?? Oy yoi yoi. Must send dog-sleds with kegs of warming smellies.

Still determined to retain Bermuda in

Coral

{from the site)..."a sunny, watery and enveloping white floral scent. Clementine and ginger, freesia, tuberose, nectar of rose, orange blossom and hydrangea are warmed with subtle woods, black pepper and musk..."

All these Lili's I've tried so far have average sillage and last about four hours. In the EDT. Dunno about the EDPs.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Bvlgari Pour Homme!

Quote Originally Posted by exquisitely me View Post
    GOOD LUCK LIBERTINE!!! Don't worry if you poo yourself, they'll just think you're wearing Jicky.
    HaHa - funny!!

Hi everybody!

I'm wearing the original Calvin Klein for Women, yet another relic from the golden age of opulent floral chypres.

Chanel 19 edp
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Happy Friday all!

Le Temps d'Une Fete for me today...thanks again for this J!

Last edited by Dane; 4th December 2009 at 01:33 PM.

Hope the interview went well, Libertine! Another of us who didn't make the BN lunch, though I can't wait to hear all about it...

Hugs to all those laid low...

I am testing Michel Germain Sexual - now don't all laugh, please. It isn't half bad, as a matter of fact. The carnation note settles down quite quickly and it is smooth and creamy the rest of the way with just a hint of spice.

Mostly wearing my new Ebay purchase of Hugo Boss Deep Red. I have next to no time for most of the line, but this is a fine exception. Lightly fruity and clean, yet at the same time slinky and musky and a bit vanilla-y. This could work for day or night. I am rather impressed.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Good luck Libertine!!

Sofresh you smell yums.

VM, I used to work for "Michel Germain" aka Steve Bailey, a former electrician who thought a French name would help sales LOL. Have to admit I liked the perfume until I met him. He loves to underpay his staff- or not pay them at all. He would give all the SAs tester bottles if they promised to push his brand above others. Pretty commonplace behavior in the biz actually...but he was so slimy, none of the SAs took his free bottles!

YAY Friday!! *jumps for joy*

Today I'm wearing l'Artisan Parfumeur Santal. I HAVE to find a FB of this beauty. (thank you Santa!!!)
    Last edited by Jane Daly; 4th December 2009 at 02:39 PM.
    beauty guru & perfume whisperer
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

Unscripted - Patrick Dempsey
    Wishlist is pointless.

Blog Entries

i Profumi di Firenze-Tulipano Nero

The notes are a mystery.
    It has a deep dark sensuous spice,
    reminiscent of 'Opium'. Charming.

Basenotes Institution

Mon Precieux Nectar by Guerlain (from a sample)

Isn't it just wonderful stuff. Like slipping into a luxurious velvet robe all day - I feel quite decadent wearing something this sumptuous at the office. But that's the power of fragrance: the ability to transform normal and rather boring places into something celebratory - all via smell.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Intimately Beckham Men.

Have a brilliant weekend everyone!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Outclassing my neighborhood by wearing Sabi.

Good luck with the interview, Libertine. Good health wishes, Therese. Simply Live Long and Prosper, Everybody!

As long as we're talking Meows. Check out our bad boy Clay, he made it onto My Cat Hates You dot com: http://www.mycathatesyou.com/cats/2009/11/8

The caption he was given isn't that funny. I like the picture captioned: This is what a successful insanity plea looks like.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

What a fascinating inside story, 3xasif, about the man behind Michel Germain... And sorry to hear that sparks flew on the sales floor! There is something tacky about the name and presenation of this scent, but it smells pretty decent, and I don't even like carnation.
    Last edited by VM I hate civet; 4th December 2009 at 04:12 PM.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Miller Harris Le Petit Grain for me, though I can't smell it Missing the train to the basenotes meet and coming down with a cold - I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself at the moment. I hope everyone who made it had a brilliant time! I am going to console myself with a bottle or two of something lovely this weekend, as it would have cost £50 for a new train ticket. I might not have made the meet but I will have new perfume

I hope your interview went well Libertine. I wore Kingdom (by accicent) to an interview a few years back and got the job - hopefully EdV will do the trick for you, if it's a job you want.

Exqusitely Me, what a sweet life you have, with doughnuts and adopted kitties and the lovely Daniel. You have almost inspired me to try Cristalle Eau Verte again - I absolutely loved it the first time but never had the joy sinc.e.

It's nearly the weekend - Yay!

E-me, what a darling kitten!

Quarry, your cat is adorable. A. Dorable.

Something about today's weather is making me crave woody scents so I may be taking a trip to Timbuktu after my bath. Have a lovely Friday and take care, all.

Basenotes Plus

Thanks for all the good luck wishes! The interview was....interesting, have you ever been to an interview and decided you didn't want the job? I just got this feeling that I wouldn't fit in, on with the search!!
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Parfums de Nicolai Patchouli Homme

Notes: lavender, Turkish rose, geranium Bourbon, frankincense, sandalwood, bay oil, cinnamon, leather, amber, vanilla (from luckyscent.com)

Patchouli Homme, I am told, will soon be renamed Patchouli Intense, mostly because it has proven to sell well to both men and women. Before I start, let me point out that patchouli is not listed in the notes. Now, let me say that indeed, I smell no patchouli in this fragrance. Maybe that is good--sometimes the headshop associations that go along with the rich, earthy, chocolate, coffee and camphor notes of natural patchouli are too burdensome. On the other hand, rich, earthy, chocolate, coffee and camphor notes sound pretty darn good. So, expecting this kind of depth, I was disappointed in Patchouli Homme. Putting my expectations aside, I still find that I can't quite warm up to this fragrance. It starts with fresh and sweet citrus notes, a blend of light spices, pepper, and an ambery base peeking out from below. It does seem like it might turn out to be a lovely, refined male oriental fragrance. Soon, however, a blaring fougere accord (lavender, geranium) comes into play, the amber mutes itself, taking away some balancing sweetness, and the pepper turns scratchy and dusty. There are also some bitter, smoky wood and incense notes in the dry-as-a-bone base. Patchouli Homme is worth a try for anybody who is attracted to spicy oriental fragrances, but would like something drier and less overtly resinous. As for me, I think I'll take my pepper and smoky woods via Miller Harris Cuir d'Oranger, leaving the geranium for another day.

Mark Buxton Black Angel

Notes: citrus, bergamot, mandarin, orange, rosemary, ginger, cardamom, coriander, nutmeg, jasmine, lily of the valley, orris, styrax, guaiac, patchouli (from luckyscent.com)

Mark Buxton certainly knows how to assign evocative names to his fragrances. So far, despite the sex-appeal of the images he creates, I have found the juice itself to be solidly composed, with homage to classic fragrance structures. Black Angel is one that does not quite fit this mold, although I still do not find it terribly ground-breaking. It is very modern, with ginger, tea, bergamot and mixed citruses in the top notes. The effect is somehow very green, despite the strong fruitiness of the orange and accompanying citrus notes. The middle development is slightly leathery with mixed white florals, iris root and some sweet, powdery, vanillic amber. I was all set for a perfect finish, but the base turned out to be a let-down. It is primarily composed of Iso E Super and some other vague woody, smoky incense notes. Although Black Angel bears very little resemblance to something like Bulgari Black, both these fragrances firmly fall into the vanilla-woods, modern oriental model. Try Black Angel as a nice, though not ground-breaking, alternative within this fragrance family.

Yippee Friday!

Mitsouko EDP

I wore Aqua Allegoria Figue-Iris for subbing in the library today. I felt in the mood for something rather more excessive this evening, so I'm wearing Habanita for SotE (thanks to Taolday for introducing me to this)...I'm officially a Habanita convert. It is my smoky jazz club fragrance, if I were to go to such a place, but in fact I'm sure I'll be snoozing tonight by 10 pm at the latest.

Yay! The weekend is here!

I hope everything went well for Libertine at the interview. At least if it didn't, it's good practice. I hate interviewing. I always hated first/blind dates back in the day for the same reason...so awkward and weird feeling.

♥ Love to all. See ya!

Blog Entries

Libertine, I understand. It's easy to forget that the interview is every bit as much about whether you like the job as it is about them liking you.

Mysticknot, I've been meaning to say this for a while, but I find it absolutely hilarious and You-Know-You're-A-Basenoter-When that you're halfway around the world, and at some point while you were packing, you knew you'd need 3 different concentrations of Mitsouko!

I missed posting yesterday, when I broke into a pile of Serge Lutens samples I haven't tried yet. I kicked things off with Encens et Lavande.

Today, I've been wearing the truth-in-advertising failure entitled Cedre.

(actually, it's quite nice, in a very feminine, not-at-all-woody sort of way...)
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    .....I'm officially a Habanita convert. It is my smoky jazz club fragrance....
    Oh what a good idea!!

Just treated self to a big puffy mattress cover (hoping to recapture the Bermuda experience) and she will be the PURRfect companion!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Tonight it's Versace L'Homme
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Oh, I love that little kitten AND that big cat!

Inspired by a recent thread about roses, I chose Gres Cabaret as SotD.

RainDrop, I'm seconding that "yippee!"

Therese, Hebe, Sakecat, and other sickies, feel better soon.

EM and Quarry, adorable felines!

Libertine, hope you kicked bootie.

I realized I didn't put on anything today. So I quickly remedied that with

Gourmandises by Keiko Mecheri on one hand.
    Notes: praline, rose petal, jam notes, saffron, musk

If this didn't have praline, I'd be all over it. Very nicely composed, but too sweet for my tastes. Definitely worth a try for fans of roses and gourmands.

Rose Musc by Sonoma Scent Studio on the other hand.
    Notes: Rose petals, ambergris, labdanum absolute, skin musks

I like the opening and middle, which is rose with a tiny bit of cinnamon weaving in and out (to my nose, anyhow). But I love the musk drydown--it just melts into my skin and gives off a "golden" vibe. I think I'm going to have to get a bottle of this and of SSS Tabac Aurea very soon.
    Last edited by BlackCat; 5th December 2009 at 02:15 AM.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Armani Attitude
    Gary

happy is the bleu heart<3

I'm wearing L'Air du Desert Marocain today.

EM and Quarry: what cute kittys! it almost makes me want one ... almost.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

So In Love by Victoria Secret

I smell sooooo good. I've been getting compliments all evening. Why oh why did they discontinue this one? The online supply is getting low too...*heavy sigh*
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Happy Friday!!

The pour un Ete, thanks to a generous lovely BNer!
    Evenstar

Nuit de Noel

I spent two and a half hours this morning writing and rewriting my resume, trying to upload it, and talking to my potential new employers' hr receptionist about what exactly I'm doing wrong. Here's hoping they don't catch wind that I'm technologically impaired! All I'll really need to do is type, count, and smile.

Libertine, I'm sorry your interview went the way it did, but I'm really glad you came to this conclusion early. Onward and upward, right?

exquisitely, what an aborable lil baby! I just love kittens. Good for Daniel, being so kind! Oh and nice Jicky line, too.

Congrats to Clay on being published, Quarry! He just looks so content.

Good night, all!