Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Tuesday 15 December

Good morning!

The temperature has stayed below zero and I have stayed with wonderfully wintery SL Fille en Aiguilles...

Enjoy your day!
    Last edited by tigrushka; 15th December 2009 at 06:03 AM. Reason: fatal error aka sotd bug
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: SotD Tuesday 15 December

Warm hugs to all in cold climates !

Today it's Joy vintage parfum extrait and a couple of sprays of Eau de Joy vintage.
    Have a good day everyone !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Vintage Vol de Nuit parfum (late 80's)

Crazylibellule and The Poppies ~ Chere Louise. It's quite a nice scent for something inexpensive.
    I love the design and I love that it memorializes Louise Brooks. She was a trendsetter for sure

[imglink]http://www.nstperfume.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/crazy.jpg [/imglink]
    Last edited by Makeup Maniac; 15th December 2009 at 06:54 AM.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Tuesday 15 December

Hello everyone, all good for all

Jean - Paul Guerlain' s the sublime

HABIT ROUGE

Top Notes
    Orange, Pimento, Basil, Bergamot, Rosewood, Lemon
    Middle Notes
    Carnation, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Cinnamon, Jasmine, Cedar, Rose
    Base Notes
    Labdanum, Leather, Amber, Benzoin, Oakmoss, Vanilla
    Last edited by ROBERTO; 15th December 2009 at 08:39 AM.
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Coco EDP, smells like Christmas to me.
    “I am an excitable person who only understands life lyrically, musically, in whom feelings are much stronger as reason. I am so thirsty for the marvelous that only the marvelous has power over me. Anything I can not transform into something marvelous, I let go. Reality doesn't impress me. I only believe in intoxication, in ecstasy, and when ordinary life shackles me, I escape, one way or another. No more walls.”-Anais Nin

My body clock is all turned around, thanks to a luxurious if ill-timed nap Monday afternoon. So I am wide awake when I should be abed. Right now I can still smell my Liaisons Dangereuses from Monday, so I guess LD is my SOTD. (But not, perhaps, for long.)

SMM, the Neil Morris Patchouli Narcisse scent just sounds scrumptious. And how lovely to be the inspiration for a perfume! I went on Neil Morris' site and saw that Chaya was also a muse for one of his scents. I now want to try both perfumes.

Take care, all.
    Take good care,

Belated Happy Birthday to Scentsibility!

Still basking in the glow of my Sunday in the Park with Perfumistas....or something like that.

Wanted a classic but discontinued masculine this morning.

Rochas Monsieur Rochas Concentree

A bit of a disclaimer up front this is not the "pink juice" version of Monsieur Rochas available everywhere and re-formulated, that re-formulated version is not bad but compared to the Concentree it pales.

In 1969 Guy Robert followed up his release of Monsieur Rochas with a Concentree version almost immediately. I am always curious why a perfumer chooses to do this. Did M. Robert want to work the same notes differently, which he does. Did M. Robert want to make something with a little more heft, which he does. Or did M. Robert want to make a more chypre version of the fougere like version of the original, which he also does. Whatever the motivation the Concentree is one of the finest men's chypres out there.

The top of Monsieur Rochas Concentree begins with a much more concentrated citrus blast of lemon and bergamot. This is traditional masculine territory and it is a zesty beginning. The heart begins with a mix of the green geranium accord mixed with the clove-like aspect of carnation. This is intense and tilts Monsieur Rochas Concentree firmly into green territory. Cedar joins the mix allowing for a clean woodiness to accentuate the floral pair. The base is the classic chypre mix of oakmoss and musk. M. Robert adds in vetiver and patchouli and that adds depth and longevity to the base. The final phase of this as the spicy green floral gives way to the dusty oakmoss laden chypre aspects is sublime every time I wear this.

Monsieur Rochas Concentree has average longevity and average sillage, both of which are a touch disappointing in a Concentree level fragrance.

It looks like Monsieur Rochas Concentree is another sad casualty of the IFRA's need to rid the perfumed world of oakmoss. The unfortunate aspect is all of these amazing creations will soon be memories. Thankfully I still have enough to keep creating some current ones.

Have a Terrific Tuesday everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Caron The Third Man / Le 3eme Homme.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Good morning all Today I think I'll continue with yesterday' success in making Chocolate truffles Needed a good gift idea for my MIL and FIL...so then I found this reciepie and it turned out great! Should have given this to more people! Anyway,my sotd is also very gourmandy.Today L called my name.Have a nice day everyone.

Good morning!

I'm wearing Chocolate Amber by Abdes Salaam Attar.

I'm on a diet and smelling chocolate instead of eating it works for me.

Chanel Bois des Iles parfum. Perfect for the cold weather an in anticipation of Christmas.

Again, thanks to a generous BNer, Sunnyfunny, I'm sampling Richard James Savile Row! Wonderful fragrance!

Earlier this year I sort of had to abandon you guys because you all insisted on making me late for work every day, but none of you promised to employ me once I got fired!

But I had to take some time this morning to say how much I love the Boston contingent of Basenotes.

It's amazing that they are all so wonderful on so many levels, super smart, and wonderfully warm, and perhaps most important, they all smell so damn good.

I hope all of you in Boston and out are having a wonderful and fragrant day.

I'm wearing Miller Harris. Gorgeous, but not long lived!
    There is a singular joy in the experience of receiving perfume by mail. It is one of life's great little pleasures - one that more should have the pleasure of knowing.

Basenotes Plus

Deb - it's good to see you! The Boston meetup sounds like it was a blast.
    Roberto - you smell HEAVENLY. I wore HR yesterday so that makes us scent twins a day apart.

Serge Lutens Louve

Best to all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Oh, my sweet gals !
    Aren't YOU the 'peaches on my tree !'

Brielle, you are a kindness, darling.
    We truly loved being with you, as well ;-)

SMM- what can we say; B wants you to know that he truly admires and likes you
    AND you smell Ggrrrrreat.

AL Cafe Noir again today.
    [In honor of Deb ]

May the day go sweetly with you all....

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Creed Himalaya today
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    ...Today it's Joy vintage parfum extrait and a couple of sprays of Eau de Joy vintage......
    I'm on the next plane.......

But en route I'll be wearing Laura Tonatto Safram (from a sample).....brilliant saffron over musk/amber. (Some get vanilla too, but not me.)
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Basenotes Plus

Dior Midnight Poison today, thought I hated it but I don't mind it
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Coromandel from Chanel, to go with the choco theme today

In the mood for Douce Amere today, very lovely.

Last eve I tested Dior Escale a Portofino from a 2.5ml TPC decant. Wow, I must say that I was very impressed. Citrus is not at the top of my favorite notage, but this is really addictive. Love the almond blending in as well. May have to think about putting this on my FB wish list for spring.

I need to test Epic Woman, just got a sample in this week. Am DYING to try Tribute!

Have a beautifully fragrant day!
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Hi everyone!

I'm playing with chocolate too, but I perhaps I should enjoy the party from another room as I'm in clouds and clouds of Angel today - I can almost see a celestial blue tint in the air around me.
    Last edited by Evangeline; 15th December 2009 at 02:30 PM.

It sounds like such a wonderful time with the Bostonians. Here's to a summer BN gettogether in Boston!

I remain in Havana Vanille.

Success is a Job in New York

Lovelyyyyy
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Up early, comfortably wrapped in L'Oiseau de Nuit. Happy Tuesday to all!

Blog Entries

Today I've layered Elariia Wisteria over Demeter Lilac-- two inexpensive scents that work pretty well together. (The Lilac is also good alone, but I didn't care for the Wisteria by itself.)

Basenotes Institution

White Christmas by Saravel

One of my Ebay, vintage finds. It's one big powdery mess...but it's fun around the holidays and for a short bit during the middle notes it achieves that bread-like iris note I enjoy in L' Heure Bleue by Guerlain.

I love the font on the bottle.

** BIG HUGS to Rtamara41 ((HUG, HUG)) **

I'm in Coco edt today...warm and spicy, a nice consolation since my littlest girl is sick today, preventing me from going on a fun shopping trip with my friend.
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

I'm wearing YSL Parisienne today. Again. It's been a staple for me lately. I'm so grateful to 30 Roses for sending me this. I find it very wearable and upbeat, and my husband likes it, too, which is a bonus.

We're gearing up for our annual trek down to Florida for the Christmas holidays. We drive down because we bring our dog. It's a long, boring drive, but we have it down to a science. It's nice to have our own car, too, while we're there. Cannot WAIT to see some sunshine and walk on the beach. In the meantime, it's gray amd chilly here in Virginia, although I'm not complaining...it could be much worse.

I hope everyone is well. I know you all smell nice!

SOTD: Naked Honey - Mac
    SOTE: Une Fleur de Cassie - Frederic Malle

My new favorite layering for the cold... Gucci PH (original) and Mitsouko edp. Something about cedar, incense, peach and moss that's just delightful.
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Great smelling bunch today! Since I'll be packing up gifts, a dab of Caron's vintage Nuit de Noel extrait is perfectly perfect! It's WAY better than the new stuff, such a shame, those lost treasures...Mo, I hope your littlest angel feels better soon. 30Roses has been a fragrance fairy to so many of us ~ I thank her again too! Lian, I hate when you love a new frag ~ it usually means I'm doomed to love it too!
    Hugs all around.

bleu autumn haze

I'm wearing ELdO Encens & Bubblegum, thanks to a sample sent from ubu. (Oh and ubu, confidence is high you will love Success is a Job in NY ... I WANT it soooo baaad!)

I'm spending my day off finishing up the Christmas decorating ... next I need to get cracking on buying a few presents for underneath the tree.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Delice de Cartier.

Hello dear BNers - SOTD is L'Eau d'Hiver. Woke up with quite the headache today.

Last night, my BE order arrived! Complete with set of YSL minis (Opium, Rive Gauche, Cinema, Paris), plus some samples of fragrances that I was curious to try. Among them - Missoni. Very odd reaction - my tongue started to tingle and felt numbed. Whoa. I've had very few allergic reactions to fragrances (only one other actually made me feel queasy) - but the reaction to the Missoni was kind of weird, huh? (My DH said he had some weird taste in his mouth, too - also from sniffing the Missoni). y i k e s

Have a good day, all!

Baking and playing in the snow with our toddler in l'Instant de Guerlain
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Blog Entries

Guerlain - Chant D'Aromes, vintage
    Mitsouko's lively little sister.
    A peach & honeysuckle chypre shot full of aldehydes.

Notes:
    top: mirabelle, gardenia, aldehydes, fruits
    heart: rose, jasmine, honeysuckle, ylang-ylang
    base: benzoin, musk, vetiver, heliotrope, moss, olibanum
    Last edited by kumquat; 15th December 2009 at 07:08 PM.

Courtesy of the lovely BlackCat from her last visit:

Tom Ford - Neroli Portofino.

Can also be called L'Artisan Fleurs d'Oranger Extreme. Very pretty. Just imagine the L'Artisan amplified. Sadly, like the L'Artisan, also doesn't last long on my skin.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Etienne Aigner Black for Women today for me. Hard job wearing this one, but someone gotta do it, I suppose. Floral fruity with woody musk in the drydown. CK Euphoria would be a nicer interpretation of the same theme, but I do not have any and not planning to get it any time soon.

Hello everyone! I have missed you all of late, and do hope that you are well.

I just wanted to check in and say another quick thank you to Lovethescents for the samples she sent me some weeks ago. I am in Mac's Africanimal today, and I think it is fabulous! Starts out not unakin to Soir de Lune (woody rose) but with a big dollop of honey. It's really lovely, really unusual, on the gourmand side, very young and fun. I fear it will not last terrifically long on my dry old skin, but it's just great -- really creative.

Thank you, dear!

Love
    SdL
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post

Guerlain - Chant D'Aromes, vintage
    Mitsouko's lively little sister.
    A peach & honeysuckle chypre shot full of aldehydes.

Notes:
    top: mirabelle, gardenia, aldehydes, fruits
    heart: rose, jasmine, honeysuckle, ylang-ylang
    base: benzoin, musk, vetiver, heliotrope, moss, olibanum
    Another lovely picture Kumquat! Must try this one. I looked up "mirabelle" (because I was unfamiliar) - it looks like a kumquat, doesn't it? In any case, I was wondering what it smells like (in Chant d'Aromes, that is) - is it more peach or plum or ?? Just curious

Wow, Kumquat! That pic really has me wanting to try Chant d'Arome now.

Raindropsparkle, Mirabelle is a small yellow plum.

In Cuir de Russie as I contemplate shoveling snow. You all smell fabulous, by the way!

Spend the day working at a chapter in 06130 Lentisque. This evening I had a DVD evening with my parents; we watched The Wizard of Oz - one of my favourite childhood movies (though I always fled to my room during certain scenes I still get the same impulse whenever the wicked witch of the west makes an apearance but resist the urge to run these days. ). Got all sentimental and fuzzy feeling; though I miss the old VHS recording with the bleached colours just because that's how I remember it from my childhood. This cleaned up DVD version feels almost screechy in comparison. Wore Amouage Dia which did not really suit the mood but is gorgeous nonetheless.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Ubu and Lilybelle are each heading to Florida?! It's gonna get lonely here while you're gone. Guess we'll just have to have a Smiley welcome-home party upon your return. (Yeah, that 30Roses is a good lil' stinker, isn't she?)

Getting to the shower at an odd time, late afternoon. Will wear Sabi thereafter.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

In Cuir Mauresque today and feel warm and cozy because of it!

Ending my day in Montale's Intense Tiare, feeling beachy :-)

You're so welcome, SdL! I'm glad you love it!
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Blog Entries

Happy Birthday, Miss Magic

Have a real Blow-out!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Caron The Third Man tonight. Zither thou goest I will go...and listen.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    Wow, Kumquat! That pic really has me wanting to try Chant d'Arome now.

Raindropsparkle, Mirabelle is a small yellow plum.
    Yes, I do love Kumquat's selections (look forward to them, actually) - including the party-kitty!

Thanks lilybelle for the info on the mirabelle. Its color (on the wikipedia page) reminded me somewhat of lilikoi, too.

Aramis 900

Floating in a cloud of Donna Karen Gold for the evening. I'm staring around the house looking at all the little clean up projects I should be doing - and then not doing them. But I smell good in my procrastination mode

Jumping in quickly before serving dinner, hope everyone is well.

SotD was vintage Diorella, what a nice treat.

SotE is now Annick Goutal Grand Amour which i seem to return to quite often

See everyone later, love and hugs
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Quote Originally Posted by rowanhill View Post
    Chanel Bois des Iles parfum. Perfect for the cold weather an in anticipation of Christmas.
    Bois des Iles IS perfect You smell divine...

Well thanks to the wisdom of my fellow Basenoters, I caved and got myself some vintage Samsara parfum, mmmmm heavenly warm beauty of a perfume.

So very different from the Samsara edt that is on the shelves these days, which may be nice but it never spoke to me. I never sniffed the parfum and bought it blind, and it is a WIN
    beauty guru & perfume whisperer
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

Cold day...wanted a warm smell. Cannabis Santal by Fresh. Now there's longevity for you! Still catch a whiff.. slightly...even now...nice though. Hugs to all !!!
    Mapping the memory one scent at a time

Quote Originally Posted by RainDropSparkle View Post
    ...some samples of fragrances that I was curious to try. Among them - Missoni. Very odd reaction - my tongue started to tingle and felt numbed. Whoa. I've had very few allergic reactions to fragrances (only one other actually made me feel queasy) - but the reaction to the Missoni was kind of weird, huh? (My DH said he had some weird taste in his mouth, too - also from sniffing the Missoni). y i k e s ...
    That IS strange, RainDrop! Are you going to try it again, or toss it? Did you like the smell? It was too sweet for my nose.

Some Cuir de Russie, Chanel this evening.

Going to sleep in older Kenzo Kashaya, a smooth and sweet blend of peaches and sandalwood. There is one "chalky" note in it that I dislike, similar to Necco candies -- I believe it is orchid, although it is hard to say, there are more species of orchid than any other plant known to us, each having its distinctive smell -- but the overall impression is always calming with this one.

Polo Blue for Men by RL
    Gary