Code of Conduct

Default Which fragrance that your female office colleage wears, impressed you?

which fragrances you absolutely hated her to wear?

Default Re: Which fragrance that your female office colleage wears, impressed you?

The only thing I really dislike is when someone wears too much. I used to work with a woman whom I could smell from 50 yards. I was always worried that someone would light a cigarette and send her up in flames.

Default Re: Which fragrance that your female office colleage wears, impressed you?

Yesterday I was impressed by Estée Lauder Knowing, worn by a colleague. Loved it on her.
    Jan Pieter

I worked with a woman a few years ago who used to wear inconsiderate amounts of Ciara/Revlon. Now, I had smelled it before and didn't think it was that bad for a drug store scent. However, in the quantity this particular woman wore the fragrance, it was revolting.

Conversely, I used to work for an optomitrist who wore Safari/Ralph Lauren /EDP and that stuff made me go ga-ga over her!

Smelling Parfumerie Generale Musc Maori on a female colleague made me go in a good way. It smelled beyond seductive on her -- astounding!

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

I think my boss wears Shalimar sometimes, and I like it.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

a month or so ago there was this woman working and she was all working in the back

well she passed me by a few times and i smelled this really bad sweet smell...she kinda showered in it

hate when people do that
    Last edited by Young Dro; 4th December 2009 at 06:23 PM.

The truth is that I enjoy most things if worn well--that is, in the right amount and in a way that is considerate and fits the wearer. A colleague in my department wears this J Lo thing (I think) with a peach note that I love to smell on her. This is part of the reason why wearing stuff to please other people seems like a pretty limited goal to me. Bacon grease would do it.

I worked with a young lady who wore Marc Jacobs Daisy. I really liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Strollyourlobster View Post
    The truth is that I enjoy most things if worn well--that is, in the right amount and in a way that is considerate and fits the wearer. A colleague in my department wears this J Lo thing (I think) with a peach note that I love to smell on her. This is part of the reason why wearing stuff to please other people seems like a pretty limited goal to me. Bacon grease would do it.
    I agree wholeheartedly with you.

Scents fro Victoria's Secret since they might buy other things there too

Sur la Plage

A co-worker always wore Flowerbomb. I liked it.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I have yet to encounter a scented co-worker that left anything other than a bad impression on me.

The worst was a young woman who insisted using Victoria's Secret body sprays by the liter when she returned from her "smoke brakes" 10 times a day. Good lord I think the floor and walls are still stained from the stench.

Flowerbomb
    Lacoste Pink
    Clive C X
    Trish McEvoy Blackberry Vanilla Musk
    Jo Malone Raspberry
    Last edited by SoGent; 5th December 2009 at 03:06 AM.

I worked in the office next to a girl who wore Clinique Happy (I asked her what it was) and it was very good in that even when she wore enough to smell it down the hallway, which it sometimes was, it was always good and never overpowering or unpleasant. Very youthful, reminiscent of citrus flowers.

My best Female friend at work wears Narciso Rodriguez and it smells AWESOME on her

Basenotes Plus

My female colleagues wear stuff like Clinique Happy and Salvatore Ferragamo's Incanto. I'm less than impressed, of course...only because these scents don't work for them. IMO:

Miss A's vivacious personality would be served better with Tommy Girl or 1826 George Sand, definitely not Incanto.

Miss B's icy-sultry looks can pull off Shalimar or Mitsouko better than Clinique Happy.

But making any such recommendations when they are not asked for is kinda presumptuous and 'nosy', don't you think?
    Last edited by Diamondflame; 6th December 2009 at 10:51 AM.

My colleague wears Chanel Allure, and it's sandalwood/patchouli heaven on her. It's strange that I've always considered Allure to be a 'fresh floral', but never something so sensual, woody and warm. Remind me of another Chanel modern classic: Coromandel.

Even more interesting, after I'd complimented her and commented on the similarity, she didn't have any idea of what's Coromandel and just thought it was the "musk" which gave the sexy effect and she took the compliment (kind of) for granted. I laughed and gave her my decants of Coromandel and MKK (for what real "musk" is). She absolutely loves it, and takes perfume much more seriously.

Perfume is my love. I feel good everytime I find love, and even great when I could spread the love to someone else.

I've never worked in an office but if a woman wore Bandit, La Nuit (Paco Rabanne), vintage Cabochard, Patchouli 24, Mitsouko, Rive Gauche, No. 5 parfum, or Rasa Extreme parfum, that would be exceptional.

-
    Last edited by pluran; 6th December 2009 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    My female colleagues wear stuff like Clinique Happy and Salvatore Ferragamo's Incanto. I'm less than impressed, of course...only because these scents don't work for them. IMO:

Miss A's vivacious personality would be served better with Tommy Girl or 1826 George Sand, definitely not Incanto.

Miss B's icy-sultry looks can pull off Shalimar or Mitsouko better than Clinique Happy.

But making any such recommendations when they are not asked for is kinda presumptuous and 'nosy', don't you think?
    Absolutely . . . a real gentleman would say nothing and just quietly leave a bottle (perhaps with a nice card) on his co-workers desks somewhere around Dec. 23rd or 24th.

Poison simply disgusts me even in minute quantities, but one woman I work with layers it in all its forms, and in copious amounts. Automatic migraine and dry heaves for me, too bad because she is such an adorable little flower.....

Another woman wears Narcisco Rodriguez musk, and its heavenly, she sprays it behind her knees, go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post

My experience with women is that it's mine field to question their scent. My take on it would be to get them into a conversation about YOUR extreme interest in scents and make some recommendations that way...treading very carefully. If you establish some cred as someone who knows way more than the average person about scents, and they don't think you're being pompous, they may take interest.

Perhaps tell them you're ordering some samples for yourself and you'll add a couple for them of your suggested scents, down playing the low cost.

A couple little 1ml vials won't seem such a big deal...a whole bottle is a risky proposition in my experience. Been there, done that. Not good.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 6th December 2009 at 06:19 PM.

Cool Re: Which fragrance that your female office colleage wears, impressed you?

Quote Originally Posted by bokaba View Post
    Scents fro Victoria's Secret since they might buy other things there too
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.