Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: SotD Monday 14 December

Today I've done the last bit of shopping for Christmas presents. Sotd is Crystal Noir. Oh And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Scentsibility!!!
    Currently wearing: Kenzo Amour by Kenzo

Thumbs up Re: SotD Monday 14 December

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Roberto, I fear you've set a new standard in excellence! Dare we beg you to post music to accompany a BNer's daily reading of SotD on at least a semi-regular basis? I love the notion that music and mood accessorize this reading experience. Thank you over and over.

Oh, that Boston group, flaunting their attractiveness. How you do seduce us with your friendliness. I will try to emulate Tao and not envy debborah and Leah. I do pity Pomander though—so close and yet so far?

Coconut, I'm sorry to hear you're STILL suffering.

Coconut … I'm wearing, in the form of Chopard Casmir. I wish I could mix the parts I like best about Cadjmere and Casmir. Cadjmere's topnotes are amazing and interesting, its heart notes confuse me, but the drydown's divine. Casmir is too sweet and foody upfront, but also has an amazing drydown.
    Thanks very, very much. I try to do my best to make Basenotes more artistic than it is.....
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes
    Currently wearing: Lui by Mazzolari

I'm in Borneo 1834 and reveling in patchouli/cocoa powder. Whee! I tried Theorema again recently and it was a lot better than I'd remembered. I think I may just be maturing. Either that or my hormones are on the fritz and it's warped my nose (hey- it happened when I was pregnant, so it makes sense to me). (No, don't get excited - no chance of more baby birds since they took me in and 'fixed me' this summer.)

We have a massive spike of freezing weather from Russia zapping us here in Middle Europe and the thermometer is not predicted to ever rise above zero this week. Snow is forecast for the weekend. SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!! I love the cold! WAY better than being hot and sticky. Finally, my chance to wear some of my Enormous Jumper Stash.

Hugs to all.
    x
    Last edited by Wordbird; 14th December 2009 at 02:46 PM.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Blog Entries

Guerlain - Chamade
    Like hyacinths in the snow - crisp, cool floral elegance.

Notes: Turkish rose, ylang ylang, jasmine, lilac,
    blackcurrant bud, lily of the valley, hyacinth, cassis, galbanum,
    sandalwood, vetiver, vanilla, musk, amber, iris, tonka bean.
    Last edited by kumquat; 14th December 2009 at 02:51 PM.
    Currently wearing: Truth or Dare by Madonna

Hello everyone, and thanks for making this thread such a feast for the senses!

I'm in L'Arte di Gucci....a gorgeous, passionate and discontinued floral (rose) chypre, this one from the early 90s. I've had the same big bottle since its release, but I very recently was able to back-up my supply so I can actually fearlessly and lavishly enjoy it again, and that's what I'm doing!

You all have a great week!

Wow, music, glorious images, the Boston get-together report, and good moods all around!

I'm wearing the pillow-soft beauty that is Note Ambree. In a good mood but still wishing I could have slept in for a couple of hours!

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERTO View Post
    Thanks very, very much. I try to do my best to make Basenotes more artistic than it is.....
    Roberto, how could I have not commented on the music of the morning Afterall, look at my user name! Of course, it is after my cat, but my cat was named after the instrument - and the mellow, calming beauty it produces and the mood it evokes.

Thanks again Roberto!
    Currently wearing: Theorema by Fendi

Mauboussin (Mauboussin)

Happy Birthday to Scentsibility!!!:bounce:

Testing By Kilian Liaisons Dangereuses today (from a generous tester via a generous BNer). So far, so very much like!

Have a lovely day and take care, all.

Basenotes Institution

Patchouli by Mazzolari (from a sample - thanks Graffham)

Yep...patchouli. Deep, dirty, strong, linear.

Nice.

ScentBro - so amazingly cool that your perfumer doppelganger made a scent just for you. :bounce: :bounce:

That just sounds like the neatest surprise EVER!!!!
    (please ignore that tad hint of jealousy in my voice )
    -------------------------------------------

Possets Silver Carnations for me today.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Blog Entries

Sounds like a wonderful time in Boston. Thanks for sharing the details with us. Lovely!

SOTD: Agent Provocateur

Rec'd a bottle from an MUA swap. I chose it unsniffed, and it is/was perhaps my best gamble yet. Beautiful.

Home this morning (what's left of it!) with my little girl. No kindergarten today - she has a fever but seems like no other symptoms? Odd. She's also not quite as active as usual...

Boston- where I was born. Really enjoyed reading about the exploits of the area folks.

SOTD = Enjoying the spicy warmth of Caron, Nuit de Noel
    Currently wearing: Bronze by Ellen Tracy

Chanel No. 19

Happy birthday, Scentsibility!

A cold and drizzly day in Yorkshire so opted for Parfumerie Generale's Cadjmere to warm me up.

Basenotes Institution

Giving SL Chergui one more chance. Last one.

Boston, MA -- you are great! Q -- you said it all "How you seduce us with your friendliness".

Tao -- I know I am going to say something sacrelige -- but I like Essential (red) more than the regular one.

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Polo this AM and into PdN New York tonight. Seamless transition..
    "Are you a god?"
    "No"
    "Are you a wizard?"
    "No"
    "Are you a man?"
    "No"
    "Then what are you?"
    "I am awake.."

Rainy & blah here so I decided on some vintage Tweed by Lentheric during the day, will probably switch to Yves Rocher Neonatura Cocoon later.

heart of ice

I'm wearing Cuir Améthyste today.

Sending happy birthday wishes to Scentsibility
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Lolita Lempicka for me this evening.
    Currently wearing: Theorema by Fendi

Blog Entries

Went through my day in Opium Fleur de Shanghai and ending it in Crepe de Chine
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Blog Entries

Smile Re: SotD Monday 14 December

Evening............Ambre Gris.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    ....Tao -- I know I am going to say something sacrilegious -- but I like Essential (red) more than the regular one.
    ....don´t see it listed in the directory. Is it worth hunting down....(there should be a question mark there but my keyboard is acting up.)

Anyway am spending the evening in another of Carlita´s samples...this is Michel Germain´s SEXUAL...Japanese Living Osmanthus, Freesia, Jasmine, Neroli, Bulgarian Red Rose, Cinnamon, Myrrh
    Last edited by TaoLady; 15th December 2009 at 01:10 AM.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Polo Blue for Men by RL
    Gary

SotE, more Vent Vert, but kicked up the girlieness a notch and went with the middle formulation.
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

Blog Entries

I was Truly Pink today.
    Mapping the memory one scent at a time

Patchouli Narcisse sounds FABULOUS--two of my favorite notes in one place! It goes on my test list pronto

SotD was Dior Homme and SotN is Helmut Lang EDP. I also own HL in parfum, and after wearing the parfum as SotN fairly frequently in the last few weeks, I find that the EDP seems much more angular in comparison. As a result, the parfum seems more intimate and quiet, the EDP seems more energizing.

Blog Entries

Yesterday evening, I managed to step on and destroy my sample of Serge Lutens Un Bios Vanille. In cleaning it up, I managed to smear enough on myself to count as an evening wearing, so I guess it goes here...

Today for work, I wore the Serge Lutens version of Feminite du Bois...

...followed by an evening in Santal Blanc.

Oh, and consider me jealous of the nice off-computer friendship you Boston folks have, and Happy Birthday to Scentsitivity!
    Last edited by rogalal; 15th December 2009 at 04:05 AM.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??
    Currently wearing: 28 La Pausa by Chanel

Ah, hello darlings

Once again i am bringing up the rear, so to speak. Always the last to the daily part, so it seems.

I will just elaborate on all the wonderful things shared by my fellow Bostonian BNers. Yesterday was a small glimmer of heaven on earth. The joy of Indian buffet on a sunday morning with such dear friends and two fabulous new ones, Deborah and Leah, is hard to top. But let me tell you the conversation was so fabulous and stimulating that we could have been eating McDonalds "Big Breakfast" and it would have felt heavenly.
    Seeing Chaya was wonderful beyond words, because even though we live less than 15 minutes away, by car, from one another, the craziness of life keeps us from seeing each other as often as we would like. She truly is the personification of all things warm, fuzzy, cozy and loving in this world. Bless her dear soul always.
    Of course ComDiva is like having the spirit of parties past and present and future roll in all at the same time; she is so full of life, joy, excitement and just a feel great person, well...to know her is truly to love her. Just make sure to fasten your seat-belt when she arrives.
    SMM is as always the jolliest and warmest snuggle-bunny to grace the earth and such a treat to spend time with, well it is always sad when it comes to a close. He really has such an exuberance and gusto it is hard to compare to anyone, or anything else.
    Leah was such a lovely, wonderful, witty, joy of a woman to meet, well i can hardly wait to spend time with her again.
    Deborah is truly a peaceful and tranquil, yet quite funny, soul that i could not help but enjoy watching her try on scent; when it really worked for her, you could tell she went to her Zen place. I am so looking forward to sharing another afternoon with her, hopefully soon.

Now as for Neil and David, well i could just sandwich snuggle with those two all day long and talk shop, and of course sniff till i found Nirvana; they both always smell sooooo delicious and make me feel so well loved. I have known Neil for many years and he is just the most wonderfully delicious huggable bear in the world, i'm a tall gal and he makes me feel like a little pixie being enveloped in the embrace of a fragrant wood. I just adore him as a person and as an artist i am always in utter awe of his creativity.
    Now as was mentioned, the fragrance that was inspired by SMM is a treasure to experience. It literally made my eyes roll back in a swoon that was palpable. The Patchouli Narcisse is "the" creation of this year. Guerlain be damned with the muck you present us. I came home in a cloud of Neil's newest potion and even hubby and mam started to swoon. Not to mention that i started the day in Takashimaya, and doused myself with: Le Parfum d'Odette, Zephyr, Le Parfum d'Ida, Moulin Rouge (mama wants this one very badly now) and a bit of Le Parfum C'est ma Vie and drop of Vanille Rosé. So as you can see, i (who am the vintage lover extraordinaire) am so enamored of Neil's fragrances cannot begin to tell you how much i adored having them all in one place at one time. Now, truth be told, i do not love all of his scents wholeheartedly, his Café is not my cup of tea, do you like the pun. Bu that is only because i am not a coffee lover. I will say though, if coffee could taste as pleasant as the scent smells, well maybe i would become a coffee lover.

Hope i have not rambled too much.

Last night's scent was Prowl by Neil, a masterpiece of our times

Today's scent was a gift from a sweet Channukah Angel and it was Rêve Indien by Fragonard. It is one of my favorites, so i was clicking my heals all day.

Tonight i am in another gift from a sweet BNer, it is the new Francis Kirkdjian Cologne pour le Soir and it is "FABULOUS". It is so soothing and so relaxing...well it lives up to its name.

I have droned on enough now, love and hugs to all and HUGE thanks to all my darlings who i spent one of my best days with (in ages) yesterday. mwah!!
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post

Guerlain - Chamade
    Like hyacinths in the snow - crisp, cool floral elegance.

Notes: Turkish rose, ylang ylang, jasmine, lilac,
    blackcurrant bud, lily of the valley, hyacinth, cassis, galbanum,
    sandalwood, vetiver, vanilla, musk, amber, iris, tonka bean.
    A beautiful picture Kumquat- you and N_tesla make me want to try Chamade.

Happy Birthday Scentsibility

I'm playing Time Traveller agin because it's Tuesday for me... Joy parfum vintage for me. Deep ,lush and indeed joyful stuff !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.