Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Blog Entries

Default SotD Friday 4 December

Good morning!

SL Fourreau Noir for me

Have a fab Friday!
    Last edited by tigrushka; 4th December 2009 at 05:19 AM. Reason: fatal error aka sotd bug
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Friday 4 December

One of my favourite tuberose - Carnal Flower
    Currently wearing: Maharanih by Nicolaï

Basenotes Institution

Oh Coconut is smelling very good !

Have a great day everyone !

I'm still in vintage Mitsouko extrait and EDT .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Friday 4 December

Jean - Louis Sieuzac ' s

OR BLACK

Pascal Morabito

Top Notes
    Bergamot, Pepper, Leather.

Middle Notes
    Sage, Benzoin, Cistus.

Base Notes
    Vetiver, Amber, Tonkinian Musk, Oakmoss.
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus

Have a job interview this morning (am pooing myself) so I thought I'd go for something calm and relaxing, so I'm wearing Eau de Verveine.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    Oh Coconut is smelling very good !
    Thanks mysticknot. Good luck to libertine!
    Currently wearing: Maharanih by Nicolaï

Good luck, libertine!

I'm in Cacharel Loulou today.

I'm in LOVE'S TRUE BLUISH LIGHT perfume oil. Happy Friday everyone!

Blog Entries

GOOD LUCK LIBERTINE!!! Don't worry if you poo yourself, they'll just think you're wearing Jicky.

Early morning with a second to spare so I wanted to say hi to everybody!! I've been gifted an absolutely tantalizing bundle of goodies, ((HUGS Dianne!!)) and wearing my jaw-dropping new fav:

Cristalle Eau Vert
    Honeysuckle, Magnolia, Lemon, Bergamot, Neroli, Jasmine, White Flowers

Glory Be!! Light, sparkling, uplifting... its like I'm wearing Springtime!! I'm a sucker for 5 of the notes listed above, and a newly converted follower of the other 2.

On another note: Daniel rescued a kitten yesterday!! The little darling's been working her kitty-magic on him since, so he's keeping her, much to the dismay of the established cat.

Look how cute she is!!! Its making it much harder to stay away, knowing the next time I visit him, she'll be just as big as the other cat. Very sneaky of him.

OOPS!! Gotta go!! GOODLUCKANDHAVEAGREATDAYEVERYONE!!!!!
    <3 ... I'm blind crazy in love... <3

Libertine: Go get 'em!

Exquisitely me: a very cute kitty indeed!

I am wearing Sables, dry heat for a wet cough. Debating about whether or not to call in sick. I have so much work to do, but worry about exposing others to my bug. Hmmm.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Friday 4 December

Quote Originally Posted by Therese View Post
    Libertine: Go get 'em!

Exquisitely me: a very cute kitty indeed!

I am wearing Sables, dry heat for a wet cough. Debating about whether or not to call in sick. I have so much work to do, but worry about exposing others to my bug. Hmmm.

Oh Therese, Therese, i love Sables.....
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus

Good luck, Libertine!
    EM - what a precious kitty!
    Therese - I hope you feel better. At least you know you smell marvelous. I join you and Roberto in the Sables love.

Sotd is ETRO Etra. Love the combo of tangy/sharp notes (geranium, rosewood) with sweeter, richer ones (vanilla, sandalwood)

Happy Friday, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain
    Currently wearing: Toni Gard by Toni Gard

Basenotes Institution

7 degrees F on the thermometer last night, 12 this morning. A light dusting of snow outside. Yendi di Capucci for me today.

Have a nice Friday, thanks goodness!

Blog Entries

The last Friday I will work in 2009, woo hoo. I go to four-day weeks or less until 2010.
    The weather has been positively crazy the last few days from wind driven downpour to temps near 70 to back into the 40's. I love New England Weather.

Wanted to wear one of my new Hermessences today and it felt like a vetiver day.

Hermes Hermessence Vetiver Tonka

I have really enjoyed the Hermessence line from Hermes as a concept and in the execution. Jean-Claude Ellena has done a wonderful job at exploring the interplay of some of perfumery's signature ingredients and making something fresh out of them. Case in point is one of the original Hermessence releases from 2004, Vetiver Tonka.

Vetiver has to be right up there with patchouli and sandalwood as one of the most used and versatile notes in the perfumer's toolbox. Vetiver can be used to add edge or a green feel but rarely does it come off smooth. In Vetiver Tonka, M. Ellena turns this sharp edged note into a thing of cashmere like softness and shows just how versatile a note vetiver can be.

The top of Vetiver Tonka begins with the vetiver feel most men are familiar with. In fact it opens almost identically to Guelrain Vetiver. Almost immediately that changes as M. Ellena chooses to blend two gourmand notes of roasted hazelnut and dried fruit. This has the effect of accentuating the natural nuttiness that vetiver has but too often gets lost when it is paired with more powerful notes. Here the feel comes off like smelling a nut roaster from a distance. The fruit accord could be jarring but it adds a little necessary sweetnes to keep this on the smooth side. The base is all tonka and its richness really brings the vetiver's suave and debonair side out. The now very intense vetiver is truly matched by the tonka making this comforting at the last.

Vetiver Tonka has average longevity and sillage on my skin. It is a typical light Ellena compsoition but it has a little more depth than most of his other works.

Vetiver Tonka is what happens when the most talented perfumers decide to look at the tried and true and make something bright and new, it can be eye-opening and wonderful and Vetiver Tonka is all that.

Have a Freaky Friday everyone.
    Last edited by Somerville Metro Man; 4th December 2009 at 11:02 AM.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Good morning!

I'm wearing Attrape-Coeur today.

Everyone have a great Friday.

It's Cedre for me today...loving it! (and the drydown is very much Feminité..)

Oh, Exquisitely..such a darling kitty! Looks just like the one I adopted some weeks ago!
    I'd love to fill up my house with kittys,dogs, perfumes and chocolates..hey..wouldn't that be a great idea??

Good morning all It's now 13.30 here and it's already about to get completely dark here... Will try to do some studying later. EM that is a gorgeous kitten! I wish we were allowed to keep pets where I live now! Libertine: GOOD LUCK!! Sotd is Angel.
    Currently wearing: Prada Candy by Prada

I'm really a doggie person, but that kitty is CUTE! Good for Daniel! Exquisitely ~ maybe he'll name this sweet little striped fur ball after you???? At any rate, you smell good!

Labdanum 18 by Le Labo today, still on my Maurice Roucel kick. Not only do I regularly butcher the names of perfumes (and their creators), I just can't seem to get the word "labdanum" off my tongue without tripping! When a perfumes smells THIS fine, I guess it doesn't matter !

TGIF!

(races in) Hi y'all!

Gonna be back soon....promise.

Still wearing perfume, though I am having a hard time smelling it....after getting over the last virus, wound up with cold 2.0 Attack of the nose!

Wearing (but not smelling) Vanisia

Good luck Libertine! Cute kitty Daniel and EM!

Have a fantastic day everyone! (races out)
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Tom Ford Amber Absolute.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Guerlain Heritage Edt today following last night's Heritage Edp.
    These things cannot be long hidden: the Sun, the Moon, the Truth--Buddha

Libertine, best of luck in the interview. Be confident and show yourself!
    Thank you Daniel for rescuing the kitten!!

It's freezing here today, will be warming myself with DK Black Cashmere.
    Currently wearing: Bois des Îles by Chanel

Hi all --

Lightning "in and out" posting for me today... Didn't get to wear my SoTE yesterday, so it's today's fragrance: Michael Storer Winter Star. I'd forgotten what a strange (and strangely compelling) scent this is... Not for every day, but definitely a keeper, especially around this time of year.

Winter Star notes: Karanal (woods+caramel), Peru balsam, Benzoin Siam, Tolu, Labdanum, Carnation, Lavender absolute, musks, Bergamot orange oil and Oakmoss absolute.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...
    Currently wearing: Infusion d'Iris by Prada

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hdrcDDqRHk"]YouTube- The Monkey Song from the Jungle Book[/ame]

This kinda says what I'm hoping my lovely Therese will hear..
    And make her smile:0
    Knock 'em dead, Lib !

Good on you, Monsieur Daniel...kisses to lovebirds out there.

My ailing friends-
    Love you like Johnny Walker Blue, and cheese.

Wearing POTL's Luctor Et Emergo-
    For me, it is a very fey, wispy, playful veil [ even in parfum] of delicacy.

SMM- you " channeling Isaac" today ?
    That's all my Suave One wears...his 'griffe'.

Going to deepen this vibrant mop, and trim it, too.

Love to you peeplets.

Libertine, by now it's prolly all over - HOW'D IT GO???!!

And jess LOOKIT that li'l pusser...and doesn't she/he know she/he's got it made!!

And it's not even FEB and ya got single digits there in Wolf-land?? Oy yoi yoi. Must send dog-sleds with kegs of warming smellies.

Still determined to retain Bermuda in

Coral

{from the site)..."a sunny, watery and enveloping white floral scent. Clementine and ginger, freesia, tuberose, nectar of rose, orange blossom and hydrangea are warmed with subtle woods, black pepper and musk..."

All these Lili's I've tried so far have average sillage and last about four hours. In the EDT. Dunno about the EDPs.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Bvlgari Pour Homme!

Quote Originally Posted by exquisitely me View Post
    GOOD LUCK LIBERTINE!!! Don't worry if you poo yourself, they'll just think you're wearing Jicky.
    HaHa - funny!!

Hi everybody!

I'm wearing the original Calvin Klein for Women, yet another relic from the golden age of opulent floral chypres.

Chanel 19 edp
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Happy Friday all!

Le Temps d'Une Fete for me today...thanks again for this J!

Last edited by Dane; 4th December 2009 at 01:33 PM.

Hope the interview went well, Libertine! Another of us who didn't make the BN lunch, though I can't wait to hear all about it...

Hugs to all those laid low...

I am testing Michel Germain Sexual - now don't all laugh, please. It isn't half bad, as a matter of fact. The carnation note settles down quite quickly and it is smooth and creamy the rest of the way with just a hint of spice.

Mostly wearing my new Ebay purchase of Hugo Boss Deep Red. I have next to no time for most of the line, but this is a fine exception. Lightly fruity and clean, yet at the same time slinky and musky and a bit vanilla-y. This could work for day or night. I am rather impressed.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/