diptyque

( my favourite diptyque )

Head Notes
    Cinnamom, Clove
    Heart Notes
    Spices, Vanilla
    Base Notes
    Opoponax
    Last edited by ROBERTO; 26th January 2010 at 08:45 AM.
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Default Re: S o t D Tuesday 26 January 2010

Cuir Pleine Fleur - Heeley
    Wishlist is pointless.

Today was.

1. Mitsuoko EDT
    2. Shalimar EDT
    3. Robert Piguet's Bandit EDP

All three were great!!!

- Balava
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Tubérose Indiana by Creed

HINOKI
    Commes des Garcons

Last edited by cusut; 26th January 2010 at 08:04 AM.

Basenotes Institution

Good morning all !

Joy extrait and Eau de Joy today !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Green Irish Tweed

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY to my AUSSIE MATES!

Today Im wearing Bronze Goddess to garner a sense of "Down Under" whilst we freeze here in minus 10!

Basenotes Plus

No 5 EDP.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Good morning all and greetings to all Australian BN'ers Today is a dull and grey day...I have visitors from South Africa in a couple of weeks. My friend wanted to show his gf snow. ( he's been here before when we were more than friends) I sure hope for their sake that it will be more snow and less ice by then! I hate the icey and wet weather we have now!!! Anyway.Today me and the bf finally get to have our Theater date that was meant to be earlier. He got a prolapse in his back,so we had to postpone it. Looking forward to it Sotd is a real Diva- Fracas.

Tried four new to me fragrances -- F. Malle Dans Tes Bras, Givenchy Ange Ou Demon, Penhaligon's Amaranthine and Lalique Flora Bella -- and every single one is not meant for wearing on this skin. Sigh. Will hop into the bathtub shortly and scrub. Thoroughly.

If it ain't broken, fix it till it is.

Probably Balmain de Balmain again.

Nanadebary Bronze for me today. Gearing up for the Olympics here and hoping
    our Canadian athletes get gold.

Last edited by Sheglows!; 26th January 2010 at 10:32 AM.

Feeling in a lavender mood this morning.

Tauer Perfumes Reverie au Jardin

Andy Tauer is perhaps the most successful independent perfumer out there at the moment. One of the reasons is his ability to take a note we think we know well and re-interpret it in a new and fresh way. One of the best examples of Mr. Tauer’s gift at doing this is his 2007 release Reverie au Jardin; in which lavender gets this treatment.

Lavender is one of the most utilitarian of fragrance notes, finding its way into everything from laundry detergent to air freshener. Therefore when a perfumer assays lavender as the central note of a new fragrance there has to be a little trepidation for fear the list of dreaded adjectives beginning with “soapy” will be trotted out to describe this new scent. What Mr. Tauer does in Reverie au Jardin is to use lavender in its wild form buttressed with all of the notes of Mr. Tauer’s local alpine milieu and thus keep this lavender scent from ever being confused with anything as mundane as fabric softener.

The top of Reverie au Jardin is a bracing jolt of lavender and this is lavender at the intersection of floral and herbal. Much like I have encountered lavender when I have been hiking. It is this dual nature of lavender that makes it such an interesting note as by turns it can be intensely floral and then intensely green and in Reverie au Jardin lavender shows both of these facets off. The reason this works is Mr. Tauer chooses as lavender’s companions, in the early stages, galbanum and fir balm. These have the effect of softening the herbal side of things and accentuating the floral side. According to the note list there is a rose note also in the top, but the only floral I get is lavender. The heart begins with a rich orris combining with the lavender. Orris in all of its woody floral glory really accentuates the herbal nature of the lavender and they perform a divine olfactory pas de deux. The woodiness of the orris leads into a full on woody base of cedar, sandalwood and vetiver with a dollop of oakmoss thrown in for good measure.

Reverie au Jardin has excellent longevity and above average sillage on me.

Reverie au Jardin translates to “daydream in a garden” but this feels more aptly named “meditation on an Alpine meadow”. Mr. Tauer has surely scaled the Alpine heights of audacious perfumery.

Have a Trippy Tuesday everyone.

Eva Pasco

Greetings...

I am staying the course with Elizabeth Taylor's Gardenia.

Basenotes Plus

Roberto! Eau Lente is my favorite Diptyque, too. Delicious!!

Jean Paul Gaultier Classique edp

Best to all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Happy Aussie Day to our Oz-manians!!

Started with a roll-on of Montale's Chypre Vanille (thanks *Dora*!!) only to discover it is not for me. After a sour opening the dry vanilla and barely-there chypre just didn't mate well. Like Wolfie says: "Not on this skin." Into the "Share" bag!!

From the "Sample" bag dredged up Bond #9's West Side....(thanks Sloan_8013!!) another story totally!! Roses, ylang ylang and my darling peonies, anchored in sandalwood, amber, vanilla and musk. Joyful!
    Last edited by TaoLady; 26th January 2010 at 11:55 AM.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Tubérose Indiana by Creed
    Scent twins with Coconut today! Was just thinking I needed the pretty & warm scent of Creed Tubereuse Indiana. One of my faves and never fails to get lots of "oh what perfume are you wearing?"...which of course I hate to tell

Quote Originally Posted by Sheglows! View Post
    Nanadebary Bronze for me today. Gearing up for the Olympics here and hoping
    our Canadian athletes get gold
    YES!! So exciting. Maybe we need to get some DK Gold to wear

Basenotes Plus

Last night was Bandit parfum...I'll stick with that for today.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Roses et Choocolat by Ayala Moriel

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    Good morning all !

Joy extrait and Eau de Joy today !
    You smell absolutely gorgeous Mystick...just wanted to tell you and to send a big snowy hug around the world to you ((((M))))

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Greetings and Happy Australia Day to all me sheila's and mates!

Grey Flannel seems a good choice for today.
    Last edited by kbe; 26th January 2010 at 12:14 PM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Aussies! We celebrate with you today! Happy happy!

Wearing Tom Ford's White Suede

Thank you for all your kind wishes from yesterday.
    I went back to work today and the kids in Reception took
    my mind off things for sure! I am still clinging onto my Lullaby
    comfort blanket.
    Last edited by kewart; 26th January 2010 at 12:24 PM.

Aussie Aussie Aussie oui oui oui!!!! I celebrated Australian day last evening while watching the Australian Open tennis tournament! The planes flying over the stadium were very impressive, although I doubt the tennis players thought so Hope all of you had a wonderful long weekend and celebration down under!

I'm wearing SL Douce Amere today, warm and rich feeling, but never cloying or too sweet. Perfectly balanced, and perfectly named.

In 28 La Pausa today - first proper wearing after only sampling it for ages.

Morning to all!

Kewart - staying in our thoughts today!

La Myrrhe today. I would so love a FB of this! Making do with a couple of 10ml decants. (Yes, I know. I'm soooo deprived )

Looking forward to meeting up with Kumquat and ShadesofBleu for lunch on Saturday!!!! Yipee!! Who'd a thunk it?!
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Happy Australia Day to all our Aussie friends on Basenotes!

I'm wearing FM Le Parfum de Therese this morning, but I'm just not feeling it. SMM's post has me craving simple sunny lavender, so I may have a nice bath with Yardley's. Gosh, I hope spring comes early this year.

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Chanel Egoiste Concentree. Have a great day everyone!

Top notes: Mandarin, Rosewood, Coriander
    Middle notes: Rose, Carnation, Cinnamom
    Base notes: Sandal, Vanilla, Ambrette

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Institution

Comme des Garcons Eau de Parfum by Comme des Garcons

The cold weather came back to Miami again today - so this gets pulled back out from the back of the closet. Smells extra nice in cool, crisp weather - lightly applied.

Happy Australia Day!

Dependent

Happy Aussie Day! SOTE:

CHRISTIAN DIOR
    Vintage Diorissimo Parfum

Youth Dew Amber Nude today. It really is a genius scent.
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Blog Entries

Creed - Tubereuse Indiana

I also love this one. Tubereuse Indiana may bring spring early to this chilly place. A bright, green floral that takes a different direction from the usual sweet approach to this glorious blossom.

Chanel Cuir de Russie current EdT
    "Wonderfully wild, eminently civilized" - Derby by Guerlain

My swap thread

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Will be back to answer PMs and read more later. Accidentally slept late. Much work to do in an already demanding week. (It's only Tuesday?) Some Nanadebary Green to see me through.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Obsession

Happy Australia Day, and Happy Tuesday! Like SMM, I woke up craving lavender (a rare one for me to crave), so I got out my cute little square mini of Belle en Rykiel. This is a ladies' lavender. Lovely on a cool winter day!

Note to Twolf: Sorry to hear your sampling's not going well today. When Dans Tes Bras doesn't work for you, scrubbing is indeed indicated. That's a tenacious one!

Chanel Beige today.

Happy Australia Day!!!

Happy Australia Day!!!!!

This AM, I was in Nicolaï Tea Fig... I went scent shopping with a male friend and now I'm covered in: Dior Addict, DKNY Pure, La Prairie Life Threads Platinum and La Prairie Life Threads Silver (which I LOOOOOOOOOOOVED)... I finally got out with Hanae Mori Eau Fraîche (which I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE)...

So... Stupid question... Should I go scrub all the fumes or should I spend the day heavily scented?

A Chanel day for me.

No.5 and Coco, both in EdP.

Happy Australia Day!

Rive Gauche -- or Chanel No. 19 -- cannot decide. Will repost if I ever do! Take care, all.

Baldufita there is only one answer, for which I will quote Sully from Monsters Incorporated:
    "Stink it up!!"
    Enjoy your happy fug. (Just don't get into any lifts if you think it's really extreme.)

I have spent the day in the same house as SMM (hello, big boy!) in Andy Tauer's L'Air du Desert Marocain. One of the joys of living in Canton Zurich is knowing the incredibly talented Mr Tauer is just down the road in the big city, creating works of gentle genius. And his blog is a good read, too.

Happy Australia Day to our Aussies, bathing in sunshine today. We in the Frozen North salute you! Stick another prawn on the barbie and laugh at us.
    We're enjoying a visit from the snow fairy and I'm loving it. Small wants to make a Snowtoro like Nukapia did. She's having to be patient while the flakes accumulate, but I'm sure we'll manage it eventually.
    And I haven't been skiing yet this year, which is very very frustrating for a skifreak like me. But the car isn't safe to take up the mountains, so... Gah! But I have a plan, which involves our local Co-op supermarket and the daytrips they run to Davos. Can I get up at sparrowfart and drag myself to catch a bus to ride to the mountains for a day's skiing? (Hmm. What do those bears do in the woods?)

So you can imagine how much I'm looking forward to the Winter Olympics on the telly. I love the mad sports best - who could not be griped by the lunatics hurtling down an ice slope on little more than a tea tray while wearing spandex? Even madder are the loons on the luge who go down feet first, barely able to see where the hell they're aiming themselves. Utterly gripping stuff, puts your heart in your mouth regularly.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Quote Originally Posted by Baldufita View Post
    Happy Australia Day!!!!!

This AM, I was in Nicolaï Tea Fig... I went scent shopping with a male friend and now I'm covered in: Dior Addict, DKNY Pure, La Prairie Life Threads Platinum and La Prairie Life Threads Silver (which I LOOOOOOOOOOOVED)... I finally got out with Hanae Mori Eau Fraîche (which I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE)...

So... Stupid question... Should I go scrub all the fumes or should I spend the day heavily scented?
    Before you scrub, you must tell us what you love about the La Prairie (and the Hanae Mori, too.) I just looked up the notes of that La Prairie series and they all sound interesting, but there are no reviews. So if you don't mind elaborating, what do you think?

I myself am quite heavily scented and it's divine! I'm covered with gorgeous heliotrope, roses and violets thanks to a bunch of samples from Sonoma Scent Studio. I'm already planning to order Lieu de Reves, Cameo, Vintage Rose, Velvet Rose (maybe...probably) and Voile de Violette, which is possibly my favorite of the bunch and an extra freebie from Laurie. I love them all, and I still have more to sample.

Happy day to our Aussies!

DH is thankfully staying home from work to help take care of our little son cuz I'm feeling waaaaaaaaay too under the weather.

Sampling Guerlain's 180 ans de creation, and am totally and completely in love
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Before you scrub, you must tell us what you love about the La Prairie (and the Hanae Mori, too.) I just looked up the notes of that La Prairie series and they all sound interesting, but there are no reviews. So if you don't mind elaborating, what do you think?
    The La Prairies are DIVINE!! But, oh so pricey (that's the only reason why I didn't buy Silver straight away... Next month? :P).

Silver is a woody-floral with an initial sweet gourmand blast that blew me away... Then it comes (ta-daaaaaaaa) tuberose!! I was sold. It's not as strong as in Michael Kors or Tuberose Gardenia, but it's there... The drydown, which I'm NOW enjoying is woodsy-sweet, not dry at all.
    Platinum is a chypre-floral with a prominent moss note (I doubt it's oakmoss, but I could be wrong), and I enjoyed the start notes less than in Silver, but the drydown is really nice (stronger than in Silver too).
    They didn't have Gold, which is a spicy-oriental (I think), so that one I could not sample.

Again, I will be going for Silver next month...

As for the Hanae Mori Eau Fraîche, the store had all concentrations (EdP, EdT and the limited-edition Eau Fraîche) and this one is the fruitiest and most exotic one of the three. More gourmand, would I say (you know how I feel about gourmands). I was going with my friend (who enjoys fragrances as much as I do and whose only guide is his nose) and he told me: if you don't get that one (the Eau Fraîche) your a fool (lol). He didn't care for the other two and I was hesitant, so I picked up the bigger bottle of Eau Fraîche because it was the most exotic among the three.
    Last edited by Baldufita; 26th January 2010 at 05:25 PM.

Creed Tabarome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, everyone. Wearing Bois des Iles today. One of my favorites of all time.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    Last night was Bandit parfum...I'll stick with that for today.
    Well...this didn't happen. I got distracted & Bandit just didn't feel right for today. So I actually am wearing a combination of citrus based scents: Annick Goutal's Eau d' Hadrien edp & Heure Exquise edt over Monty Taylors' Ambra di Venezia incredible body cream.

Fantastic!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

One more hug for Kewart....

SOTD: Gucci EDP

I'm so tempted to "stock up" on this one, but my FB collection is getting a little out of control...

Sung by Alfred Sung. How come this fragrance gets no love? Reviews have been largely neutral, some say it's only for very young women (I'm 56). It's not my favorite, but it's a good safe scent and my husband always asks what it is--he loves it.

Happy Australia day!

I meant to grab the small bottle of Myrrh Ardente, but instead I grabbed, Eau d'Hadrien, so that's what I am wearing today.
    Evenstar

Oooooh, a basenoter's meet-up!!! I'm so jealous! Lessa, Kumquat & Shadesofbleu please have a fabulous time Saturday (we know you will!) and don't forget to report back to us about your wonderful experience!

I really just popped my head back in to say how assertive I feel wearing White Suede. This came as a complete, yet welcomed, suprise!

Wordie ~ with you 100% on the Winter Olympics! You know how people have dreams of flying?...well, I have dreams of ice skating. Gliding, spinning, flinging myself into the air ~ FABULOUS!

M. Micallef Shanti for the afternoon.

Still keeping kewart and family in my thoughts.

Love to Ms.Queen and Ms.Tao and Ms.H.

I was away from home for a couple of days and didn't pack much perfume; this morning I did a sort of Russian-roulette-rummage for half-used travel atomisers in my make-up bag and the first one I pulled out was Tam Dao by Diptyque (Hello house-twins! ). Unusually for such a random choice, I've been getting little jolts of pleasure from the scent wafting up at me all day. I smell a little bit like furniture and new musical instruments and stacking dolls and for some reason today that's perfect. I love, love, love this scent.

Wordie - I wish I could be there with you! If you manage to make one, please post pics on Facebook!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I'm enjoying C&S original Dark Rose from a sample given to me by scentemental. Very, very comfortable.

I wound up in Bath & Body Works' Coconut Lime Vebena bath & body stuff today. I've been feeling a little down (nothing serious, just the January drearies) and needed something uplifting. I forgot that this has a whiff of sweet caramel to it, to my nose anyway, or maybe that's just how I'm perceiving the coconut. I don't know what my SotE will be, maybe more of the same. I'm in no mood for anything serious.

Another day in Dzongkha for me.

Equipage (Hermes)

SotE is INeKE Field Notes From Paris

top notes

Coriander Seed, Orange Flower, Bergamot
    heart note

Tobacco Flower, Tobacco Leaf, Patchouli, Cedar
    base note

Tonka Bean, Leather, Beeswax, Vanilla

Hello, Kewart. Thinking of you today. Brave lady to be back at work ... hope it helps a little. xx

Ubu: how scrummy do you smell in that White Suede? It's just lovely.

Am in Cuir de Lancome today. It's lasted ever so well, and kept me smelling great through six hours of teaching.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/