Code of Conduct

Default Green Tea scent for men.

Hi everyone. How's everyone's december going ?

If anyone has noticed, I've ran into a little problem with Parfum1, and canceled i think 7 bottles of new frags that I've mostly sampled by the generous samples provided by you lovely basenoters (or SirSlarty to be exact) .

aaaanyway. I just smelled Elizabeth Arden Green tea on my little sister, and I think it smells great, kinda smells like a car fabric cleaner that I used to love, NTS7 (Sonax) it's a nice clean, crisp, sharp green tea scent.

I'm looking for one that's more masculine, although I think I could easily pull off EA Green Tea, but I wouldn't want odd looks from females since it's somewhat common for ladies around here.

The closest I have to it is Kenzo Power, which is mostly florals, but the tea note in it for me is very noticable. I'm looking for something maybe with a bit of citrus, but mostly tea. green, sharp, dry tea.

Any suggestions ?
    LF: CAP/LID for Creed Original vetiver and Creed Millesime Imperiale, 75ml. Please pm me.. Thanks!

Default Re: Green Tea scent for men.

I Also had a room freshener wich said it was a green tea scent, which kinda smelled like kenzo power, EA GT and the fabric cleaner I was talking about.

I'm not really sure if Kenzo power has tea in it, or just everything else that they accentuate "Green Tea" scents with. either way, I like the type. dry powdery green crisp scent, if that makes any sense.
    LF: CAP/LID for Creed Original vetiver and Creed Millesime Imperiale, 75ml. Please pm me.. Thanks!

i liked GT..i like EA Spiced green tea even more.

Green Tea scents, well turn to Bulgari; especially the eau series.

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post

oh yea, Im not sure if remember correctly though. is it eau vert? the one with green tall bottle. Thats a really nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post

What kinda spices are in Spiced Green Tea ?
    I'm a big pantry spice hater, I really do not enjoy cinnamon, nutmeg et al. I Wish I had fragrances like Dunhill Edition and Gucci Envy without the cinnamon and other spices. :\

I should really check out those Eau stuff from bvlgari. How's the longevity and sillage on those bad boys?

Spiced Green Tea is a drier and much more sharper version as opposed to the aquatic feel of EA Green Tea. it doesnt comes across as kitchen spices definitely no cinnamons/nutmeg. it's more of herbs and leafy accords.

The Bulgari Eau series performs pretty well on my skin. top quality scents.

djobeat: Yup! the names in this series always confuse me..

Blog Entries

L'Occitane has several green tea fragrances, and I even get a tea note from their Cedre which one should try under any circumstance.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

You should try Floris Cefiro, which is a rather soapy citrus scent with a green tea twist. It's not especially complex, and it does get some flak in the reviews for that. But as a nice, strong, uplifting citrusy-woody-green tea scent, it might be what you're after.

Also, I agree that Bulgari au the Vert is very nice, but you might find it just a bit sweet, since it seems that you're after a more masculine green tea scent.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Basenotes Institution

I think the Bulgari Green Tea Extreme is the best green tea - it's a bit more tenacious. One of Jean Claude Ellena's pre-Hermes classics.

I will agree with all those that recommended Bulgari. It's quite good. It is definitely on he unisex side, but not feminine.

All the L'Occitane green tea fragrances should be sampled. Their green tee with mint is an incredibly refreshing warm weather fragrance.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

Barney's Route de The is pretty good but I'm not sure about availablity for you.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I think the Bulgari Green Tea Extreme is the best green tea - it's a bit more tenacious. One of Jean Claude Ellena's pre-Hermes classics.
    Agreed. Extreme is less floral and a bit more masculine than the original. Also adding CB I Hate Perfume's Russian Caravan Tea.

If you liked EA Green Tea, you may want to try this tea scent for men Herbismo Te Verde:

http://www.beautyencounter.com/8410137065957.html

Don't know if it worth it to ship to your place, but it is a reasonably nice tea scent for pretty low cost..
    Last edited by moonrat; 15th December 2009 at 06:17 AM.

Bulgari scents (the vert or Extreme)

Quote Originally Posted by sofresh View Post
    Agreed. Extreme is less floral and a bit more masculine than the original. Also adding CB I Hate Perfume's Russian Caravan Tea.
    +1 on this one. Very nice.
    Evenstar

Second the recommendations for L'Occitane and Bulgari tea stuff. All very nice.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

I purchased au Thé Vert Extreme for my wife. It gave her a headache when she wore it. So now I wear it (in summer). She really likes it on me

I like Thé Vert au Jasmin by L'Occitane.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Roger & Gallet has a The Vert that is quite pleasant. It is citrusy, refreshing and uncomplicated---pretty typical R&G. I actually prefer the soap to the cologne.

Hi tea lovers , i'll mention Richard James "Savile Row"
    not a huge green tea powerhouse , but its in their & plays its part for a good 40-50% of its longevity .
    cheers

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

I tested L'Occitane's Green Tea scent this weekend and thought it smelled like some sort of generic hair conditioner.

Their Mint Green Tea is much, much better, and I recommend it.

I was also impressed by their Cedar scent.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

No one has mentioned Annick Goutal's Duel!

This has a very pronounced green tea top note. Lovely and subtle leather, too. But be prepared: this very beautiful scent has limited longevity and sillage.

http://www.annickgoutal.nl/en/fragrances/duel.html

http://boisdejasmin.typepad.com/_/20...e_revie_4.html
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

My mom gave me a sample of EA Green Tea on Sunday. I did a quick sniff, mainly to see if it was still fresh, since I've seen samples go bad. But yeah, I think I would like to wear some kinda green tea to work sometime, especially with summer winding down. I also see rhubarb listed as a note, so that really makes me wanna somehow make this work on my skin. If I decide it's just to femm for me, I don't know, I see myself maybe layering some cologne with it to make it work somehow. (I'm leaning toward Paul Smith Story or Hermes Eau de Gentiane Blanche).

I recommend you go check out the Bulgari line , they are famous for their signature tea scent.

I say check out the Bulgari PH and its flankers, personally i only have Bulgari PH extremme but i get a lot of compliments on it. At least one everytime i go out with it. Unfortunately on me, i only get a hint of green tea, and a bunch of sour grapefruit! Its a sweet aroma! Mayb your skin will get more tea?

Despite oolang being a black tea, I truly suggest Atelier Cologne Oolang Infini Cologne Absolue. It's a better blended Bulgari Pour Homme in my opinion.

I think Green Tea Extreme is pretty much the gold standard of the genre, but I also think any man could wear EA's Green Tea which isn't as remarkable as Bulgari's but a lot less expensive.

The Rodger and Gallet Green Tea mentioned above is great. Masculine, a but citrus, and refreshing.
    I went through a whole period of trying every green tea frag I could get and that one was my favorite.
    I never liked the Bvlgari tea scents.

-Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

I'd be great to test all these green tea scents, but I went ahead and placed a bid on ebay for a used bottle of L'Occitane Mint Green Tea.

Bulgari's is best .
    “love lasts a long time, but burning desire, two or three weeks.”