Code of Conduct

Default Long lasting grapefruit fragrance ?

I got a sample of I am King... I know its hated on, but I actually find it refreshing..
    Unfortunately it disappears in minutes on me.. Can anyone suggest a longer lasting fragrance with a strong grapefruit note ?

I know Hermes has one, but as I remember it didnt last much longer on me either...

Any suggestions appreciated!

Default Re: Long lasting grapefruit fragrance ?

I think that you will find that grapefruit is a fleeting note.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

I gave up on my quest for long-lasting grape fruit. If someone know of one, I'll try it out for sure!

Everlast Original 1910, if you don't mind the leather and tonka in the base, which are also strong.

Bulgari pour homme EXTREME. The grapefruit lasts forever. Too long.

Dependent

+1 Bulgari Extreme. The grapefruit note is very noticeable - I really like it.

Agree with the above posts. Extreme pour Homme is doing very well here in Thailand.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Aquva Marine by Bulgari has SOME grapefruit in it. but I think only in the opening.

Creed's Zeste Mandarine Pamplemousse. Fresh, tart grapefruit with florals and a woody base. No true grapefruit is going to last long, though, and this is no exception, sadly. I have a sample of the oil and I get better longevity from that, although I've never seen full bottles of the oil for sale. Anybody?

Yes, I've been on this quest for a little while too.
    Hermes Pamplemousse Rose (Pink Grapefruit) basically dies within a half hour. I hear the same about Jo Malone's.
    The only one so far that I really like is Geurlain's Pamplelune, and it persists pretty well but there are some other smells mixed in there that some may not like.

What about something like Keihl's grapefruit oil? anyone tried this? http://www.basenotes.net/ID26129648.html
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 12th December 2009 at 06:09 AM.
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    What about something like Keihl's grapefruit oil? anyone tried this?
    Yeah, it's just OK - a smooth, abstracted white grapefruit without much rind, sourness, or punch. Kind of monotone and inoffensive. It is grapefruity enough that I probably would have identified it as grapefruit even if I hadn't seen the label, though.

I ended up washing it off after half an hour so I could try something else, so I'm afraid I don't know the longevity.

Czech & Speake's Citrus Paradisi

Apart from Bulgari PH extreme, What About Adam PH (now discontinued, but still sold by online retailers)

Aqua di Roma Uomo by Biagiotti is a very nice scent .

That same sparkling "Kumquat" accord is featured in Boss Pure, which is longr lasting than I Am King.

But if it's actual pink/orange Grapefruit you're looking for, try Fresh's Hespirides (a very slept on citrus scent), Creed's ZMP, Czech&SPeake's Citrus Paradisi, Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Nil, or if you don't mind more sour white grapefruit, try Hilfiger Athletics. I didn't particularly like Hermes' Pampelmousse Rose, but you might love it, so try that too
    Last edited by DULLAH; 12th December 2009 at 01:27 PM.

Post Re: Long lasting grapefruit fragrance ?

Balle de Match PdN. Graprfruit prominent throughout. Light woody drydown combined with incense. As with all her fragrances well blended, and a pleasure to wear.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Pampelune
    Hermes Eau de Pamplemousse Rose

Both last long on my skin with somewhat heavy application.
    Last edited by Asha; 12th December 2009 at 01:43 PM.

A second voice for Balle de Match. It actually lasts very well for a citrus frag, and the grapefruit note remains well into drydown.

Diesel fuel for life

Another vote for Bvlgari pour homme extreme and Bvlgari pour homme. Grapefruit and when you think about it, gin, (junipery). Very classy.
    jd

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Agree.

I always found Terre D'Hermes has a grapefruit-like-note when it turns a little sour, especially the pure parfum.

Balle de Match and Citrus Paradisi are both excellent.Some find CP a bit nasty and it may well be...

Diptyque Oyédo.

If memory serves me right, I think Aramis Life has Grapefruit in the opening

Floris Pink Grapefruit lasts a ridiculously long time. Almost longer than I want it to, I think.
    I'll also vouch for Jo Malone Grapefruit, although that only seems to last on me in the summer

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    I agree also. Not a good candidate for a blind buy, though...

Bvlgari PH Extreme is getting some love it seems... btw how long does it stay?

Floris Pink Grapefruit
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears." - Xerjoff Nio, Xerjoff 1861, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois EDP, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Creed Millesime Imperial, YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme, YSL Opium Pour Homme EDP, Comme des Garcons Kyoto, Acqua di Parma Oud, Slumberhouse Jeke, Xerjoff Fars and Xerjoff Gao

Balle de Match & Oyedo

Hermes Eau de Pamplemousse Rose

^^^ speaking of which, I'm looking at a bottle of Concentree De PR! I've never heard of this as an EdT before, anyone know what the deal is? It's a sample from the boutique.
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by MFJ View Post
    +1 Bulgari Extreme. The grapefruit note is very noticeable - I really like it.
    To add, this is definitely a sleeper. Zeste Mandarine Pamplemousse. I think it is under exposed. I didn't notice up till now that it's something from 1975, surprising because it smells rather contemporary vs. the likes of Colonia or Eau Sauvage. Straight-forward citrus scent with very decent longevity. If you like the zingy metallic/briny Creed feature, you'll notice a fair share here.

At times, Bulgari Extreme's grapefruit can be a little too sharp... still a really good creation applied just enough..

There was a period I was interested in grapefruit - this particular essential oil makes you smell younger, or so they say - and a favorite was the uni-note EdT from Comptoir Sud Pacifique. Do they still make that?

For some reason not clear to me, there seem to be a lot of men. especially men new to fragrance, who LOVVVVVVVVVVE citrus scents and seek a long lasting one.

Through endless threads here and in other forums, there would seem to few, if any, citrus scents with any sort of "citrus" longevity. But the BN suggestions above may fit the bill for OP.

From the posts above, Bulgari Extreme seems worth a sniff for sure.

Guerlain Homme l'Eau

Yet another hearty shout for PdN's Balle de Match... lasts surprisingly long and smells absolutely wonderful. Mine will be getting put through it's paces this Summer for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron199 View Post
    Balle de Match PdN. Graprfruit prominent throughout. Light woody drydown combined with incense. As with all her fragrances well blended, and a pleasure to wear.
    +1 Balle de Match...the grapefruit is strong and prominent, longevity is very good....though I don't like this fragrance very much (the grapefruit is a little too rich for my taste), if you're going for a straight grapefruit scent, this is it.

Biehl AL03

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Jo Malone I forgot the name though.

Cmax...

I've had the Kiehls grapefruit oil and it lasts a fairly long time and is easily reapplied. I'd add a recommendation for Pamplelune, and also suggest Calyx.

I like Lacoste Essential Sport (the one with the blue juice). It's the tartest, and sourest grapefruit note that I've ran across. Also, Lacoste is supposed to use some kind of new technology to make the top notes last longer in their Essential line and it seems to work. I'm not sure why this one gets some bad reviews, but for a long lasting, sour grapefruit, it's a winner in my book. (and I like it far better than original Lacoste Essential).

Also, I agree, that I Am King smells amazing. Celebrity scent or not, it is one of the most unique fruity/citrus scents on the market (thanks to the cranberry/tangerine accord). Also, I just got a compliment earlier this week while wearing I Am King. I will agree though, that longevity is really bad (far worse than Sean Jean's other great scent, Unforgivable). But I find that if I spray I Am King on my clothes as well, it does help to extend it's life quite a bit. Also, it is now finally hitting Marshalls/TJ Maxx, so it is finally reasonable in price (compared to it's longevity and how quickly you would use a bottle). But, longevity issues aside; Sean Jean's I Am King is still a definite buy in my book for a great, unique and very fun, sexy summer scent. (Smells amazing in 90 degree F plus days).

Cool Re: Long lasting grapefruit fragrance ?

1. Google Luckyscents

2. Look up Profumi del Forte under "brands "

3. Go to Forte plus Forte

4. Buy it blind for $195 and never read another of my reviews if you don't love it

5. Or better yet, send them $4 for a 0.7ml sample.

Grapefruit is one of the main notes but it does not stick out like a sore thumb unlike, for example, Nina Ricci's Memorie d'Homme which imho should have been titled Memorie d' Grapefruit

Instead this is a a well blended citrus scent.

For a citrus, it lasts forever, being EdP strength.
    I would describe it as 'tart' or bracing, not 'green' or coniferous or--

Aw hell, here are the notes:

Bergamot, lavender, tarragon, petit grain, grapefruit, Clove, jasmine, Florentine Iris, Oak moss, patchouli, Tonka bean, white musk

I'd review it but we only have 2 of this brand in our directory thus far, and this is not one of them.

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I agree also. Not a good candidate for a blind buy, though...
    Yep. Smells like a garbage dump.

Longlasting citrus - Versace Pour Homme

I agree about Bvlgari.