Code of Conduct

Arrow Dunhill Edition - has anyone seen this box before??

Hi

Im still struggling to understand if Dunhill Edition has been discontinued. I posted on Basenotes before and was told by some members it had been discontinued but was being re - launched. So I mailed Dunhill and they told me it had been discontinued and made no mention of a re - launch.....

Anyway, we all know its becoming very hard to find now but recently, I spotted a bottle on e - bay with different packaging to any of the Dunhill Editions I've previously owned. I've seen the classic box with "Edition" on the top of the box and the newer version as pictured on the Basenotes review page (the logo is just above the centre of the box) but I've never seen this new box before.

Unfortunately, I wasnt able to get a copy of the picture at the time but I did manage to find one on net. Heres the link : http://www.mikonin.com/kousui/dunhill-edition2.jpg

Can anyone confirm if they have seen this box before and if so, is it the real Dunhill Edition in new packaging?? It looks authentic enough but never having seen this box before, I wasn't too sure and was hoping the kind community at Basenotes could help
    (By the way, the last picture in the set of 4 is probably the best).

I greatly appreciate any help and comments regarding the above

Default Re: Dunhill Edition - has anyone seen this box before??

That looks exactly like the bottle I bought 3 years ago. As far as I know that is/was the standard packaging at the time when it was discontinued.

I have less than 1oz of this left and really need to find some more. Great Great scent.

The one I bought about four years ago is like the one on the Basenotes Review not the one you are showing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsugarman View Post
    That looks exactly like the bottle I bought 3 years ago. As far as I know that is/was the standard packaging at the time when it was discontinued.

I have less than 1oz of this left and really need to find some more. Great Great scent.

Hi

I've seen at least 2 different boxes for Edition and the one in the link I've provided may potentially be the third one. I'm confused as I don't understand why Dunhill would re - package Edition if it was being discontinued. Maybe someone who has bought Edition in the newer box could help??

Thanks!!!!!

I have two bottles & one box .
    I can confirm there are two different bottles for certain .
    I can post a pic if need be .

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Post Re: Dunhill Edition - has anyone seen this box before??

I remember about oh 6 months back or so there was talk of new packaging for Dunhill Edition. I guess it has come to pass. Now the big question is has the juice been re-formulated? Does anybody remember this discussion we had pertaining to this fragrance?
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

My 30ml (1 fl oz) bottle I bought earlier this year looks exactly the same except for two difference. The logo "dunhill EDITION" is located in the centre of the box" On the box, the bottle size indication (30ml e 1 Fl oz) is located at towards the side of the box instead of under the words "Natural Spray - Vaporisateur" Here's a pic of it.

http://www.1-fragrances.com/images/mdunhille.jpg

Other than that my bottle itself looks exactly like the one in the link u posted. I'm not sure if mine is a fake or not but scent wise it smells almost similar if not slightly fresher than my dad's 15 year old bottle.

Dunhill Edition owners,
    How's the sillage and longevity of Edition ?
    I don't get a ton of sillage and seems to go kind of subtle after a while. Longevity is above average.
    Last edited by JoNnY 4; 6th December 2009 at 12:03 AM.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

I dont think this is a re - launch/re - formulation as some of the members have suggested as I mailed Dunhill less than a week ago and they told me that Edition has definitely been discontinued......

So the question still remains, why is there a box in circulation that no one has ever seen before???

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

I bought this exact Dunhill Edition at Istanbul few years ago. Its the genuine article. If you study the layout of the box, you will see that the graphic theme is consistent with the recent Dunhill boxes, 1934 included.

The box will be the one in which the bottle in the perfumecountry.com ad in the Edition review page comes in.
    Last edited by perfaddict; 6th December 2009 at 06:20 AM.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Arrow Re: Dunhill Edition - has anyone seen this box before??

Hi,

That's the packaging I just received. The reason for the reply is that I called Dunhill about this last week and was told that it was definitely not discontinued, but that there were no stocks. So, mixed messages from Dunhill.

I had assumed that as it still had a loyal but small following, they would release smaller batches every now and then.

It's the only men's fragrance I've ever really liked. Fingers crossed!

I contacted Dunhill regarding Edition, and got the following reply from P & G:

"Hello and thank you for your email. I am sorry but I have not received any information that the Dunhill Edition is being reintroduced in the near future and do hope you are not too disappointed. However I will pass your comments on to the team and let them know that you would like to see it come back. If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to get back in touch."

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGallacher View Post
    I contacted Dunhill regarding Edition, and got the following reply from P & G:

"Hello and thank you for your email. I am sorry but I have not received any information that the Dunhill Edition is being reintroduced in the near future and do hope you are not too disappointed. However I will pass your comments on to the team and let them know that you would like to see it come back. If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to get back in touch."
    So, I guess another one bites the dust!
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....