Code of Conduct

Default Do you think Issey Miyake would smell good witha a coconut note?

L'Eau d'Issey with Coconut?

Default Re: Do you think Issey Miyake would smell good witha a coconut note?

No. But I dislike coconut.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

No, but if you do, knock yourself out.

Not bad, if only the coconut note would not add any additional sweetness to this frag.

Basenotes Plus

In a word - No.

I was thinking along the lines of Creed Virgin Island Water.

probably not

Quote Originally Posted by bigshooter313 View Post
    I was thinking along the lines of Creed Virgin Island Water.
    I was thinking the same thing. VIW, however, has lime, rum and sugar cane which provide a perfect foil to the coconut.

I think the addition of coconut to Issey would be discordant. It would clash with the yuzu and the waterlily.

Sur la Plage

Does not sound appealing to me......
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Lolita Lempicka au Masculin layers quite well, 2-3 sprays of Issey to 1 spray of Lolita Lempicka au Masculin. Discovered this by accident, after taking a shower then spraying on au Masculin while Issey was still lingering. But thats more anise / vanilla than coconut.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

You might like that kind of combination but I certainly won't. I stay away from most frags that have a prominent coconut note.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Trufflehunter View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. VIW, however, has lime, rum and sugar cane which provide a perfect foil to the coconut.

I think the addition of coconut to Issey would be discordant. It would clash with the yuzu and the waterlily.
    You are right, IMO.

The citrusy aquatic vibe would not take coconut well, in my opinion.

No, don't think so.

What might work is fig. However, you need to find a fig that doesn't smell like a coconut.
    No guru, not method, no teacher
    Just you and I and nature

L'Eau de Pina Colada Pour Homme

No way. Sensory overload.

Last edited by Descartes; 23rd January 2012 at 10:41 PM.

Last edited by Descartes; 23rd January 2012 at 10:41 PM.