Code of Conduct

Thread: Havana Vanille!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Havana Vanille!

Has anyone else been waiting and waiting for Havana Vanille to appear? It had been due in the stores in mid October, but there were evidentally manufacturing difficulties. Well, I made my regular call of inquiry to Aedes yesterday, and Miguel said they were just unpacking! He is holding a bottle for me! I am so excited!

Default Re: Havana Vanille!

Quote Originally Posted by Therese View Post
    Has anyone else been waiting and waiting for Havana Vanille to appear? It had been due in the stores in mid October, but there were evidentally manufacturing difficulties. Well, I made my regular call of inquiry to Aedes yesterday, and Miguel said they were just unpacking! He is holding a bottle for me! I am so excited!
    I'm waiting for a pre-ordered bottle from another vendor. Just e-mailed them and they think they will get the shipment next week. I'm excited, too! I hope we both love it!

Me three! Mine has not shipped yet, but I am hoping soon!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Have you all tried it before ordering? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by sofresh View Post
    Have you all tried it before ordering? Just curious.
    I did not, and I'm nervous because of the mixed reviews. I rarely blind-buy a bottle, but L'Artisan is my favorite house, and I'm choosing to be optimistic!

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't like it. :S

Yes, I had a ml tester. I liked it.

Post Thanks / Like

I sampled it, and ordered it almost immediately thereafter! The e-mail message from LuckyScent says it has finally shipped via FedEx...so now I'm a FedEx stalker!!!!!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's in stock at theperfumeshoppe.com for anyone wanting it in Canada.

Post Thanks / Like

It was just ripe bananas and woods on my skin, not as interesting as, say, PG's Felanilla.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Post Thanks / Like

Bendel's had a tester back in August, and with me it was a case of immediate desire. "I must have it," I declared to Linda, the SA. She put me on a special waiting list back then, but I will be in the Aedes neighborhood on Friday! The rum and smoke and vanilla were so intoxicating. And, as I visited Havana last February, the scent is truly evocative for me!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post
    I did not, and I'm nervous because of the mixed reviews. I rarely blind-buy a bottle, but L'Artisan is my favorite house, and I'm choosing to be optimistic!
    Then you're likely to love Havana Vanille. Same L'Artisan fleeting characteristic with full and complex development over time, but this time with much better longevity. The wonderful intoxicating vanilla drydown can be sniffed after 6hrs of application. But then again I have to say the sillage is "kind of" disappointing.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to hear what everyone thinks when it comes (and I hope it comes quickly!).

I tried a sample and did not like it on me at all. It just smelled off on my chemistry--that's the best way I can describe it. Then again, I'm not a huge vanilla fan. I had been hoping it was close enough to SDV to save a bit of dough on a bottle. It wasn't.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Cello and Therese, it's good to hear that two of the three of us were smart enough to try it first! This bodes well for me, actually, because I've noted that I share quite a few fragrance preferences with each of you. But then BlackCat and I share some, too. I almost never buy without testing first. I'm not sure what got into me!

Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    It was just ripe bananas and woods on my skin, not as interesting as, say, PG's Felanilla.
    This is a bit discouraging. Felanilla is on my wish list. You know I'm a fellow PG fan. I LOVE Felanilla!

Quote Originally Posted by cusut View Post
    Then you're likely to love Havana Vanille. Same L'Artisan fleeting characteristic with full and complex development over time, but this time with much better longevity. The wonderful intoxicating vanilla drydown can be sniffed after 6hrs of application. But then again I have to say the sillage is "kind of" disappointing.
    This, on the other hand, is encouraging. Sillage isn't much of a concern for me, and it's good to hear that the longevity is better than the average L'Artisan!

Crossing fingers big time.

Haunia, you will be fine. There is nothing here not to like. It is not a sweet, gourmand vanille, but yet has an austere vanille always in the background. There are banana leaves to sweeten it up and provide a nice bit of interest, while the tobacco leaves are also prominent. It does not drown you in sweetness, but yet lets you drift in interesting vanille takes on several different notes. It is not one to offend, at the very least. One to love if you like bitter sweet vanille. I also was in Hanana several years ago, scuba diving in Cuba. does it remind me of the smell of Cuba? No, not necessarily. But it is close in atmosphere and concept. A lovely fragrance. I plan to display it in front of a pic of me lighting a cigar in Cuba - concept memories of a unique and wonderful trip. And a fragrance that is not too bold, yet hits all the right accords for me. Wearable any day of the year, multi season, sweet enough, but yet resonates with an austere accord of interest. Hope this helps your buyers remorse fears. In short, you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    Haunia, you will be fine. There is nothing here not to like. It is not a sweet, gourmand vanille, but yet has an austere vanille always in the background. There are banana leaves to sweeten it up and provide a nice bit of interest, while the tobacco leaves are also prominent. It does not drown you in sweetness, but yet lets you drift in interesting vanille takes on several different notes. It is not one to offend, at the very least. One to love if you like bitter sweet vanille. I also was in Hanana several years ago, scuba diving in Cuba. does it remind me of the smell of Cuba? No, not necessarily. But it is close in atmosphere and concept. A lovely fragrance. I plan to display it in front of a pic of me lighting a cigar in Cuba - concept memories of a unique and wonderful trip. And a fragrance that is not too bold, yet hits all the right accords for me. Wearable any day of the year, multi season, sweet enough, but yet resonates with an austere accord of interest. Hope this helps your buyers remorse fears. In short, you will be fine.
    Thanks, cello! Bitter sweet vanilla sounds like what I'm hoping for. I hope you post a picture of your fragrance display. You haven't said, but you must be an artist?

Post Thanks / Like

Cello and Therese, it's good to hear that two of the three of us were smart enough to try it first! This bodes well for me, actually, because I've noted that I share quite a few fragrance preferences with each of you. But then BlackCat and I share some, too. I almost never buy without testing first. I'm not sure what got into me!
    Crossing fingers big time.
    H, I'll bet you'll do just fine with it. You and I do seem to like a lot of the same fragrances, but on the other hand, I think your tastes are more diverse. (I'm working on expanding my horizons.) And if worse comes to worse, I'll bet there will be people willing to take it off your hands!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    ...And if worse comes to worse, I'll bet there will be people willing to take it off your hands!
    Well THAT is true!

I didn't like it.
    Though it wasn't so much a question of the composition, but rather an unfortunate reaction of mine to a musk (?) or vanilla (?) aromachemical, which accurately mimics the particular scent of Barbie head. I've found it in more vanilla-musk concoctions that are very popular here, so I'm confident it's just me.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    Felanilla was the first thing that came to mind when I first smelled it. Although I have Felanilla, I did NOT like it because of an overwhelmingly sweet, boozy almost rotten fruity accord.

It didn't blow me away. It's decant worthy though, as are Tobacco Vanille and Spiritueuse Double Vanille.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Post Thanks / Like

It does not sit well on my skin, either -- similar to VA, I am drowning in musk -- not my absolutely favorite component in general and not going well with the type of vanilla Mr.D has chosen for Havana Vanille. Moreover, I do not get much of a cigar-Cuban-smokey feeling at all. A pure disappointment for me, a must try for eveyone else interested.

Post Thanks / Like

Imagine all of the delivery trucks heading out in all different directions this week, like the Willy Wonka trucks with the golden tickets.
    Sniff and let sniff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Some people love it, some hate it
    I can't wait to try this

on the 1 to 10 scale
    how smokey is it?
    [COLOR="Purple"]I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc [/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like

About 1.5 on me (0 being none).

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    Imagine all of the delivery trucks heading out in all different directions this week, like the Willy Wonka trucks with the golden tickets.
    What a mental image!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by veuve amiot View Post
    I didn't like it.
    Though it wasn't so much a question of the composition, but rather an unfortunate reaction of mine to a musk (?) or vanilla (?) aromachemical, which accurately mimics the particular scent of Barbie head. I've found it in more vanilla-musk concoctions that are very popular here, so I'm confident it's just me.
    Brilliant--that's exactly it on me: that plastic-y doll head scent! I couldn't come up with a descriptor for it, although I knew I didn't want to smell like it.

It would be interesting to figure out the culprit on our skins.Luckily, DH scored big and got me the Perfumer's Apprentice notes kit. So maybe I'll figure out. If I do, I'll let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Brilliant--that's exactly it on me: that plastic-y doll head scent! I couldn't come up with a descriptor for it, although I knew I didn't want to smell like it.

It would be interesting to figure out the culprit on our skins.Luckily, DH scored big and got me the Perfumer's Apprentice notes kit. So maybe I'll figure out. If I do, I'll let you know.
    Oh God! And I hate dolls! Now I'm nervous again.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh God! And I hate dolls! Now I'm nervous again.
    Reading about that plastic-doll note could be like the Kiss of Death for me with Havana Vanille... something I wouldn't have noticed until it was pointed out to me.
    Sniff and let sniff.

Post Thanks / Like

:bounce:WOOO HOOO! Happy happy, joy joy ~ HAVANA VANILLE just arrived at my door!!!!!!

You know what I'll be wearing tomorrow.....

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    :bounce:WOOO HOOO! Happy happy, joy joy ~ HAVANA VANILLE just arrived at my door!!!!!!

Tomorrow!!! Go scrub, apply and report to duty!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    Tomorrow!!! Go scrub, apply and report to duty!!!
    Torturous to wait, isn't it?!

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    Reading about that plastic-doll note could be like the Kiss of Death for me with Havana Vanille... something I wouldn't have noticed until it was pointed out to me.
    Oh, dear. Hope I didn't spoil it for you!

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post

So... what's the verdict? Enquiring minds want to know.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Post Thanks / Like

This was my post from the first day of wearing Havana Vanille ~

Well ladies & gentlemen, this is the day I've been waiting 2 long months to enjoy...

the day of wearing a full on spritzing of L'Artisan's newest Bertrand Douchafour masterpiece ( yes, I used the 'M' word! ) HAVANA VANILLE! To hell with the mundane and outright boring single note vanillas of the past, bring on the good stuff. The finest vanilla to be found, and send it to my nose in the company of rich rum, sweet & sheer clove, sun dried dates,apricot and rare honeyed Cuban tobacco! Let that vanilla breathe an undulating life throughout the entire evolution of a richly wooded elixir, and by all means, don't forget a pinch of musk in the finish! AHHHHHHHHHHH, now THIS is a vanilla fragrance! Not heavy, not cloying, not your usual vanilla...gosh I'm loving this stuff!
    I am sending good wishes for all who await their 'en route' bottles of this liquid gold, that not a single drop will be lost on their long journeys...and may their arrival be swift!
    Last edited by ubuandibeme; 15th December 2009 at 11:58 AM.

Yay, Ubu! I'm thrilled to hear that your bottle arrived and that you are LOVING it! :wave: