Code of Conduct

Default Le Male too much for a teenager?

I'm 15 and go to high school, and my original choice for this cold winter in Canada was Le Male, but now I'm having second thoughts. I don't want my guy friends to be like wtf is that stench, but I want girls to notice it. Thanks.

Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Le Male too much for a teenager?

You could succumb to peer pressure or you could be original and define yourself. Make your own fashion statement, if you like it wear it.

Default Re: Le Male too much for a teenager?

try spraying less and u'll find the right dose.

Just go easy on the trigger and you will be fine. Try one squirt at first. It's a great frag, just don't overdo it. Bfree

I'm 19 and wear Kouros.

I say go for it.
    "Easy on the trigger" = great advice because Le Male can be way too overwhelming if overdone

Sure, just no more than 4 sprays (and no more than1 - 2 on a hot day!) with this one!
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

It's probably too much for anyone

Welcome to basenotes man. In your stay here, you will do well to avoid highly opinionated responses such as what you just received.

I've never worn Le Male because I don't like it. But I never wear more than two sprays of most colognes, as I'm usually in a class or group setting. I've been "that cologne guy" when I was in high school so I suggest not going over 2 sprays with Le Male, but you might be better off at just one spray for how powerful I remember it being.

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Yeah_True View Post
    I'm 15 and go to high school, and my original choice for this cold winter in Canada was Le Male, but now I'm having second thoughts. I don't want my guy friends to be like wtf is that stench, but I want girls to notice it. Thanks.
    Max,

I do feel that Le Male is surely too much for someone at school, at your age. Maybe, moreso for going out in the evenings and the like. Still, there are much better options

Give some other fragrances a shot. May be much better for versatility and still can please the gals :

Azzaro Visit
    Ungaro Apparition Homme Intense
    Roberto Cavalli Black...this one is pretty cool smelling
    YSL Body Kouros ...easy on the trigger, though. Nice in the cold winter.
    John Varvatos
    YSL La Nuit De L'Homme

I guess you didn't really ask for other recommendations, but I think those would be better options than Le Male.

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    You could succumb to peer pressure or you could be original and define yourself. Make your own fashion statement, if you like it wear it.
    Haha sure, make an original statement with Le Male.

YSL La Nuit De L'Homme

this is a good alternative that I really like. Sweet and sensual, but not as much as a sillage monster as Le male so you wouldn't choke your classmates.

If You like JPG wear it.....just watch how heavy You put this one on.....And welcome to Basenotes.....Gary

Cool Re: Le Male too much for a teenager?

Quote Originally Posted by bokaba View Post
    It's probably too much for anyone
    Damn, bokaba beat me to it!

Le Male, if one follows its advertising campaign, is probably a good bet for a gay waterfront bar.

If one smells it, it seems like an overdose of tonka beans and diabetes. But what the hell, I was young once and wore Chaps, so I can't cast the first stone.

Max, you can wear it but I think you'll grow out of it. I know none of us here are concerned with what our friends think of us, since we're all so worldly and mature that we don't have any.--Just kidding.

Other winter choices that will get you noticed and won't cost an arm and a leg:

1. Roma Uomo by Laura Biagotti
    2. Naw, never mind, just get the Roma. You'll find it online.

Another problem with Le Male---besides the scent---is that it's become too popular, like Joop! or Acqua di Gio or Fierce by Abercrombie & Fitch or anything by Curve or Axe.

Of course there are those who love these, along with Le Male and Chaps.

Live and let live, and all that.

And Max, welcome to the madness!

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

You could just get Cuba Gold which I don't think is quite as cloying but basically exactly the same for 1/10 the price.

If you're open to other considerations: Versace Dreamer. Or Rochas Man. Or Angel Men Pure Malt - my mom even liked that one.
    Last edited by makeitrainharder; 11th December 2009 at 04:42 AM.

BINGO

My little brother is 14 and has been wearing nothing but Le Male since last Christmas and he says he get's compliments all the time. Smells great on him, so why not?

What I do is, 1 spray on 1 wrist, then gently put the wrists together to have the scent on both (DO NOT RUB), and it's fine.

I made the mistake of putting 2 sprays on each wrist and one on chest, to make matters worse, I suffocated a few classmates (guys) in my class because I saw some people putting their hand or arm on their nose.

That was the most embarrassing moment ever, but one girl complimented me on it lol.

So yes, even for me as a college student, it's too potent with atomic strenght!

Basenotes Plus

I'll second Mario's choice of Roma Uomo. You won't smell like everyone else and it usually goes down well with the fairer sex..

Le male was one scent I never liked and I don't think I ever will
    Bvlgari Aqua is your scent of choice
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Sur la Plage

If you like it, then wear it.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I can only repeat what fellow Basenoters said before: wear it, as long as you enjoy wearing it.

My teenaged tutoree wears Le Male and it's so nice on him I've found my 10-years-older-than-him self having some inappropriate thoughts. /MrsRobinson
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

Yeah, sure, go for it. I think it's a good scent for young people. I enjoy smelling it (in moderation, on others ).

Don't worry about it not being unique. If you're in high school and nobody else there wears it, then for your purposes, it is unique. Chicks will dig it.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 11th December 2009 at 02:50 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

This is just from experience but....high school can be claustrophobic at times, and wearing a scent that's oh too strong for an enclosed environment can make the walls cave in!
    My suggestion would be to get John Varvatos. It's a very sweet vanilla/leather fragrance..cuts through the cold and doesn't make one duck for cover. I wore it in my senior year of high school and people loved it ..I mean people I didn't know would literally stand behind me and linger for a while.
    Here are some other suggestions
    Burberry Brit
    YSL L'homme
    212 Sexy<--Like Le Male, but much lighter.
    Perry Ellis 360 White<--yep, another JPG knockoff...again..lighter

All i can say is yeah, you sure can.

However, as has been pointed out, better choices include
    Body Kouros
    Dreamer
    Cuba

if you like the scent, go for it! But I'll also say what everyone has already said - easy on the trigger

I've had lemale and i'm 18, i did like it alot, but what i would choose over it would be either Dreamer by Versace or Burberry Brit

Quote Originally Posted by Metalica77 View Post
    I've had lemale and i'm 18, i did like it alot, but what i would choose over it would be either Dreamer by Versace or Burberry Brit
    and how about having them all?

smeller

Last edited by smeller; 12th December 2009 at 01:51 AM. Reason: I don't like Le Male