Code of Conduct

Default Fragrances for hair?

Any decent ones worth a mention?

I normally spritz my fragrance into my locks, but was just interested to know if any of those 'for hair' frags were any good?

Cheer

Default Re: Fragrances for hair?

What I am about to confess might sound disturbing and boorishly ill-mannered, and it might outrage fragrance, cosmetics and fashion enthusiasts but sometimes I happen to either deliberately or even involuntarily spray or dab one of the frags in my fragrance wardrobe, namely the respective SOTD i would use anyway on a particular occasion, into/onto my hair. And I guess that if it works with the frags I currently own, why not with almost any other frag too?
    Last edited by Ken_Russell; 12th December 2009 at 06:46 PM.

Oh good, I'm not alone then!

Tom Ford's Voile de Fleur had a hair perfume in that line that you spray right onto your hair. It was gorgeous smelling, imo, even better than the edp. I don't know if it's still being made, though.

I think quite a few people spray or rub a bit of their SotD into their hair. I read a recommendation somewhere of spraying your hairbrush with scent and then brushing your hair. I rarely brush my hair (talk about boorish, ill-mannered, and distubing, lol! Actually, I use a very wide-toothed comb), but I might be concerned about alcohol drying my hair over the long term. I like a little spritz at the nape of my neck, and I sometimes brush my scent filled fingers through my hair as well. I like to catch a whiff of my perfumed hair on the breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    Tom Ford's Voile de Fleur had a hair perfume in that line that you spray right onto your hair. It was gorgeous smelling, imo, even better than the edp. I don't know if it's still being made, though.

I think quite a few people spray or rub a bit of their SotD into their hair. I read a recommendation somewhere of spraying your hairbrush with scent and then brushing your hair. I rarely brush my hair (talk about boorish, ill-mannered, and distubing, lol! Actually, I use a very wide-toothed comb), but I might be concerned about alcohol drying my hair over the long term. I like a little spritz at the nape of my neck, and I sometimes brush my scent filled fingers through my hair as well. I like to catch a whiff of my perfumed hair on the breeze.
    I've not brushed my hair for nearly 2 years, hehe, as I have dreads (boorish, ill mannered and disturbing, beat THAT!). I wash them every 3-4 days, so nope they don't stink up the place.... however, I do have a sensitive scalp, and spraying perfume on my hair can sometimes cause major itchies!! When this happens I usually spray a little fragrance on my hands and run through the lengths.

With a 'for hair' frag, I though maybe I could avoid itchy scalp!

I love perfume in my hair. I always spray the hair in the nape of my neck. It holds onto the perfume and when I get a little warm, the back of my neck heats up under my hair and the scent is released on and off, all day. Love it!

Some perfumes have been made specifically for hair which is a great idea. Edt and edp have alcohol in them which can be drying to long (check!) or colour treated (check again) hair. Hair Mists have alcohol as well but are designed to be gentle to scalp and hair. Flowerbomb, Marc Jacobs, Clean, Angel and even Chanel No5 have all had/still have perfumed hair mists in their collections.

I wish every line had one, or that there was a hair mist that you could customize with your own perfume
    Last edited by Jane Daly; 14th December 2009 at 03:36 AM.
    beauty guru & perfume whisperer
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

It's funny, my hair is my most favourite place to spray perfume.... not sure why!

Guerlain used to make a "lotion vegetale" that was for hair, I believe. I've seen some classic Guerlains on ebay in this formulation.

Interestingly, I find that my Suave Salon Shampoo for Colour Treated hair (cheeeeeeep!) has some similar notes as L'Heure Bleue. So, there!
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

Eva Pasco

It's a given with me--spritz the nape of my neck so my hair will be scented. I much prefer doing this with fragrances having floral and/or crisp notes vis a vis Elizabeth Taylor's Gardenia as an example; Terranova's Tuberose or Gardenia, for that matter. I would probably opt not to spray my hair with a fragrance such as Angel because it would be too much for me.

I Spritz My Hair Too LOL

This thread is quite useful,haha.
    I usually spritz my hair as well...I love it when there's a little breeze outside and I can feel the scent in my hair
    Last edited by Serenity*; 29th January 2010 at 09:04 AM.

I use an unscented product in my hair that adds shine called Redken Glass. When I wear perfume oils I mix some of the scented oil into Glass before putting it into my hair. Not only does the scent last longer in my hair than it does on my skin, but just like Serenity* said, when my hair gets caught in a breeze there's much more sillage.

I use a scented highly shampoo from Syria sometimes too. It contains aloes (oud) incense, wood, saffron, damask rose, jasmine and ambergris. The scent is amazing and lasts all day. In warmer weather I often use Paul Mitchell Tea Tree and Mint shampoo and conditioner. The scent only lasts for about two hours though.

I have Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific shampoo too but I don't like using it because my hair ends up looking too stringy. Another product that others seem to like but doesn't work for me is Oscar Blandi Jasmine Oil Serum. It's a great scent and a very nice hair oil, but it gives me a headache.

Socalwoman, that Syrian shampoo sounds truly amazing. Do you have the name of it? Also, if you happen to know an online source?

Addicted to Cocoa Mademoiselle.. I'm just so addicted to it.. The fragrance is perfect anywhere I put it..

Quote Originally Posted by iez View Post
    Socalwoman, that Syrian shampoo sounds truly amazing. Do you have the name of it? Also, if you happen to know an online source?
    The seller I bought it from is no longer active on eBay. He'd been having his brother mail it from Syria (it's his family's business). Although I haven't seen a retail internet source for it, if you know anyone who travels there or lives there they may be able to pick some up. Also, there's a Contact Us thing on the web site: http://www.alahliah-ok.com/index.html
    Last edited by socalwoman; 1st March 2010 at 01:42 PM.

Eva Pasco

I will either dab or spritz my scent of the day behind my ears and on the nape of my neck for my hair to pick up the fragrance.

I've always wanted to try the Tom Ford Black Orchid Hair Perfume, but at the cost, I'm a bit hesitant. It's more cost-effective right now to use a teeny spritz of the fragrance itself.

I really want the Caron hair scent based on Parfum Sacré called Brume Sacrée.

I never use my perfume spray on my hair. I often use spray next to my ears to have a nice smell.

Dior's J'Adore has a hair mist as well, i don't know if the other scents have any.

When choosing a fragrance for hair, one has to be careful. Most fragrances have alcohol (more than in most hair products), and can extensively dry out the hair, and cause the cuticle to lift, and eventually break the hair. If you are using hairspray, choose one that has a scent you enjoy, rather than putting more than one alcohol-filled product on your hair. There are MANY of hairsprays on the market, and surely you can find one that has a scent that "speaks" to you.

These are not hair fragrances but fragranced hair products, but I do love Lush Daddy-O shampoo and Retread conditioner which both smell of violets. I always use them when I'm going to wear a scent with violet notes.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

I use Japanese Body Incenses I rub onto scalp,hair when the body heats up during the day it smells so good.
    JapaneseIncense in Frisco sells them.

:these are my favorites:

Yamadamatsu - Gokuhin
    Shoyeido - Tokusen
    Baieido - Zukoh

Scent Of Samahdi powder
    (Scent of Samahdi website)

I was looking online for a product to scent my hair recently and came across something called Pure & Petal Hair Perfume (www.purepetal.com). Their products sound very nice as described on their site. . . .

When my hair was long, I used to comb Nadina's Cremes into it on occasion. Now, mind you, I didn't wear any fancy coiffure, just tied it back in a low ponytail, but I found that it softened and released scent over a nice period of time. I got the idea that it might act like the scented beeswax cones people in Ancient Egypt would wear. I have no idea if the results were similar- I don't remember being around in Ancient Egypt!- but it was definitely a nice effect.

My hair's also ridiculous-dry so I don't know how it would work for people with normal or oily hair.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/281969-Montale-Amouage-Gengis-Khan-Musk-Oils-Micallef-Manufacturer-Samples-etc."]Pure Havane and Misc Samples[/URL]

[URL="http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=696"]What's this, an offsite link to more sales?[/URL]

L'Occitane's range of hair products includes a spray-on serum and a couple of protective mists. I bought the mists simply because I liked the scents used!
    I noticed that one UK website customer's testimonial for the Repairing Serum mentioned the relief they got from itchy scalp after using a sample of the serum, so any BNers with a sensitive scalp might seek out a sample and see whether it helps?