Code of Conduct

Default Byredo -- Baudelaire

The unisex Eau de Parfum rests on the following notes:

Top: juniper berry, black pepper, caraway
    Mid: incense, hyacinth, leather
    Base: papyrus, patchouli, black amber
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Default Re: Byredo -- Baudelaire

I love this one. I tried Rose Noir first, nicely done but no sillage. The rest of the Byredo line does not appeal to me, but once again, nice scents, just not for me.

When I tried Baudelaire, I was quite alarmed at the sharp citrus notes. But the dry-down is just heavenly. Very masculine and sexy. Proves that sexy does not always come in a musk. One of the fav scents I have.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Byredo -- Baudelaire

Baudelaire is another fragrance from Byredo that seems very common. I cannot understand this brand, who they want to fool? They charge 200 dollars for 100ml of a fragrance that seems like the ones you can buy at a discount from regular commercial brands, with the same quality and for a price which is 1/4 of the price they charge. There's nothing wrong with the aroma, it's another spicy fragrance, which combines the aroma of juniper and black pepper to a soft incense and a base dominated by amber. It does remind me of fragrance from a local brand here, called O Boticario. Nothing that can resemble in anything the poetry of charles baudelaire -the name doesn't connect in any moment with the fragrance. The only positive thing here is that it doesn't smell like a house product - like their Byredo Blanche, which is the worst of this brand for me.