Code of Conduct

Default Cologne for a cruise/vacation?

Hey, Jack here, long time lurker first time poster. I was wondering which colognes out of my collection would be most suitable for taking with me on a cruise or vacation. I'll list my opinions on all of them, I like each of them differently:

Giorgio Armani - Acqua di Gio - very fresh, generic, like it

Abercrombie and Fitch - Fierce - same as above but with more sweet notes and musk added

Laura Biagiotti - Roma Uomo - very sweet and unique, could be a candidate

Versace - Eau Fraiche - last vacation I went on I took this. I like it, but it's too discrete and ended up smelling like high end shampoo or soap. Might end up taking it again.

Diesel - Fuel for Life - one of my favorites, I don't know if i could handle it in the heat though.

Chanel - Allure Homme Sport - similar scent as first two, a little more floral. Love the top but i feel like it dissipates too quickly for it to remain fresh in the heat.

I'm 17 by the way if that gives any important information. Bringing two is always possible, but one is optimal for me. Opinions? What would you guys take?

Default Re: Cologne for a cruise/vacation?

Versace - Eau Fraiche

is great for a vacation and I have no idea how anyone could find it discrete as its sillage is killer. I always get compliments on it.

Really, though, all of those are great for a vacation IMO. So I'll give the same advice I always do...go with what you like.
    Last edited by Pappy; 9th December 2009 at 10:49 PM.

AdG or the Versace

FYI Allure Sport is more favorite "fresh" frag.

I think you'll find Allure Homme Sport will transition well from day wear to night.

Enjoy your vacay.

I wore Diesel Fuel for Life almost exclusively on my Fiji holiday & felt it suited it perfectly. It works well in the heat, I'd just go easy on it during the day. Plus now every time I spray it, it reminds me of Fiji!
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Fierce
    its really hard to dislike
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Quote Originally Posted by Hasupk@gmail.com View Post
    Fierce
    its really hard to dislike
    Its decent, I find others than he mentioned will last longer tho...

Both Roma Uomo and Allure Homme sport have a great longevity and also class, but hey might be perceived as to heavy by some.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! Just to clarify, I'm not going on a vacation any time soon, I'm just curious to see opinions of people who are much more experienced than I am. Keep them coming!

Order some 3ml vials and make decants and take all of them! You can wear a different frag each night that way.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Dependent

From that list, Acqua di Gio.

The first scent that popped up in my mind when i saw that title was - Lacoste Essential. a nice citrusy, fresh scent.

from your list, i would carry both Laura Biagiotti - Roma Uomo & Chanel - Allure Homme Sport

Enjoy your cruise !

I have the Versace and love it, i'd recommend the Allure or Versace

I would recommend packing the Allure Sport. That is probably the most versatile of the bunch, although I'm not familiar with all of them. The ADG wouldn't be a bad choice if you were hitting a lot of "beach" ports. Also, keep in mind that almost all cruise ships have a floor devoted to shops and boutiques. In every cruise ship I have been on there is always a fragrance shop with testers galore. They will be mostly designer but there is usually enough variety to keep it interesting. I always bring a few niche scents in 3ml decant spayers and save those for evening wear.

From your list, I would bring the Allure Sport also.

What I'd really do is order a decant of Creed Virgin Island Water and be loving life on a cruise!

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

If you only take one and wear it often, you may well start suffering from olfactory fatigue - where you smell it less and less, apply more and more to compensate, and have people around you wondering how come you're drenching yourself in it.

Any two will do, so long as you rotate.
    Or save the Roma Uomo for night time, and a fresh one for day time.
    Renato

Chanell Homme Sport offocurse , no competition with this one ....

One cool thing I've noticed is that Fuel for life, Roma uomo, Allure sport, and even Fierce can double as both a fresh scent for day wear and a sweeter scent for evening wear. This could possibly make it easier to choose one fragrance to take, although it is still really hard for me to choose between them, cause I'll end up taking one and then wanting to wear a different one the next day. Decants sound like a good idea :P

Olfactory fatigue is an interesting concept, but I still spray the same amount because of being aware of it.
    Last edited by Jack103; 11th December 2009 at 09:02 PM.

Basenotes Plus

From your list Allure Homme Sport. I'd recommend sampling Creed Erolfa and Hugh Parsons Blue in the meantime.

Yeah, like most have already said, Allure Homme Sport is probably the best choice. I find it really verstaile with it working well in cool-ish and warm temperatures but I also think it's an excellent fragrance wearing at night too when the temperature is still pretty warm.

You should also maybe try Davidoff Cool Water. A really underrated aquatic fragrance IMO and it's quite cheap too.

From you're list, Allure Homme Sport