Code of Conduct

Default Has anyone commissioned a custom fragrance?

Laurie from Sonoma Scent Studio recommended that I check out Profumo.it for a custom-made (bespoke) fragrance. I've been building my personal masterpiece in my mind since starting out this journey of fragrance earlier this year. I'm sure it would have little to no market appeal and would serve only to please my own olfactory senses.

I'm wondering if anyone has gone this route of paying a professional to help you design your dream fragrance? How did it go? How long did it take? What kind of creative freedoms did you have or did you put it all into the perfumer's hands?

I'm seriously thinking of doing this once I get a better grasp of individual notes and how they work together.

http://profumo.it/perfume/personal_perfumeTherapy.asp

Are there other companies that do this?

Thanks!
    Last edited by PorkFat; 6th December 2009 at 03:58 AM. Reason: Corrected spelling error in subject

Default Re: Has anyone commisioned a custom fragrance?

I like the idea of it, but I am nowhere near enough of a notes head to give them very specific direction. I really enjoy sampling the work of perfumers, reading the reviews in here and other sites and finding a nice fit for myself. But there is indeed no small appeal to wearing something created just for you.

It would interesting to hear from someone who has tried this.

I would wonder how much they work with a person to make sure they don't go way off course and create something horrible.

I would think that depending on the city you live in there are likely some local boutique type businesses that dabble in this sort of thing. I may have seen one here in Los Angeles, but can't gel the memory.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 6th December 2009 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PorkFat View Post
    Are there other companies that do this?
    Neil Morris

Quote Originally Posted by scensation View Post
    Neil Morris
    + 1 for Neil Morris.

I believe if you're truly interested in a personal signature scent, this man seems to be the best choice out there.

Profumo.it can handle it, but a trip to Massachusetts and working with N Morris face to face just seems like the best idea. You would have total freedom & input either way.

Profumo shared some of the bespoke fragrances with us for a sampling and learning project. His bespoke fragrances and stock compositions are very good. Luca Turin reviewed some very favorably, also. I would not hesitate to recommend Profumo. I also think his bespoke service is reasonably priced. I heard some perfumers charge in the thousands.

Default Re: Has anyone commissioned a custom fragrance?

I echo Asha's comment about Profumo.it
    I believe there was a thread here before about his perfumes and there was a discussion about a perfume he created for Nathan Branch
    Evenstar