Code of Conduct

Default Lorenzo Villoresi Acqua di Colonia "Extra"

I just noted this at the updated Villoresi website.

Can anyone compare the "extra" with the regular Acqua di Colonia?

Default Re: Lorenzo Villoresi Acqua di Colonia "Extra"

I happen to have that. Same scent, upgraded packaging (silver-plated screw-top splash with additional spray mechanism and silver-plated label)
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    I happen to have that. Same scent, upgraded packaging (silver-plated screw-top splash with additional spray mechanism and silver-plated label)
    And more expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by DesGrieux View Post
    And more expensive?
    46 euros more for 100 mls.

I did not realize that some (most? all?) others by LV also have an "extra" edition.

I was wondering the same thing. Lafco NY carries a 50ml bottle of the regular for $75. It's not listed on the site, but you have to search for acqua colonia in the search option to find it. This appears to be the only seller in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by bokaba View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. Lafco NY carries a 50ml bottle of the regular for $75. It's not listed on the site, but you have to search for acqua colonia in the search option to find it. This appears to be the only seller in the US.
    They have distribution rights, last I knew. There were others, but it looks like they're becoming more exclusive. Aedes used to carry them, as did Lusciouscargo (whose supply doesn't look like it's been replenished). I had bad service from Lafco about... 6 years ago, where I called and specifically told them to ship to my parents address in New York where I would be for two weeks, rather than Las Vegas, where the package would sit in 110+ temps for the duration. What did they do??? Ship it to Las Vegas. I was a wee bit beside myself. I ended up ordering from Aedes and telling them what happened, and they said they, too, weren't very happy with Lafco.

The whole incident was posted here in basenotes, and the salesperson from Lafco joined up and tried to calm things, telling another member they were going to refund my payment and tell me to keep the bottle - which they never did. I kept the bottle anyway, and finally last year worked through my first bottle and started on the second. I ordered once again from Lafco, to get some Piper Nigrum sachets, which arrived without incident, but I haven't placed another order since.

Anyway, you can order from theperfumeshoppe.com, in Vancouver, CA. They also carry the 30ml parfum versions of a few scents.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Quote Originally Posted by bokaba View Post
    Good catch on the search option. I did not think they sold in the US, as it isn't on the list.

I haven't tried it yet, but hope to some day sample it, as I love classic style colognes.

If you enjoy Imperiale, Eau du Coq, Extra Vieille, and the like I think you should go for it. The quality is superior as well. Perhaps they think we uncultured heathens in America would not be interested in buying it?

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    Good catch on the search option. I did not think they sold in the US, as it isn't on the list.

I haven't tried it yet, but hope to some day sample it, as I love classic style colognes.
    Last edited by bokaba; 6th December 2009 at 03:58 AM.

I know I am somewhat out of step with fragrances and fragrance news these days, but I am sure I heard several years back that Acqua di Colonia was discontinued. Is "Extra" the rebirth?

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Frances View Post
    I know I am somewhat out of step with fragrances and fragrance news these days, but I am sure I heard several years back that Acqua di Colonia was discontinued. Is "Extra" the rebirth?

Joe
    It was merely unavailable in the US apparently, never in Old Europe
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Colonia is still available in the US from Lafco NY. Perhaps if more people order it and inquire about it, it will be brought back the general market.