Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Monday 14 December

Good morning!

Lovely Christmas postcard weather here, it's snowing. Completing the mood with SL Fille en Aiguilles

Have a marvy Monday, all!
    Last edited by tigrushka; 14th December 2009 at 05:04 AM. Reason: fatal error aka sotd bug
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Monday 14 December

Iris Poudre - Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle
    Wishlist is pointless.

Basenotes Institution

Mitsouko - a mixture of vintage EDP ,new extrait and vinatge EDT. Have a good day everyone and keep warm !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: SotD Monday 14 December

Nahema by Guerlain.

I'm having a Vol de Nuit week, so: current VdN parfum.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Monday 14 December

Fantastic Monday and week for everyone

Annick Goutal and Isabelle Doyen 's

SABLES

The perfume of Annick Goutal's husband, the Frecnh Cellist Alain Meunier

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2GFcL1aCI"]YouTube- Alain Meunier Bach Sarabanda Suite II[/ame]

Notes of : Wild immortal scents, vanilla, Mysore sandalwood, Indonesian and Madagascan pepper
    Last edited by ROBERTO; 14th December 2009 at 07:01 AM.
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Wearing AL Hong Kong Garden as I head for bed; I may reapply when I awaken. Happy Monday, everyone!

Basenotes Plus

Shalimar EDP
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

KNIZE TEN from a sample. I love it!

Eau de Shalimar

MdO Jabu again today. So glad I got this.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

L'Interdit (new), again. Lately my perfume wearing has been increasingly monomaniac. When I get into one, I wear it for days on end. Quite a nice way to get to know a fragrance and its behaviour actually. I've discovered new nuances to this one.

Meanwhile, at work, I am completely in love with tobacco absolute and have to do something with it, somehow.

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Giorgio Beverly Hills for Men.

Top Notes: Orange, Carnation, Cinnamon
    Middle Notes: Patchouli, Amber, Vanilla
    Base Notes: Benzoin, Honey, Moss

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

I had the most marvelous weekend but the highlight was Sunday and the Neil Morris pop-up store in Boston.
    The day started by meeting up with my Boston group for an Indian brunch. ComDiva, Brielle87, chayaruchama, and special guests debbbora and Leah from New York who spent the weekend in the lovely embrace of chaya were there.
    Brunch was what it should be passionate perfumistas pontificating on personal preferences in perfumery. A lot of alliteration for a Monday, I know.
    I love my Boston peeps but meeting debbora and Leah for the first time was a lovely treat.
    Soon we finished eating and we headed into town for the reason we had all gotten together.
    Neil Morris had all of his Vault fragrances out to be sniffed and the opportunity to finally say I've sniffed all of his catalog was perfect, for me.
    I found two that worked amazingly on me; Spectral Violet and Dark Season.
    The personal piece de resistance was Neil calling some of us over to premiere a new one. In the intro he mentioned that it was inspired by one of us and then he said because of my love of his use of narcissus in my favorites in his line he had created Patchouli Narcisse. I was floored but then I was swooning as this one was made for me because well I guess it was made for me.
    Once again the narcissus sings on my skin but there is a black tea and dark fig to go with the narcissus that really make this awesome on my skin. Incredible afternoon of sniffing surrounded by my friends. The Holidays just don't get better.

Back to work today in something I just felt like wearing this morning.

Le Labo Rose 31

Cumin is one of the most controversial notes used in perfume. Some people find it reminds them of sweat and it turns them off immediately. I am in the spice loving camp and because I grew up around Cubans, who use cumin liberally in their style of cooking, I have a different olfactory relationship with cumin.

The 2006 release by Daphne Bugey for Le Labo, Rose 31 is one of my favorite cumin fragrances. If you're wondering why a fragrance named Rose 31 is a cumin fragrance, welcome to the rabbit hole that is Le Labo where the titular note is not always the most dominant note and in this case is just one of 31 ingredients. Mme. Bugey has created a spicy incense laden fragrance that just happens to have some rose in it.

The top of Rose 31 begins with that cumin note right out in front and it is rich and gorgeous. Mme. Bugey chooses to flank the dirty cumin with two of the cleaner wood notes available to aperfumer of cedar and guaiac. I feel this has the effect of keeping the cumin more balanced and less likely to remind one of sweat and more likely to keep it on the spice side of things. Of course that expereince will be different for everyone. Incense joins the cumin and woods to make the top of Rose 31 a beautiful beginning to my nose. The heart opens with the green rose aspect of cistus before the full spicy rose accord begins to predominate. Just as the rose begins to feel safe Mme. Bugey takes another sharp turn as a very medicinal oud appears followed by vetiver and musk. Just as in the top the flanking notes keep the oud from getting to be too much and dominating the final phase of development.

Rose 31 has excellent longevity and sillage on me.

Rose 31 is probably Le Labo's most complete fragrance and all 31 ingredients add up to one spectacular experience.

Have a Magnificent Monday everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

The soapy clean Il Profumo Musc Bleu. Crisp & fresh. I know when I start *not wearing* something I love, it's time for another bottle...

I rarely do this...

Second day wearing Havana Vanille,

Happy Birthday wishes going out to Scentsibility

Only one week from today, my little family of four will be having fun in the sun, vacationing in Florida, Key West & Cozumel! I can hardly wait! I've got some recreational reading prepared as well, "Jitterbug Perfume" rec. by Sloan, "The Perfect Scent" rec. by SMM, and "The Gospel According to Chanel" - my own pick!

Am eagerly anticipating the arrival of Havana Vanille upon the doorsteps of some fellow basenoters...fingers crossed!

Happy Birthday, Scentsibility !

Good morning, SMM !
    The Patchouli Narcisse was indeed a glorious surprise, and smelled luscious on your skin ;-)

Neil and David had a very good turnout, and the format they came up with was excellent.

SMM is being modest...
    We had the most amazing time together, all of us !
    I hadn't seen Brielle or Com.Diva in the longest time; but it felt as if no time had elapsed.
    I just love sharing food and seeing everyone enjoy themselves...SIGH.

Josephine also showed up- easily the most elegant female I've ever seen.
    Pomander- we missed you !

[ Jarvis bumped into us in Harvard Sq. the eve before, and then again at Neil's event.
    God, how I love that man. ]

I wore Feminite de Bois vintage parfum yesterday, and AL Cafe Noir to bed.
    I think I'll repeat the Cafe Noir !

I don't think I'll ever forget this w/e.
    It was SO full of love and good will.

Like a little dog awaiting the beloved's key in the lock, I was so eager for my guests to arrive !
    Nothing made me happier, than to see them eat, wake up in the fuzzy pj's I'd folded on their bunkbeds...
    All of us under the comforter, drinking my B's good coffee.

Onward and upward, my friends.
    All who ail- be healed.
    Last edited by chayaruchama; 14th December 2009 at 12:00 PM.

Good morning!

I'm wearing Jicky edt today.

Basenotes Plus

Happy birthday, Scentsibility!

Chaya and SMM - thanks for the recaps! I'm sure a fabulous time was had by all. Photos, please!

Sotd is Habit Rouge. It's been a long time since I last wore this and it's even better than I remember.

Wishing all a good start to the week!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Sounds like you guys had a great weekend, and SMM now has his own signature scent!

Frapin 1270 for me today.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Today I'm in Yardley English Rose.

I had forgotten how much I like this-- I really must wear it more often!

Roberto - that Bach was the PURRfect way to start my day!! Many many thanks....

And 3XAsIf that pic is fab - especially with your description of the frag it references....

And didn't the Boston contingent have a great w/e??!! Fortunately am spiritually correct and free of envy this ayem Sort of. And congrats to SMM on his signature 'fume. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving BNer!! Thanks to you all for the sharing.

I'm starting the day in the generous sample of Yohji Yamamoto Essential ... (many thanks to Carlita for this)

The nose is Jean-Michel Duriez - who has done several Patous, including one of my faves - Sira des Indes. Essential is a rose chypre over subtle musk with a hint of skank that speaks of cumin...a simmering beauty with depth and staying power.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SCENTSIBILITY!!!

Roberto, Bach's cello suites are among my favorite music in the world... thank you so much for sharing!

Lemming SMM and Chaya!!! It was such a glorious Sunday! Debborah and Leah are both absolute delights - How lucky are we, to know (and meet) such generous-spirited people? But then, they came to us courtesy of Chayaruchama, so how could they be otherwise?

Marvelous also to see Jarvis and Josephine, however briefly... And SMM (and Neil Morris by extension) is/are being modest about Patchouli Narcisse - smelled unbelieveable on its inspiration, and really good, albeit very different, on the rest of us as well! (doing a little happy dance and setting off my silly light-up shoes...)

Y'know, I don't think we broke out a single cell phone or camera. Sorry, guys!

Right. SoTD. First full wearing of Six Scents No. 5, the only one of the original six to really perk my nose up. I find No. 5 to be a comforting and reasonably interesting spicy rose. It opens fairly quickly on my skin, and I'm enjoying the interplay of the sparkly of aldehydes and pepper with the creamy rose and musk. This is a very nice cold-weather rose!

No. 5 notes: Bergamot, Aldehydic, Pepper, Nutmeg, Rose, Benzoin, Olibanum, Cedarwood, Musk.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Happy Birthday Scentsibility
    Still sick from the flu, wore Smiley fragrance.

Love that photo, 3xasif, We've had a bit of weather like that lately. I love it! People complain about our winters, but I'd take a year of cold and clear over a month of hot and muggy!

This thread is a thing of beauty this morning...I've been reading and imagining your beautiful scents with Roberto's musical video clip playing in the background. I have to say that that gorgeous cello piece has me wishing I'd worn L'Heure Bleue today, it just seems to fit the same mood to me....

But, as I am wearing a bulky cashmere cable sweater in vivid spring green today, I had to go with Vent Vert (1947 version).
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Roberto, I fear you've set a new standard in excellence! Dare we beg you to post music to accompany a BNer's daily reading of SotD on at least a semi-regular basis? I love the notion that music and mood accessorize this reading experience. Thank you over and over.

Oh, that Boston group, flaunting their attractiveness. How you do seduce us with your friendliness. I will try to emulate Tao and not envy debborah and Leah. I do pity Pomander though—so close and yet so far?

Coconut, I'm sorry to hear you're STILL suffering.

Coconut … I'm wearing, in the form of Chopard Casmir. I wish I could mix the parts I like best about Cadjmere and Casmir. Cadjmere's topnotes are amazing and interesting, its heart notes confuse me, but the drydown's divine. Casmir is too sweet and foody upfront, but also has an amazing drydown.
    Last edited by Quarry; 14th December 2009 at 02:22 PM. Reason: I'm just losing it!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Wow, reading the thread was a real treat this morning!

Big birthday greetings to Scentsibility!

SMM et al, living vicariously through your group meet report. Carry on!

Lian, I am a true fan of 1804. Only wish that top note would last for hours...

Chaya, Cafe Noir has always seemed very interesting to me, probably because of the coffee. I am hoping Serena gets back into full business again, so I can order me some, along with Beach.

I am luxuriating again in Back to Black by Kilian. Geez I love this stuff!

Q - :wave:

Good week to all
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Today I've done the last bit of shopping for Christmas presents. Sotd is Crystal Noir. Oh And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Scentsibility!!!

Thumbs up Re: SotD Monday 14 December

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Roberto, I fear you've set a new standard in excellence! Dare we beg you to post music to accompany a BNer's daily reading of SotD on at least a semi-regular basis? I love the notion that music and mood accessorize this reading experience. Thank you over and over.

Oh, that Boston group, flaunting their attractiveness. How you do seduce us with your friendliness. I will try to emulate Tao and not envy debborah and Leah. I do pity Pomander though—so close and yet so far?

Coconut, I'm sorry to hear you're STILL suffering.

Coconut … I'm wearing, in the form of Chopard Casmir. I wish I could mix the parts I like best about Cadjmere and Casmir. Cadjmere's topnotes are amazing and interesting, its heart notes confuse me, but the drydown's divine. Casmir is too sweet and foody upfront, but also has an amazing drydown.
    Thanks very, very much. I try to do my best to make Basenotes more artistic than it is.....
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

I'm in Borneo 1834 and reveling in patchouli/cocoa powder. Whee! I tried Theorema again recently and it was a lot better than I'd remembered. I think I may just be maturing. Either that or my hormones are on the fritz and it's warped my nose (hey- it happened when I was pregnant, so it makes sense to me). (No, don't get excited - no chance of more baby birds since they took me in and 'fixed me' this summer.)

We have a massive spike of freezing weather from Russia zapping us here in Middle Europe and the thermometer is not predicted to ever rise above zero this week. Snow is forecast for the weekend. SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!! I love the cold! WAY better than being hot and sticky. Finally, my chance to wear some of my Enormous Jumper Stash.

Hugs to all.
    x
    Last edited by Wordbird; 14th December 2009 at 02:46 PM.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Blog Entries

Guerlain - Chamade
    Like hyacinths in the snow - crisp, cool floral elegance.

Notes: Turkish rose, ylang ylang, jasmine, lilac,
    blackcurrant bud, lily of the valley, hyacinth, cassis, galbanum,
    sandalwood, vetiver, vanilla, musk, amber, iris, tonka bean.
    Last edited by kumquat; 14th December 2009 at 02:51 PM.

Hello everyone, and thanks for making this thread such a feast for the senses!

I'm in L'Arte di Gucci....a gorgeous, passionate and discontinued floral (rose) chypre, this one from the early 90s. I've had the same big bottle since its release, but I very recently was able to back-up my supply so I can actually fearlessly and lavishly enjoy it again, and that's what I'm doing!

You all have a great week!

Wow, music, glorious images, the Boston get-together report, and good moods all around!

I'm wearing the pillow-soft beauty that is Note Ambree. In a good mood but still wishing I could have slept in for a couple of hours!

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERTO View Post
    Thanks very, very much. I try to do my best to make Basenotes more artistic than it is.....
    Roberto, how could I have not commented on the music of the morning Afterall, look at my user name! Of course, it is after my cat, but my cat was named after the instrument - and the mellow, calming beauty it produces and the mood it evokes.

Thanks again Roberto!

Mauboussin (Mauboussin)

Happy Birthday to Scentsibility!!!:bounce:

Testing By Kilian Liaisons Dangereuses today (from a generous tester via a generous BNer). So far, so very much like!

Have a lovely day and take care, all.

Basenotes Institution

Patchouli by Mazzolari (from a sample - thanks Graffham)

Yep...patchouli. Deep, dirty, strong, linear.

Nice.

ScentBro - so amazingly cool that your perfumer doppelganger made a scent just for you. :bounce: :bounce:

That just sounds like the neatest surprise EVER!!!!
    (please ignore that tad hint of jealousy in my voice )
    -------------------------------------------

Possets Silver Carnations for me today.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Sounds like a wonderful time in Boston. Thanks for sharing the details with us. Lovely!

SOTD: Agent Provocateur

Rec'd a bottle from an MUA swap. I chose it unsniffed, and it is/was perhaps my best gamble yet. Beautiful.

Home this morning (what's left of it!) with my little girl. No kindergarten today - she has a fever but seems like no other symptoms? Odd. She's also not quite as active as usual...

Basenotes Plus

Boston- where I was born. Really enjoyed reading about the exploits of the area folks.

SOTD = Enjoying the spicy warmth of Caron, Nuit de Noel

Chanel No. 19

Happy birthday, Scentsibility!

A cold and drizzly day in Yorkshire so opted for Parfumerie Generale's Cadjmere to warm me up.

Giving SL Chergui one more chance. Last one.

Boston, MA -- you are great! Q -- you said it all "How you seduce us with your friendliness".

Tao -- I know I am going to say something sacrelige -- but I like Essential (red) more than the regular one.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Polo this AM and into PdN New York tonight. Seamless transition..
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Rainy & blah here so I decided on some vintage Tweed by Lentheric during the day, will probably switch to Yves Rocher Neonatura Cocoon later.

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Cuir Améthyste today.

Sending happy birthday wishes to Scentsibility
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Lolita Lempicka for me this evening.

Went through my day in Opium Fleur de Shanghai and ending it in Crepe de Chine
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Blog Entries

Smile Re: SotD Monday 14 December

Evening............Ambre Gris.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    ....Tao -- I know I am going to say something sacrilegious -- but I like Essential (red) more than the regular one.
    ....don´t see it listed in the directory. Is it worth hunting down....(there should be a question mark there but my keyboard is acting up.)

Anyway am spending the evening in another of Carlita´s samples...this is Michel Germain´s SEXUAL...Japanese Living Osmanthus, Freesia, Jasmine, Neroli, Bulgarian Red Rose, Cinnamon, Myrrh
    Last edited by TaoLady; 15th December 2009 at 01:10 AM.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Polo Blue for Men by RL
    Gary

SotE, more Vent Vert, but kicked up the girlieness a notch and went with the middle formulation.
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

I was Truly Pink today.
    Mapping the memory one scent at a time

Patchouli Narcisse sounds FABULOUS--two of my favorite notes in one place! It goes on my test list pronto

SotD was Dior Homme and SotN is Helmut Lang EDP. I also own HL in parfum, and after wearing the parfum as SotN fairly frequently in the last few weeks, I find that the EDP seems much more angular in comparison. As a result, the parfum seems more intimate and quiet, the EDP seems more energizing.

Blog Entries

Yesterday evening, I managed to step on and destroy my sample of Serge Lutens Un Bios Vanille. In cleaning it up, I managed to smear enough on myself to count as an evening wearing, so I guess it goes here...

Today for work, I wore the Serge Lutens version of Feminite du Bois...

...followed by an evening in Santal Blanc.

Oh, and consider me jealous of the nice off-computer friendship you Boston folks have, and Happy Birthday to Scentsitivity!
    Last edited by rogalal; 15th December 2009 at 04:05 AM.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Ah, hello darlings

Once again i am bringing up the rear, so to speak. Always the last to the daily part, so it seems.

I will just elaborate on all the wonderful things shared by my fellow Bostonian BNers. Yesterday was a small glimmer of heaven on earth. The joy of Indian buffet on a sunday morning with such dear friends and two fabulous new ones, Deborah and Leah, is hard to top. But let me tell you the conversation was so fabulous and stimulating that we could have been eating McDonalds "Big Breakfast" and it would have felt heavenly.
    Seeing Chaya was wonderful beyond words, because even though we live less than 15 minutes away, by car, from one another, the craziness of life keeps us from seeing each other as often as we would like. She truly is the personification of all things warm, fuzzy, cozy and loving in this world. Bless her dear soul always.
    Of course ComDiva is like having the spirit of parties past and present and future roll in all at the same time; she is so full of life, joy, excitement and just a feel great person, well...to know her is truly to love her. Just make sure to fasten your seat-belt when she arrives.
    SMM is as always the jolliest and warmest snuggle-bunny to grace the earth and such a treat to spend time with, well it is always sad when it comes to a close. He really has such an exuberance and gusto it is hard to compare to anyone, or anything else.
    Leah was such a lovely, wonderful, witty, joy of a woman to meet, well i can hardly wait to spend time with her again.
    Deborah is truly a peaceful and tranquil, yet quite funny, soul that i could not help but enjoy watching her try on scent; when it really worked for her, you could tell she went to her Zen place. I am so looking forward to sharing another afternoon with her, hopefully soon.

Now as for Neil and David, well i could just sandwich snuggle with those two all day long and talk shop, and of course sniff till i found Nirvana; they both always smell sooooo delicious and make me feel so well loved. I have known Neil for many years and he is just the most wonderfully delicious huggable bear in the world, i'm a tall gal and he makes me feel like a little pixie being enveloped in the embrace of a fragrant wood. I just adore him as a person and as an artist i am always in utter awe of his creativity.
    Now as was mentioned, the fragrance that was inspired by SMM is a treasure to experience. It literally made my eyes roll back in a swoon that was palpable. The Patchouli Narcisse is "the" creation of this year. Guerlain be damned with the muck you present us. I came home in a cloud of Neil's newest potion and even hubby and mam started to swoon. Not to mention that i started the day in Takashimaya, and doused myself with: Le Parfum d'Odette, Zephyr, Le Parfum d'Ida, Moulin Rouge (mama wants this one very badly now) and a bit of Le Parfum C'est ma Vie and drop of Vanille Rosé. So as you can see, i (who am the vintage lover extraordinaire) am so enamored of Neil's fragrances cannot begin to tell you how much i adored having them all in one place at one time. Now, truth be told, i do not love all of his scents wholeheartedly, his Café is not my cup of tea, do you like the pun. Bu that is only because i am not a coffee lover. I will say though, if coffee could taste as pleasant as the scent smells, well maybe i would become a coffee lover.

Hope i have not rambled too much.

Last night's scent was Prowl by Neil, a masterpiece of our times

Today's scent was a gift from a sweet Channukah Angel and it was Rêve Indien by Fragonard. It is one of my favorites, so i was clicking my heals all day.

Tonight i am in another gift from a sweet BNer, it is the new Francis Kirkdjian Cologne pour le Soir and it is "FABULOUS". It is so soothing and so relaxing...well it lives up to its name.

I have droned on enough now, love and hugs to all and HUGE thanks to all my darlings who i spent one of my best days with (in ages) yesterday. mwah!!
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post

Guerlain - Chamade
    Like hyacinths in the snow - crisp, cool floral elegance.

Notes: Turkish rose, ylang ylang, jasmine, lilac,
    blackcurrant bud, lily of the valley, hyacinth, cassis, galbanum,
    sandalwood, vetiver, vanilla, musk, amber, iris, tonka bean.
    A beautiful picture Kumquat- you and N_tesla make me want to try Chamade.

Happy Birthday Scentsibility

I'm playing Time Traveller agin because it's Tuesday for me... Joy parfum vintage for me. Deep ,lush and indeed joyful stuff !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.