Code of Conduct

Default Just how long can I keep a 100ml bottle before it goes bad?

There are some scents I like but know if I buy a 100ml bottle it will last me years and years (and years), so I've always gone for the 50ml.

But now money is tight and I know 100ml is much much better value, so just how many years can I keep something? Will it go bad eventually, or will it basically keep indefinitely?

Default Re: Just how long can I keep a 100ml bottle before it goes bad?

Quote Originally Posted by jcw View Post
    There are some scents I like but know if I buy a 100ml bottle it will last me years and years (and years), so I've always gone for the 50ml.

But now money is tight and I know 100ml is much much better value, so just how many years can I keep something? Will it go bad eventually, or will it basically keep indefinitely?
    I really think, from your description of 100ml last years and years, that you are better off buying 50ml bottles, even though the price/ml seems a better deal on the bigger bottles. They will keep a very long time, even if not stored ideally, but may have subtle changes over many years. I sprayed a scent that I had owned for over 10 years, and not stored properly (kept in bathroom with humidity and some light) just last night, and it was fine. But I wouldn't trust that always will be the case.

Also, "going bad" may be just a matter of changes, but often a frag. is still fine to wear.

This may not be much help but I've held onto bottles for years and still found it to smell good. I say just test it and if it smells okay, go ahead and use it.

I would keep the fragrance in a "dark and cool" place. Like that it should last for a very long time (if it has a sprayer). Never let the fragrance in the car or other places where it could get warm and sunny.