Code of Conduct

Default SotD Saturday 12 December

Good morning!

L'Artisan Timbuktu for me today, we're going to visit mother-in-law so an anti-stress scent is in order...

Have a most wonderful weekend.
    Last edited by tigrushka; 12th December 2009 at 06:20 AM. Reason: fatal error aka sotd bug
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: SotD Saturday 12 December

Have a lovely weekend !

Mitsouko for me .......
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Mystère Intense by Rochas

CdG Rhubarb Sherbert for me again. Crisp and fresh. This makes three Bertrand Duchaufour perfumes in my collection.

Have a lovely weekend, everyone.

Guet-Apens

I still prefer this 'old' lantern shape bottle over the newer release Attrape-Coeur.

Notes: Rose, Violet, Iris, Amber, Vanilla and Woods

Have a great start of the weekend and....stay safe and warm

The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Carlos Santana for Men.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Good "morning" all I finally get some time to log in.Today we're having my Dad over for an early Christmas dinner. We figured since this is the last weekend we all ( me,the bf and his son and my dad) are together before I leave for my mom, we should celebrate a bit early too. No gifts yet,though. I've been running around the house cleaning and tidying to make it look better. Sotd is Vol de nuit dabbed on sparingly ( to prevent my dad from getting an allergic reaction when he's here!) Hope all of you have a nice day!
    Last edited by ineespenes; 12th December 2009 at 12:31 PM.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Czech & Speake No.88 today
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Basenotes Plus

It's a bit grey and cold today so naturally I'm wearing Virgin Island Water
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Ajne Calypso.

Off to Wembley to see my partner play with Roy Wood, who are the warm up band to Status Quo. Got a £5 train ticket by an absolute fluke and am hoping to catch a lift back in the band coach. It'll be a long walk home otherwise!
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

LUV the juxtaposition of R's "classic" and Petruccijc's "modern" bottles....

Got RULLY cold here (for here) so I am bringing my nightly companion...

....out to play in the daylight. I think of this as more of a gourmand/oriental than a loukhoum but really it straddles all three categories. And, depending on the time of day, the weather and my spiritual condition it always comes off slightly different to the last time I wore it.

Go figure.

Anyway it's the perfect comfort scent for a grey and chilly day.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Have a lovely celebration Ines - happy Christmas!

Libertine - I like your thinking

VM - woot! Your Dearly Beloved gets to play 'I wish that it was Xmas every day' with the great RW? Faaaaabulous! Plus you get to enjoy the greatness that is Quo. You lucky thing! We saw them at the Reading Festival 25 years ago (when they weren't cool according to us young-at-the-time folks) and they were the hit of the weekend. I've appreciated their genius ever since.

We are The House Of Colds at the moment. Small Girl is deep in the pit of virus-laden feverish yuckiness and Big Man and I are tending to her every need while blowing our own noses. Bless her, Small has been really rough for the last couple of days, but I think she's turned the corner now.

I am trying a little sample I have been curious about for a long time: Alan Cumming's fabulously-named celebuscent. Cumming - The Fragrance. I like it. I would be very happy to give this to a male friend as a present; it's very well-composed and balanced between the fresher/ sportier style of things and a nice muskyish woodsyish comfortable back end. I like a comfortable back end.

Have a great day all.
    x
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Hi gang --

Happy Hanukkah to all who are celebrating!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULtglogZbR8"]YouTube- Nefesh B'Nefesh Hanukkah Flash Mob (Official NBN Release)[/ame]

Today I'm spending another day in Profumum Fiore d'Ambra . Love love love this stuff.

Fiore d'Ambra notes: Ambergris, opium.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Quote Originally Posted by libertine View Post
    It's a bit grey and cold today so naturally I'm wearing Virgin Island Water
    LOL, natch!

Riannon, your bottle & scent look & sound like the stuff dreams are made of. Perhaps I should be grateful I have not tested Guet-Apens....

Looking for some inner peace today, Guerlain Apres l'Ondee is always perfect for those times.

Eau du Sud - Annick Goutal
    Wishlist is pointless.

libertine, if you can't make the weather cooperate - then just ignore it. I see that you are

I'm in Shiseido Feminite du Bois. Lovely on it's own, but I still had a healthy trace of Gucci PH from last night, so I needed to blend - it's working sort of

Happy weekend to all. I'm off to battle the post office lines to mail my holiday presents. then just to sit back and wait to see if they actually arrive before Christmas.

Chanel No. 19 edp
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Not that I have just got up -- no, I got up before 5am -- if someone were to tell me 20 years ago that I would become an insomniac one day I would laugh at their faces and call them liars! -- and I have been making some notes in my fragrance journal, sniffed about 12 scents before I got fatigued. Took a long bath with two hot water refills, made a fish salad, argued with Mr.T about baritones as singing voices and about the non-existence of the ability to check the level to transmission fluid on most modern cars -- as if I know anything about this last one -- my morning is almost complete!

Hugs to the Wordbirds and their Casa.

Happy Hanukkah to everyone celebrating.

Finally put on something I am really into: white florals done in a lower octave, not Eugenie, Ms.R.! nor #22, Ms.S! not even Joy, Ms Tao! I have blue hyacinths perking inbetween the sea of white. I also got big leafy greens in mine. Plus: soft mosses and sweet woods. Ta-da! In Paco Rabanne Metal. We have a heat wave here: 16 degrees.

Howdies all around!

Catching up on office paperwork this AM, 31 Rue Cambon seems to soothe. I FINALLY received my Back to Black from LS, am anxious to put some on later today. I am almost embarrassed by how much I love it!

Good news from my son, who will be coming around Jan 8 to spend about 10 days here back home. I miss him, although I know that he loves his job and life in SF. I guess you're always a mother, even when they're all grown up! I only see him once a year, so this will be my holiday treat.

Hugs to all
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the YouTube entertainment, ComDiva. I was wearing Modern Iris all over the back of my hands yesterday p.m. until DD walked in and said, with a wrinkly nose and frown, “Somebody sprayed something.”

She and the BF will be here this afternoon to watch the latest “Terminator” DVD, so I’ve relocated the MI to the decant box. While reviewing the stash o’ decants, I applied some J-L Scherrer as my SOTmorning.

I did one of those fill-your-shopping-cart-with-samples-then-subtract-some-then-empty-cart sprees at the Dawn Spencer Hurwitz site last night. Haven't done one of those f-y-s-c-w-s-t-s-s-t-e-c-s’s in a long time. I think I may still go back and get samples of The Color Orange and Yuzu.

So sorry for the head-goo from which the Word Flock suffers (I know you Brits would see “flock” as plural and make that word “suffer,” but I speak American ).

Be well, stay warm, smell good, all!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Saturday 12 December

A great weekend for everyone

Patricia de Nicolaï 's the amazing

NEW YORK

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I'm in AG Rose Absolue today and ready to go shopping with my daughter!
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 12th December 2009 at 03:02 PM.

Vol de Nuit parfum and edt

Amouage Dia for the moment.

Have a great weekend!

Havana Vanille today!

Going uber-sweet with Posset's The Girls Love Vanilla. I love the honey notes.
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

Friday - DKNY Be Delicious
    Saturday - Fracas then Carnal Flower

a.m. the very last drop of my Osmanthe Yunnan sample....I'd love a full bottle of this.
    p.m. something cozier....vintage.L'Heure Bleue, perhaps.

Have a good weekend!!

Therese! Mine (Havana Vanille) just arrived, but I'm already wearing White Suede, by Tom Ford.

Basenotes Plus

Theorema Leggero EDT for this rainy Saturday

I've switched to Bvlgari Black for the evening. mmmmmmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka View Post
    ...L'Artisan Timbuktu for me today, we're going to visit mother-in-law so an anti-stress scent is in order...
    Smart girl, Tigs. A great combat-the-stress fragrance!

ComDiva, I enjoyed that video. I enjoyed the line, "Oy is just Yo spelled backwards." Yes, Happy Hanukkah to those who celebrate!

I'm testing Gris Clair in the name of research. I'm surprising myself, though. I like it!

Basenotes Plus

Happy Hanukkah to all who celebrate!
    Wordie, get well wishes to Small.

I can't smell anything thanks to a nasty cold, but I spritzed on Helmut Lang eau de parfum anyway.

Best to all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Testing PdNicolai's Vanille Intense on one arm this afternoon, due to my jealousy fit over Ubu's Havana Vanille arrival.

Am back from a wonderful, family vacation is gorgeously beautiful Bucerias, Mexico

Popped into a shop today to sample Cartier's Treizieme Heure. Reminds me so much of Chergui, only not as creamy.

Hope everyone's doing well!
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Much excitement here today, the Olympic Torch relay came through the city and my daughters saw the hunky Ottawa Senator Mike Fisher (hockey player, not policitian ) run past them downtown...after of course, they rescued a pigeon with a broken wing that I took to our local wild bird rescue out in the boonies. My girls are soft hearted angels.

SOTE will be Bois des Iles, perfect for dashing out with DH to see The Blind Side *packs extra tissues*

thank you santa!!

Going to one of those candle parties, someone selling something or other. I haven't scented myself today, so that I don't mistake my own fragrance for one of the things being sold. (If I buy, I want to know I bought it because it smells good, not me.)

Take good care, all.

Update: Party was fun, but I missed being scentless. I am now happily wearing Chanel Cuir de Russie. Cheers!
    Last edited by Leesee; 13th December 2009 at 04:43 AM. Reason: Typos, plus more to say

Basenotes Institution

3xasif - you lucky girl - you smell fantabulous !

Joy parfum vintage for me right now ...glorious ! Makes me think of Quarry !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

A day in Feminite de Bois....still pondering my evening.....
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

YSL Parisienne again.

Hebe's CdG Rhubarb Sherbert sounds really good, too.

Have a good night, all!
    Last edited by lilybelle; 12th December 2009 at 11:35 PM.

SotE is EL Knowing - revisiting a very old friend. It has been years, in fact, I was just testing to make sure it was still in good shape. why did I wait so long? It is still beautiful.

Pour le soir.....

....Don't ask me why I succumbed to a blind buy of this. Not sorry, ackshully...on me, after a brilliant opening of white flowers, a kind of gentled violet/hyacinth settles in over a light musky slightly cedar-y green. Very refreshing and a great buy at the price. It's been compared to Narcisco Rodriguez for Her which was much too strident on my bod and so I'm glad for this subtler (on me) take.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Basenotes Plus

Migraine today, so sorry for the flyby post. No scent, just some essential oils I blend together to help ease the pain.
    Quarry, I've done the same thing on DSH's website. They samples are just too irresistable.
    Wordbird, I hope Small feels better soon.
    Lesse, enjoy the 10 days with your son! How wonderful he's home for the holiday.
    3Xasif, your girls sound so sweet!

Must stop now...the head's pounding.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

RHM, I hope your headache passes soon!

My SotE is Coromandel, from a sample. Heavens, I may have found a second Chanel I can wear well (Beige was nice on me, too)!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Versace l'Homme tonight.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Polo Blue for Men by RL
    Gary

Tabu

Back from pizza with DH's grandma and Christmas light hunting, and now onto prepping brussels sprouts for The Big Dinner at my parents' place tomorrow.

How cool, 3x! I got to see the torch pass (don't recall who was running with it) back when I was a single digit. My parents, sisters, and I had lawn chairs set up along a little stretch of country highway, and I seriously thought people were going to come perform gymnastics and set up a swimming pool right there, lol! And yes, what kind girls you have. Good for them, rescuing the little pigeon.

Hope you all are having a lovely evening!
    Last edited by Sunnyfunny; 13th December 2009 at 03:05 AM.

Basenotes Institution

Nuit de Noel EdT by Caron (from a sample - thanks shadesofbleu)

I grabbed this because I wanted something festive & Christmas themed for a day at the mall Xmas shopping. While I can see the artistry behind this, I really have a hard time wearing many of the Caron feminines. This, like so many of them, just smells so...matronly on me. I was reminded of vintage Emeraude. And powder. Lot's of it.

Next time I give it another shot, I'm going to sample the parfum that I happen to have a sample of also.

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    Pour le soir.....

....Don't ask me why I succumbed to a blind buy of this. Not sorry, ackshully...on me, after a brilliant opening of white flowers, a kind of gentled violet/hyacinth settles in over a light musky slightly cedar-y green. Very refreshing and a great buy at the price. It's been compared to Narcisco Rodriguez for Her which was much too strident on my bod and so I'm glad for this subtler (on me) take.
    Lovely is a nice scent, Tao. I wore it continuously when I first bought it a few years ago; your post makes me want to give it another go.

Blog Entries

Hi all,

Today I tested Chypre Rouge on my right arm, with a comparative re-test of Datura Noir on my left.

VS

For those interested in this sort of thing, I also just started on a new soap, Caswell Massey Oatmeal Garden Soap, which I'm shamelessly using in the shower, far from any garden...

It's pleasant, but I'm not doing backflips for it.

(yes, I'm a soap samplaholic, too...)
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Sur la Plage

My SOTE was Guerlian Aqua Allegoria Winter Delice.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread