Code of Conduct

Default Is Chanel 19 Edt very different from the extrait? Love the extrait +

but wondering if I can get away and like the edt enough.

Default Re: Is Chanel 19 Edt very different from the extrait? Love the extrait +

Chanel No 19 edt, edp and parfum are quite different from each other. I don't think edt is comparable to the parfum, but you might feel different.

Default Re: Is Chanel 19 Edt very different from the extrait? Love the extrait +

The EDT pales in comparison. You might like it, but I don't find them to be the same fragrance.

Tott, thanks for the reply. I was hoping to save some pennies and get the edt or edp. I find that Chanel has fragrances where the variation from edt to extrait is slight such as Bois des Isles and Cuir de Russie, but looks like all 3 variations of 19 are very different from what I've read so far.

BdI and CdR extraits are quite different from the EDTs as well!

No.19 extrait is quite different than the EDT. I find the EDP to be a pleasant cross between the two, and is more economical than the extrait.
    Last edited by Asha; 13th December 2009 at 10:16 PM.

I love the extrait and have no use for the EDT or EDP at all.

When I want a scent that reminds me of No. 19 but for some reason don't want to wear No. 19 (maybe I want something lighter, or I want to spray for some reason) I wear Cristalle EDT.

Quote Originally Posted by Schnauzer View Post
    but wondering if I can get away and like the edt enough.
    It's for sure you won't know until you try it, even after reading a million reviews..............

For what it's worth, I prefer the EDT over the other concentrations.

I just tried the EDT and EDP, and I personally prefer the EDP.