Code of Conduct

Default would i like prada infusion d'homme if i loved dior homme cologne?

or are they too far from each other to compare? i'm thinking about buying prada infusion d'homme or acqua di parma colonia assoluta for my staple spring/summer/day/office frag. i have not tried the prada however so i'm trying to get a feel of what it smells like. will probably test in a couple of weeks to see for myself.

Default Re: would i like prada infusion d'homme if i loved dior homme cologne?

I think you would because IdH is quite tame in comparison with DH Cologne. What's your take on the regular Dior Homme ?
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

d'Infusion Homme smells quite different to DH.

The best description I can give of the Prada offering is that it smells very much like Johnson's No Tears Shampoo with of course, the lingering Iris in the background (very subtle, but the shampoo smell is most prominent).

I love DH, but can't really like the d'Infusion. Its nothing like DH and it would be best if you could sample before you buy.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

IdH is a different animal from Dior Homme, even if it makes use of the iris note. Definitely a try before you buy...and try it a few times.
    Last edited by Diamondflame; 15th December 2009 at 02:19 PM.

Basenotes Institution

If you like soapy scents, you will like Infusion d'Homme, because it is a well done, soapy, iris scent.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 15th December 2009 at 02:21 PM.

Agree with others that it's very very different from Dior Homme. This is sharp, soapy powder as opposed to borderline gourmand powder. I do think it would make a good summer scent for you, especially if you'd like to avoid citrus overdose.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Would you like IdH if you love DH? Not necessarily. DH is one of my favorites (top 10, easily), but I find IdH unwearable. It's just too too soapy, reminding me of laundry detergent.

[Edit two years later (2011): Talk about 180s! IdH is now one of my favorite scents and is my go-to fragrance for the office. Never say never.]
    Last edited by Snafoo; 29th November 2011 at 02:34 AM.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Off the weakness of Prada Amber, I've walked past IdH too many times.
    Will finally test, hoping it's a better laundry detergent than Cartier Eau De Cartier concentree or Puro Lino.

(which are my 2 "closest-to-buying-but-won't" laundry detergent scents so far)

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    If you like soapy scents, you will like Infusion d'Homme, because it is a well done, soapy, iris scent.
    YES

and...

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    IdH is a different animal from Dior Homme, even if it makes use of the iris note. Definitely a try before you buy...and try it a few times.
    YES

I agree that these two are quite different. I think the thing I like about Id'H is that it has a "clean soap" quality without strong lavender or any sharp aspect to it. It also doesn't have a laundry musk, which I tend to dislike. There is a light incense quality, which I do like. DH is a sweet/fruity and powdery tobacco..
    Last edited by Bigsly; 15th December 2009 at 07:17 PM.

I think a lot of people here are missing that he's talking about the Dior Homme Cologne, not the normal EDT. I think a fair comparison can be drawn between the two, the EDC is far less cloying and lighter. I'd say the EDC has a very fair dash of Infusion d'Homme's formula in there: they both share the iris and neroli notes, and are both sheer scents. If you're looking for a soapier version of the Dior Homme EDC, I'd say you'll enjoy Infusion d'Homme.
    I refuse to sink.

If that's the case (cologne and not EdT), then another option is Deauville for men, because that has a lighter version of the tobacco and iris with a "fresh" element added (fruitiness removed).

I love both! I own IdH and plan to buy DH soon if i dont get it for christmas

Love DHC, hate Infusion d'Homme. So I'd venture no. Infusion d'Homme places more emphasis on iris than DHC and it's drier too.
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 23rd February 2010 at 01:09 AM.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Guys I think he's talking about Dior Homme COLOGNE, which is different enough from regular Dior Homme to not lump them together.

Edit: Didn't realize that Royal mentioned it already.

Edit 2: For the last time, Dior Homme Cologne is an EDT, Dior Homme is an EDT too. There is no difference in concentration, only in composition and name.
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 16th December 2009 at 01:13 AM.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

For all those who like/love IdH, please do yourselves a favor and check out Maison Francis Kurkdjian's Cologne Pour Le Matin. It's a more natural, richer, more human (not as cold/synthetic) take on the basic idea presented in Infusion d'Homme. Despite being a cologne, longevity is superb.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Sur la Plage

I personally own and love both Dior Homme Cologne and Prada Infusion d'Homme.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Edit 2: For the last time, Dior Homme Cologne is an EDT, Dior Homme is an EDT too. There is no difference in concentration, only in composition and name.
    Ooh, my bad. I just assumed it was a EDC - I didn't really look at the bottom when I tested it. I figured it was sheer enough to be an EDC and didn't press manners further.
    I refuse to sink.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    For all those who like/love IdH, please do yourselves a favor and check out Maison Francis Kurkdjian's Cologne Pour Le Matin. It's a more natural, richer, more human (not as cold/synthetic) take on the basic idea presented in Infusion d'Homme. Despite being a cologne, longevity is superb.
    I also think Heeley's Iris de Nuit takes a similar, clean soapy iris to a level way beyond Infusion d'Homme. I'll try the t Maison Francis Kurkdjian one, sounds good.

Basenotes Institution

Both are good but if I had to choose, I would go with the Dior - it's better.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

thanks for all the responses i think i'm getting a better idea of IDH now. one more thing though would you guys say it's an "i feel pretty" scent? the dior sort of gave me that vibe, which i'm not sure if i want in another fragrance especially for someone starting out. maybe original vetiver would work better but that's a whole different comparison to IDH since it's not the iris but the soapiness they have in common.

Quote Originally Posted by krillin View Post
    thanks for all the responses i think i'm getting a better idea of IDH now. one more thing though would you guys say it's an "i feel pretty" scent? the dior sort of gave me that vibe, which i'm not sure if i want in another fragrance especially for someone starting out. maybe original vetiver would work better but that's a whole different comparison to IDH since it's not the iris but the soapiness they have in common.
    IdH gives a more "I am clean" vibe
    Last edited by JoNnY 4; 16th December 2009 at 01:23 PM.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    Ooh, my bad. I just assumed it was a EDC - I didn't really look at the bottom when I tested it. I figured it was sheer enough to be an EDC and didn't press manners further.
    No problem man. It's one of my absolute favorites, and people keep saying it's an EDC, which I fear may scare some away from trying something this amazing.

No problem man. It's one of my absolute favorites, and people keep saying it's an EDC, which I fear may scare some away from trying something this amazing.
    I like the Infusion d´Homme by Prada but after reading your comments I have to try the Dior Homme Cologne! A question, what do you think about its projection and longevity (Dior Homme Cologne)? Thanks!
    Last edited by M.David; 22nd February 2010 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by M.David View Post
    I like the Infusion d´Homme by Prada but after reading your comments I have to try the Dior Homme Cologne! A question, what do you think about its projection and longevity (Dior Homme Cologne)? Thanks!
    No problem on it for me. In fact, I think most others will agree, it may even do better than the normal Dior Homme. 8+ hours on me, and the best part is the drydown, I LOVE the way my clothes smell at the end of the day.

I'd just like to add, that I've since come around on Infusion d'Homme, but on my skin the citrus is far more dominant than the iris.

I prefer Infusion D'Homme. I know Dior Homme gets so much love but after trying it again and again and again it smells so much like lipstick to me that it's uncanny. Infusion D'Homme is soapy, but not as soapy as Prada Amber. At least to my nose. Prada Amber is more sweet as well. In Infusion I can pick out the neroli and the florals, whereas Amber I get pure soap.

Quote Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
    I prefer Infusion D'Homme. I know Dior Homme gets so much love but after trying it again and again and again it smells so much like lipstick to me that it's uncanny. Infusion D'Homme is soapy, but not as soapy as Prada Amber. At least to my nose. Prada Amber is more sweet as well. In Infusion I can pick out the neroli and the florals, whereas Amber I get pure soap.
    Have you tried Dior Homme Cologne, no lipstick there.

Have you tried Dior Homme Cologne, no lipstick there.
    No I haven't! I'd like to though. I think it's one of those things where once you pick out a note, it's all you notice. Like if you read a review and someone says "it kinda smells like..." and then that's ALL you smell.

I bought the two together and ended up returning IDH because I saw a distinct similarity and inferiority.
    If fragrance has a gender, so does all art.

Prada Infusion d'Homme is not very soapy. It is a very subtle, depressing scent that opens with a little citrus and "floral" notes, but quickly becomes identical to Infusion d'Iris. Rainy, cloudy floral. Sweet, but not in a happy way.

If one had to choose between the two for a future purchase, IMO I feel that Dior Homme is the better option.

Quote Originally Posted by lovingthealien View Post
    Prada Infusion d'Homme is not very soapy. It is a very subtle, depressing scent that opens with a little citrus and "floral" notes, but quickly becomes identical to Infusion d'Iris. Rainy, cloudy floral. Sweet, but not in a happy way.
    Whatttttt?? Not soapy? Subtle? Depressing?

IDH smells just like a freshly starched shirt, perfect for smelling clean at the office. It is the scent I wear to work when I don't want to wear a scent.

Blog Entries

TOO soapy for me

Btw. I can't find any unnatural or overly synthetic smell in IdH - it's a great, unique, high quality fragrance; I consider it superior to Dior Homme.

Most likely yes, because both share indeed a certain powderyness

Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    IdH gives a more "I am clean" vibe
    +1
    Soapiness is the key word!