Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Ambre Gris by Balmain.

OK, after a while of trying many other fragrances I decided to make this evening an Ambre Gris event. You know absence does make the heart grow fonder. The list of notes from the fragrance directory: Pink Pepper, Cinnamon, Tuberose, Immortelle, Myrrh, Smokey Gaiac Wood, Benzoine, White Musk and Ambergris. Put these notes together and get IMO one of the most wearable, enjoyable slightly gourmand fragrances out there. Even the bottle excells. Unisex and passes the ummmmmm! test. I smell wonderful!

P.S. Ambre Gris layers well with other fragrance like Encre Noire. Many possibilities!
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 15th December 2009 at 12:52 AM.

Default Re: Ambre Gris by Balmain.

You DO smell wonderful!

When I smell Ambre Gris I think of Samsara, odd as there is no sandalwood in AG.....

Hm, I wonder if they would layer well together if carefully/lightly applied?

N Tesla, I totally agree with you. It is a beauty of a fragrance, and incredibly well blended in my opinion.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

yes, yes, you smell divine! Now stop talking about this scent (she types tongue firmly in cheek) because I want some and neither Amazon, Evil bay or Lucky Scent currently have it in stock. You have caused a run on it due your splendiforous review, me thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    OK, after a while of trying many other fragrances I decided to make this evening an Ambre Gris event. You know absence does make the heart grow fonder. The list of notes from the fragrance directory: Pink Pepper, Cinnamon, Tuberose, Immortelle, Myrrh, Smokey Gaiac Wood, Benzoine, White Musk and Ambergris. Put these notes together and get IMO one of the most wearable, enjoyable slightly gourmand fragrances out there. Even the bottle excells. Unisex and passes the ummmmmm! test. I smell wonderful!

P.S. Ambre Gris layers well with other fragrance like Encre Noire. Many possibilities!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Smile Re: Ambre Gris by Balmain.

3xasif; Yes, I think it might work. Just a little with your usual amount of Samsara would be a good test. Let me know how the experiment goes.

Quote Originally Posted by 3xasif View Post
    You DO smell wonderful!

When I smell Ambre Gris I think of Samsara, odd as there is no sandalwood in AG.....

Hm, I wonder if they would layer well together if carefully/lightly applied?
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 15th December 2009 at 05:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Smile Re: Ambre Gris by Balmain.

knit_at_nite; I have noticed that Balmain has tightened up distribution. I think N. Marcus and BG has it but, at $100. I just really liked this scent at first sniff.

Quote Originally Posted by knit_at_nite View Post
    yes, yes, you smell divine! Now stop talking about this scent (she types tongue firmly in cheek) because I want some and neither Amazon, Evil bay or Lucky Scent currently have it in stock. You have caused a run on it due your splendiforous review, me thinks.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 15th December 2009 at 05:08 AM.