Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up So Pretty (Cartier)

Any fans? I don't see it mentioned very often...I recall someone, yet again, mentioning a dreaded reformulation. Whatever they currently have at the Cartier boutique smells great to me though.

Any advice on seeking out the harder-to-find EDP rather than the standard EDT?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Smile Re: So Pretty (Cartier)

Saks has it in EDP and in a really good looking bottle.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 12th December 2009 at 12:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: So Pretty (Cartier)

Seems as thought the edp is easier to find than I thought. I think this may be a good addition to my wardrobe.

I cannot recall this scent. Guess I should resniff.

It was the signature scent of my friend who loves Creed Love in White and B Boucheron so I was pretty sure I wouldn't like it lol

Post Thanks / Like

So Pretty is one of those perfumes that have been on my list, I have almost bought, but never did, along with Idole (Lubin) and Bulgari's The Verte.

I remember at one time there were a couple of limited edition flankers, one was a fruity one and another one was Rosee (?). The second one was very lovely.

I will have to re-smell and this time maybe I will get it, before it is discontinued or reformulated.
    Evenstar

Post Thanks / Like

I had this in EdP when it first was released. I never repurchased for one simple reason, it smelt very close to Nahema on me, so i just continued to wear Nahema.
    One of the nicer offerings from Cartier though.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Hillaire

This is the most perfect scent I can think of in the gentle, reigned-in, understated chypre genre. I am fan, so you can count me in. Though I would like to hear more about a reformulation... Cartier's new stuff is pretty pleasing on the whole. I still like Must and Panthere, for example, though I can tell the difference...

Post Thanks / Like

I was mentioning to N Tesla that to me, it has a lot of similarities with Parure, but I prefer it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    This is the most perfect scent I can think of in the gentle, reigned-in, understated chypre genre. I am fan, so you can count me in. Though I would like to hear more about a reformulation... Cartier's new stuff is pretty pleasing on the whole. I still like Must and Panthere, for example, though I can tell the difference...
    I used to LOVE Must, I had the older bottle in the burgundy leather sleeve! Panthere is one I have wanted to try....

Ok I will sniff So Pretty. I think the twee name turned me off, and the bottle was meh. I should know better now not to judge

Post Thanks / Like

I remember So Pretty from years ago. I always liked it, never owned it, always took the opportunity to sniff it when I saw a bottle. It was a fruity/floral, very classy smelling. Not fruity-floral like today, more in a chypre sense, as Hillaire mentions. The Cartier fragrance I really like is Panthère Eau Légère. That is a truly lovely green floral. I never see anybody ever mention it. I would love a bottle of it, but it's expensive and when I do go on the rare splurge I never seem to remember that one! Even my husband likes that one, and he dislikes almost every fragrance.

Post Thanks / Like

I went to Nordstrom yesterday and So Pretty is gone...It made me sad!
    Evenstar

Hillaire

I wore this again yesterday, and I can honestly say that it's as good a fruity chypre as 'Y' and has a lot in common with Amouage Jubilation for women, in its capacity to create the from-afar sillage of chypric, gorgeoussharpness, which so few chypres truly achieve.
    In short, it is divine, and disappearing quickly. It almost appears it's discontinued, not re-formulated. According to my Saks clerk, it's still in stock at some stores but not on order. However, stores that do not have it can "get it" from stores which do...

Finally, for those seeking this out, this is a scent that really smells different and better in the edp concentration. The edt almost loses its personality.
    Last edited by Hillaire; 16th December 2009 at 05:18 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Smile Re: So Pretty (Cartier)

Wow, varying opinions but, all positive so, I might just have to try this one. Sofresh, this is all your fault (LOL) you got me intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    I remember So Pretty from years ago. I always liked it, never owned it, always took the opportunity to sniff it when I saw a bottle. It was a fruity/floral, very classy smelling. Not fruity-floral like today, more in a chypre sense, as Hillaire mentions. The Cartier fragrance I really like is Panthère Eau Légère. That is a truly lovely green floral. I never see anybody ever mention it. I would love a bottle of it, but it's expensive and when I do go on the rare splurge I never seem to remember that one! Even my husband likes that one, and he dislikes almost every fragrance.
    In my research on So Pretty I have decided I want Panthere...what is the main difference between Panthere and the Eau Legere? Hard to find comparable reviews...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So Pretty - Basenotes list the notes as: mandarin, dewberry, neroli, iris, diamond orchid, rose, sandalwood, musk. I remember the dewberry was very prominent. The orchid was also fairly strong. It seemed on the sweeter fruity side.

If Legere is a tangy/green scent it would be much different, IMO. PS I have some (small amount) So Pretty for sale, if anyone is interested, PM me.
    Last edited by kumquat; 20th December 2009 at 09:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Was at Cartier today and So Pretty is no longer on display.

3x - Panthere - amber floral; Legere - fruity floral. Meh. Beautiful bottles though. The original is much (much) better, but nothing I'd run out and buy.

Post Thanks / Like

I got my So Pretty today from Beauty Encounter.
    Earlier in the week I got Le Baiser du Dragon. I know it is not very popular here, but the almond top note kept haunting me...
    Evenstar