Code of Conduct

Default Rochas Man or Clinique Happy

I'm debating which cologne to purchase for my gay 18-teen-year-old nephew. He likes sweet stuff like Givenchy Pi , and citrus stuff like Issey Miyake.

I'm not sure which one to get, since I can't return stuff if I buy it from Fragrancenet.

I also thought about purchasing Gaultier 2, but I think that might be too feminine?
    Last edited by bigshooter313; 6th December 2009 at 01:11 PM.

Default Re: Rochas Man or Clinique Happy

I say Rochas Man. I regret ever buying Clinique Happy. Yeah the reviews and comments on Happy are all good but Happy is just so synthetic to me. I wore it a couple days ago actually and I got a slight headache wearing only two sprays. Not to mention Rochas Man is probably one of the top gourmands still!
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    I have a harder time choosing my cologne more than choosing the clothes I'm going to wear.

Another vote for Rochas Man.

Rochas Man of course
    but Gaultier 2 is also very good

rochas man!

Happy is a very nice, light natural, summery citrus and green scent. It doesn't last very long. Rochas Man is nauseating to me and causes me to have headaches. Pi does this as well so he'll probably love Rochas, Le Male or Joop!.

If it were me I would choose something else entirely. Find out what his favorite scents are. Favorite fruit, flower, spices etc. and go from there.

I like Rochas Man, but I think it would be more than a little disturbing to me if I were 18 years old and my uncle gave me that bottle.

I'm leaning towards DKNY Be Delicious

I was going to say Rochas Man and then I read that You are leaning toward DKNY BD.....I would still go with Rochas Man.....but that's me.....DKNY is more of what an 18 year old would want.....Gary

You know us gays love the gourmands! lol
    But yeah I just ordered Rochas Man for my roommate/ex-bf. It's a beautiful fragrance to my nose..silky and smooth, not overly sharp and sweet..great longevity/sillage..compliment WARRIOR..yeah it speaks for itself ;-)

Merge his two loves and get him Hanae Mori. It's a gourmand with a fat, citrus note on top. The EDT is stronger on the citrus than the EDP.
    I refuse to sink.

Hanae Mori sounds very interesting, but is it better than Rochas Man? The reviews seem to favor Rochas so much lol

Prada Amber Man, Cristobal, and Creed Virgin Island Water also seem like good choices, but I dont know if an 18-year-old would like Creed.

Sur la Plage

I think Rochas Man is a good choice.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MassMenace View Post
    You know us gays love the gourmands! lol
    yeah, i was gonna say - does being gay really mean we have a tendency to be drawn to gourmand stuff?

for the record, i'm gay, and would take something uber-masculine, woody/spicy like Sequoia any day over something gourmand like Rochas Man.

. . . and as i defend my love for the dry manly woods, ha, i will also say DITTO to the Hanae Mori HM lol.

i've compared Rochas Man to Hanae Mori HM, and HM was much more pleasant and sophisticated. RM seems to get almost too sweet and vanilla-like - like you're literally sniffing a bar of white chocolate, not milk or dark chocolate. it's almost cheapy, drugstore vanilla or french vanilla room spray. it doesn't have any bones to it.

HM on the other hand smells much more complex. that earthy lavender/lemony blend at the top and the middle florals, really spikes the scent and makes it sparkle. it's def 'one of those' gourmands (i.e. A*Men, Cristobal etc), but this one is the most elegant to me, and def has niche like quality for a designer price. the chocolate here is deep yet feels like its a floating sheet on top of the base of amber and cedar - how's that for a visual?

The EDP is a great too. it's a bit more rounded out and smooth. The EDT still is beautiful in comparison, but has a hazy kind of static fuzz feeling compared to the EDP.

that being said, i would be *gay lisp* DAZZLED! - if my uncle was thoughtful enough to get me HM! hahaha
    Last edited by sbbbjm; 10th December 2009 at 03:13 AM.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by bigshooter313 View Post
    ...and Creed Virgin Island Water also seem like good choices, but I dont know if an 18-year-old would like Creed.
    I can see an 18 year old enjoying many of the contemporary Creed offerings, VIW is one of them!

sbbbjm..thank you.

now i need to think about AMEN too. lol

But it appears like the overwhelming majority say Rochas Man, so I think i cant go wrong.
    Last edited by bigshooter313; 10th December 2009 at 05:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sbbbjm View Post
    that being said, i would be *gay lisp* DAZZLED! - if my uncle was thoughtful enough to get me HM! hahaha
    Of all people my dad actually really liked HM when I spritzed a bit on his hand!

None.

I sampled rochas man and it was way to strong and feminin for my taste.

I own clinique happy and the first 30 seconds are great. makes you smile. Very clean smell but lasts only about 10minutes. Don't buy.
    D&G The One / YSL Rive Gauche / Paco Rabanne XS Black / Gucci Envy

He also likes the 2008 "Gucci by Guicci", go figure...