Code of Conduct

Arrow ***Fragrances That You Like, But Chemistry Doesn't Agree With You***

Lately I have been sampling alot of fragrances that I really like, but as soon as I sprayed on my skin, it either turned the fragrance into chaos, or rotten it.

Allure Homme (Love this one, but when it dries down, smells like egg yolks)

Armani Code (I know I know, smells good on paper but once applied, it smells way off and feminine!)

Versace Pour Homme (Last no more than 1 hr and it's gone!)

And

Ives St Lauren (black clear bottle) la nuit I think (THIS ONE TURNED INTO A HEADACHE INDUCING MAKE UP SCENT!!)

I don't understand, the very first time when I applied these fragrances, I thought my chemistry was fine, but after a while, it's like my skin didn't like the scents and teased me.

The funny thing is that when I tried Egoiste Platinum, smells exactly the same and doesn't change much, it's a good scent that I have been testing for 2 weeks and I think I came down to the conclusion my skin doesn't agree with SPICY ORIENTALS much.

I think I am just going to buy Platinum because I love the scent, last long, and doesn't turn rotten like others.

Default Re: ***Fragrances That You Like, But Chemistry Doesn't Agree With You***

Allure Homme Sport - lovely on paper, nasty on me.

Default Re: ***Fragrances That You Like, But Chemistry Doesn't Agree With You***

I may not like everything I try, but practically all fragrances I've tried smell true to themselves on my skin. If they smell good on paper I will usually like them more on skin.

Dependent

Other than longevity issues on skin, I've not had any particularly awful "skin chemistry" experiences, as far as I can remember...

Ditto...no "bad chemistry" problems here either. I either like them, or I don't.

Chanel Allure Homme

Davidoff Cool Water (but I don't care)

Acqua di Gio

I once had Givenchy Play go bad on me. It smelled like a mixture of puke and very old dish rags for a good hour or more. Luckily I was alone!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by sofresh View Post
    Ditto...no "bad chemistry" problems here either. I either like them, or I don't.
    Ditto ditto
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Bois du Portugal (Creed). So bad when even just a bit of perspiration emerges. Bah, don't even want to think about it. Maybe I should wear it someday naked in the snow.

:-)

Dior Homme.. smells great, but all I get is make-up on me.
    I have: Davidoff Relax, Dior Homme Sport, Boss Selection, Azzaro Visit, and Creed MI (will provide # on bottle for verification) available.

Looking for the following: DG The One, Himalaya, YSL L'Homme, John Varvatos (not vintage) Canali For Men or Paypal.

Parfumerie Generale Cuir d'Iris. Smells fantastic and I like it too, but my skin chemistry unfortunately gobbles up the 'Cuir' leaving me with only Iris

That's money saved I guess. Yeah babay.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Maybe off topic, but lately, most of the frags I won and like, seem to have longevity issues on my skin. I love them, my skin chemistry doesn't interact unpleasantly, erratically or disturbingly with my skin chemistry, yet seem to lack even minimal values of longevity, no matter how generous the amounts of frag I applied are.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    Other than longevity issues on skin, I've not had any particularly awful "skin chemistry" experiences, as far as I can remember...
    Same here. Maybe we have a neutral kind of skin chemistry or something like that.

Most frags I try on paper don't smell too different after I spray on skin.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Hermes - Bel Ami

Smells great on blotter and smells great on me but I get a rash from it.

Kenneth Cole - Black

Makes me smell like the inside of an old VCR player.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Maybe off topic, but lately, most of the frags I won and like, seem to have longevity issues on my skin. I love them, my skin chemistry doesn't interact unpleasantly, erratically or disturbingly with my skin chemistry, yet seem to lack even minimal values of longevity, no matter how generous the amounts of frag I applied are.
    same here