Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Escada Pour Homme or Givenchy Gentleman.

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Escada Pour Homme

21 51.22%
  • Givenchy Gentleman

20 48.78%

Default Escada Pour homme or Givenchy Gentleman

Which one of these two "gentlemans" cologne do you prefer, and why? How is sillage/longevity on these two? i have never tested them..

AromiErotici

Default Re: Escada Pour homme or Givenchy Gentleman

I like both actually, but would choose the original GG over Escada. The sillage for GG is very good and longevity is also.

Escada has moderate sillage and longevity, but is a good scent for cooler months.

^ What he said. I love and own both, but would sooner part with the Escada, especially since vintage GG is so hard to come by these days.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

I like both, but currently (per my fickle nose) prefer the Escada
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Sur la Plage

Givenchy Gentleman (vintage)
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

But how is the longevity/sillage on Escada Pour Homme? I`m hunting for a elegant refined scent in the same style as Caravelle Epicee, Passion Boisee etc with great sillage and staying power.

I never tried GG, but I will recommend Escada PH. I never had a problem with the sillage or longevity... (6-8 hours easily...)

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    But how is the longevity/sillage on Escada Pour Homme? I`m hunting for a elegant refined scent in the same style as Caravelle Epicee, Passion Boisee etc with great sillage and staying power.
    They have roughly the same longevity and sillage on me. Both last all day and project well, but I wouldn't consider either to be powerhouses.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I'm going to have to be partial to Escada PH simply because I greatly dislike Givenchy Gentleman.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

I own and love both (and I love both old and new versions of GG). Personally, I prefer GG because I love patchouli-heavy scents. If you're looking for something on the spicy side, definitely go GG, but if you want something sweeter and slightly floral, go for Escada. Most people like Escada for the cold months, but personally I only wear it in the summer (light sprays!). It is one of my favorite summer scents.

Actually both, but if you prefer a more leather frag, with minimal citrus, floral and herbal notes, Gentleman is more adequate
    if you prefer more gourmand frag, with bitter-sweet Oriental notes, with a slight suggestion of a cognac- and cigar tobacco smell, Escada Pour Homme is the right one

The givenchy starrs a prominent patchouly that, as of now, is still too strong for me.
    The vintage should also be difficult to obtain.
    Escada is very nice, I have not encountered any problems with sillage or longevity either.
    so Escada gets my vote.

well escada since u can get a bottle for like $15 haha

Aromi is right: Escada is quite good, but fleeting, Givenchy Gentleman's sillage and longevity are much better.
    Last edited by Pollux; 12th December 2009 at 02:41 PM.

Givenchy Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Actually both, but if you prefer a more leather frag, with minimal citrus, floral and herbal notes, Gentleman is more adequate
    if you prefer more gourmand frag, with bitter-sweet Oriental notes, with a slight suggestion of a cognac- and cigar tobacco smell, Escada Pour Homme is the right one
    I`m not a big fan of citrus-notes.. Does Escada Pour Homme share some similarities with Terre de Sarment by Frapin? I like that one. I also like Bois1920 Real Patchouly,Caravelle Epicee and Straight to Heaven.

I cannot tell, since I don't know Terre de Sarment by Frapin