• Best for the office: Kouros

4 6.67%
  • Best for the office: Body Kouros

21 35.00%
  • Best for the office: Xeryus Rouge

13 21.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default M7, Kouros, Body Kouros, Xeryus Rouge

Which is the safest full bottle blind buy, which is the best quality fragrance over all, and which is best to wear to the office?

Basically, the reason I ask is: I only buy full bottles blind (for the most part) based on the recommendations of people here.

The noses here are awesome.
    Last edited by vonMises; 5th December 2009 at 02:07 AM.

Default Re: M7, Kouros, Body Kouros, Xeryus Rouge

I would say Kouros is definitly the least safe.

IMO it smells just like a urinal cake.

Xeryus Rouge is pretty much the safest blind buy, but thats not saying much. I would NEVER ever blindbuy.

If I could go back 5 years ago to when I first started collecting I would have only bought things that sampled thoroughly and absolutely LOVED and have just a few fragrances that I adored wearing instead of 3 boxes of stuff that sits around.

I never smelled XR, But from the others BK is the safest, M7 is best overall and BK is the best around the office.

Quote Originally Posted by cmax View Post
    I never smelled XR, But from the others BK is the safest, M7 is best overall and BK is the best around the office.
    Ditto, except I have smelled XR... I don't think any of these are good for the office, but BK is the "best of the worst" so to speak...

M7. I love Kouros but it stinks up a storm and is not an office scent.

m7 is the best, BK is best for the office and blind buy

That said, none are office frags (haven't tried XR though), and none are good candidates for a blind buy

M7 all the way, no matter what your looking for.
    I think its considerably safe for office wear, as safe as any oud will be, its as creative as any designer can get and the price you can get it at is still to be bet.
    I did try try Kouros (the least safe IMO, simply too polarising), xeryus rouge ( a decent choice for everything wanted, albeit, never daring) and i do own body kouros (definetely not appropriate for office wear, again, my humbly oppinion),
    However, I still think, if you want to stick out of the crowd in a self assured, understated way, its M7 all the way.
    I bought it some time back, more or less blind and I find myself reaching for it seldomly -but whenever i need ( self- ) assurance.
    Its simply good.
    Last edited by timaru; 5th December 2009 at 04:06 AM. Reason: spelling

THANK YOU, All, for you input. For what it is worth, I wasn't relying on these for the office, but I thought the question might provoke more interesting opinions. But today, unbelievably to even myself, I was planning on not wearing any fragrance to work, then with the thought that I didn't really want to go to work, I spritzed on a bit of Opium EdT. EEEK. Will never do something like that again.

I am planning two bottles for myself for Christmas: Live Jazz, and whatever I can choose from the consensus above - it is looking like I will go with M7. I have enjoyed every scent I have tried so far, and find myself to be especially fortunate to find so much enjoyment from so many different fragrances. As long as I stick to the fragrances admired here I am willing to risk a disappointing blind buy -- so far that has paid off, but I think I am easier to please than some, or I enjoy more than others..

Dependent

My preference in order:

M7
    Kouros
    XR
    Body Kouros

Since you asked about office, I'd have to say my fave of the lot M7, I seldom use for that purpose. No particular reason, just a preference thing I guess.

The only one that I don't care for from you list is Body Kouros. It just doesn't work for me. Far too vanillic and linear on my skin.

Otherwise, in order of my preference:
    M7
    Xeryus Rouge
    Kouros

Agreed on BK being very very linear, the opening notes are fantabulous, but after it's short life of 10 seconds, what's left is a very linear Vanilla. I can take other linear frags like Opium but this just gets extremely cloying.

M7 is thesame too, the first few seconds are like "Oh man, why do I hate this frag? This is fantastic". but then everything else comes crashing down. and I remember why I don't like it. I like the drydown though, but that takes way way too long to come in. I don't want to suffer the frag for hours on end just for the sweet, woody, drydown with vetiver peeking out. M7 Fresh on the other hand, is just fantastic.
    LF: CAP/LID for Creed Original vetiver and Creed Millesime Imperiale, 75ml. Please pm me.. Thanks!

Kouros is the least safest
    because it is deeper , richer & streaks , better than your other candidates ...
    try before you buy !

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

M7 to me, is fine to use for the office. Just don't spray with adandon. Pretty safe blind buy as well, as long as you like the oriental category of fragrances and have an open mind.

IMO, The best blind buy of these is M7, overall Quality Kouros and the safest choice of office use Is Xyreus Rouge

I've never tried Xeryus Rouge. From the rest, Kouros is the one I love, but hardly ever wear it outside. M7 and Body Kouros are good with a preference to M7. Both should be safe with the appropriate amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    Kouros is the least safest
    because it is deeper , richer & streaks , better than your other candidates ...
    try before you buy !
    What do you mean by "streak"? By the way, I think YSL should give you a contract! You're like King Kouros on this board!
    Last edited by PorkFat; 6th December 2009 at 04:11 AM.

I blind bought Xeryus Rouge many years ago and I gotta say it's one of the best. Although I would not wear it to work. Too strong for the office in my opinion.

M7 for the office. Yes it is. I used to be a bit shy to wear M7 at the office.

Last week, for the first time I tried. 3 x spays in my hairy chest and one spray just above the nombril.

I got positive comments from female cowerker, specially one that went gaga about it.

M7, with 4 sprays, last the entire day. One of the girl said that the odor was changing over the day to get better and better.

I'm telling you M7 has something special on it.

The only thing is it's hard to find this fragrance here in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by 201motels View Post
    I blind bought Xeryus Rouge many years ago and I gotta say it's one of the best. Although I would not wear it to work. Too strong for the office in my opinion.
    201-
    From your wardrobe it looks like you enjoy sweeter frags. I do, and would wear them more if I didn't have to be around other people professionally. I especially like Opium EdT and John Varvatos (original), both of which are very sweet to me; it seems like XR and maybe M7 are similar.

Quote Originally Posted by vonMises View Post
    201-
    From your wardrobe it looks like you enjoy sweeter frags. I do, and would wear them more if I didn't have to be around other people professionally. I especially like Opium EdT and John Varvatos (original), both of which are very sweet to me; it seems like XR and maybe M7 are similar.
    Opium EdT and JV are excellent frags. I haven't gotten my nose near M7 yet but they could be very similar. M7 will now go near the top of my test list.