Code of Conduct

Default Creed Store Now open In New york

I guess they made it on time. I just got a tet stating they are officially open on Madison avenue in New York. Anyone want to go check it out and take pics??

Default Re: Creed Store Now open In New york

Very eager to see this.
    Props to any BN member who gives a tour via pictures or Youtube.

Oh, and if Flacons 8/70 and 36/70 are still available, I would snap those up if you can get to the boutique. Are they doing mail order?

I went and checked it out today actually and didnt really have the experience I was looking for! It was all white and cold, I was not helped, everyone was REALLY rude and not very knowledgeable! I think I will just keep with their original boutiques (which turned into Bond) where all of the sales associates are so helpful and I can have tea and feel at home! Bond is still my number one!

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Oh, and if Flacons 8/70 and 36/70 are still available, I would snap those up if you can get to the boutique. Are they doing mail order?
    Do those flacons smell better than the rest?

I'm glad it opened. I won't be back in New York until early January, I guess I'll see it then.

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    Do those flacons smell better than the rest?
    How does he know those specific falcons are potentially left?

^I don't.
    I know I bought 2 of the last 4 Saks had, they may still have 12/70 or 14/70.
    8 or 36 i think would be the ideal #'s for a collector is all.
    And lol Scentsitivity, they won't smell any better LOL

I'm going tomorow after work

I've got flacon #'s 2 & 3 so I think those may be good in terms of numbers to have. Probably dont mean anything but what the Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by cairomerta View Post
    I've got flacon #'s 2 & 3 so I think those may be good in terms of numbers to have. Probably dont mean anything but what the Hell.
    I've heard that the odd numbered flacons are supposed to smell better.

Well I guess one out of two is not bad LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 55karl View Post
    I was not helped, everyone was REALLY rude and not very knowledgeable! I think I will just keep with their original boutiques (which turned into Bond) where all of the sales associates are so helpful and I can have tea and feel at home! Bond is still my number one!

Welcome to New York....
    Giving Life My All And Improving Every Day

I have not had a chance to visit been swamped at work and now it is freezing cold here

^Cool.
    It's analogous to their website.
    If anyone makes the trip ask about Spice & Woods.

Quote Originally Posted by Otto View Post

Welcome to New York....
    This doesnt mean anything! I have had great experiences when I went to Bond on Bond Street. They did a custom blend for me while I sat in the library, caught up on the Fragrances of the World and had a delicious cup of tea! I refuse to buy anything from someone, especially if they are a niche company if the customer service sucks!

This doesnt mean anything! I have had great experiences when I went to Bond on Bond Street. They did a custom blend for me while I sat in the library, caught up on the Fragrances of the World and had a delicious cup of tea! I refuse to buy anything from someone, especially if they are a niche company if the customer service sucks!
    Bond is the best isn't it?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Basenotes Institution

Anyone else been to the store yet?

not that it has anything to do with new york, but i also noticed they are now selling creed at luckyscent...happy holidays everyone
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

Quote Originally Posted by jdnba View Post
    not that it has anything to do with new york, but i also noticed they are now selling creed at luckyscent...happy holidays everyone
    I've noted that. Interesting the selection they offer. Wonder if the scents they have correlate to the best selling Creeds...

They don't offer GIT or BdP I notice.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    I've noted that. Interesting the selection they offer. Wonder if the scents they have correlate to the best selling Creeds...

They don't offer GIT or BdP I notice.
    They do.
    http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti...ish_Tweed.html

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti..._Portugal.html
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

D'OH! Indeed they do, never mind. But if you pick Creed on their pulldown menu, neither are on the display.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    D'OH! Indeed they do, never mind. But if you pick Creed on their pulldown menu, neither are on the display.
    Yea, LS is weird like that. When you pick a house from the dropdown menu you never get everything. So I just search the house name in the search bar. I just searched "Creed" and it comes up with everything.

how do we get proof that the Windsor blend was really made for the Duke of Windsor??? With all the fictitious celebrity and "royal" stories claimed by creed, i hear that he was never on the list of the royal warrants. Can anyone help find out the truth behind all this??????

how do we get proof that the Windsor blend was really made for the Duke of Windsor??? With all the fictitious celebrity and "royal" stories claimed by creed, i hear that he was never on the list of the royal warrants. Can anyone help find out the truth behind all this??????
    Hang on one sec, I've got the Duke in my mobile contacts, let me just give him a ringaroo. I'll get back to ya.

Yeah, a group of amateur fragrance enthusiasts is going to somehow prove that powerhouse international upscale fragrance company, Creed, bullshits their stories.

They have a wonderful PR department to glam up tales such as how Olivier Creed walked through 16 miles of raw tundra, barefoot, to find a mythical ice flower for his magical infusion technique, while carrying 3 terminally-ill orphans he personally healed with a spritz each of Silver Mountain Water.

We all know that they're bullshitting, we just don't have the evidence. Windsor is just another fragrance mate.
    Last edited by Sokkou; 22nd December 2009 at 05:32 PM.

Just sniffing it was enough to buy it for me. I could care less about stories, all CREED needs to do is keep putting our incredible green scents, and not decrease the quality of their existing scents, and I'll be a lifelong customer. The Duke is irrelevant.

I went and checked it out today actually and didnt really have the experience I was looking for! It was all white and cold, I was not helped, everyone was REALLY rude and not very knowledgeable! I think I will just keep with their original boutiques (which turned into Bond) where all of the sales associates are so helpful and I can have tea and feel at home! Bond is still my number one!
    After reading this and your other posts, I'm fairly certain you're some fanatical Bond employee who's posting here sheerly just to increase Bond sales. All you do is hate on Creed and push Bond in nearly EVERY post.

Basenotes is not here to be free marketing for Bond, go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Sokkou View Post
    After reading this and your other posts, I'm fairly certain you're some fanatical Bond employee who's posting here sheerly just to increase Bond sales. All you do is hate on Creed and push Bond in nearly EVERY post.

Basenotes is not here to be free marketing for Bond, go away.
    He's not doing a good job either. I forget what the thread was, but a thread maybe last week or so he came out of the Bond closet, completely bashing Creed etc. It wasn't until then that we all noticed his little agenda. He was going unnoticed up until then though. Lol

How do we know that bonds aren't made from the usual cheap ingredients by the usual perfumers at the usual big industrial perfume company, largely from ideas they have already used elsewhere? Oh, wait a minute...we do!
    Last edited by hirch_duckfinder; 22nd December 2009 at 08:04 PM.
    "Dont try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

55karl, nothing you ever post has to do with the topic of the thread you're posting in, and all you ever do is try and trash-talk Creed and promote Bond No.9.

I am one of many who believe that you have ulterior motives for participating in these discussions in the first place, and I'd like to suggest that you keep your negativity and accusatory tone to yourself. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion (I for one, think Creed is entirely superior to Bond in just about every way) but at this point, you're basically a troll.

The fact alone that you think that higher sales equates to a better fragrance says to me that you are not going to fit in very well in this community of relatively-unbiased fragrance-lovers who value actual quality over sales and hype.

And to respond to your off-topic statement about Windsor, I really doubt there are many people reading this forum who give the slightest care whether that fragrance was made (exactly as-is) for this Duke of Windsor fellow. I don't even know who he is, and quite frankly the whole idea of a country having a king or queen or duke (whatever the hell that is) is ridiculous to me in the first place. Maybe all it takes for you is for a company to make a claim about the heritage of a fragrance to make you want to buy it (if you're so crazy about all the Bond stuff), but I know that most of us here put the actual smell before anything else.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Laurice's minions always come back around trolling when needed.
    Smell uber alles.

I was intrigued by Bond at first, but upon further investigation, found their products to be of mediocre quality and composition, and the Creed originals they are based off to be far superior.

55karl, shame on you. If you have nothing nice to say, just be silent. Creed makes some wonderful scents and the royal warrants they have are real; if one does a lovely tour of the Paris boutique they will show you a book with much information and some of the commissioned scents available only by order (quite expensively). Plus if anyone has ever read biographies, which i do religiously, on people whom Creed made scents for the company is mentioned; Empress Sissi of Austria-Hungary, Empress Eugenie, Queen Carolina of the two Naples, etc. The company also clothed many as well.
    Now as far as Bond, i have had more poor experiences dealing with them than anyone; for the thousandth time(it seems like) i have tried to have them stop sending me post cards informing me of specials. They used my info from when they were Creed boutiques, which did not please me, but continue to send me notices and are quite rude when i call them up to try and stop the postcards.

Now as to quality, i just smelt the newest Creed Sublime Vanille yesterday, my goodness i was transported to the heavens. It is one of the nicest vanille scents i have EVER smelt.

So 55karl, please do not Bond troll any longer, tell Ms Rahme to pander the goods elsewhere and that Creed is much better off without her.
    Last edited by Brielle87; 23rd December 2009 at 04:39 AM.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser sa source

Blog Entries

Apparently, the flacons are sold out everywhere and creedboutique.com isn't showing them either. I am surprised it took so long if there were only 70 available indeed.

And Dullah, 8/70 was sold a while back ;-)
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Blog Entries

Thanks, Brielle. Honestly, I'm not sure whether such a blatant troll would be shilling FOR Bond, or AGAINST Bond by being so bloody obvious.

In any case...Bond.... Creed..... my solution is to own both.

Bonds have a smooth, linear, novel, modern, sexy feel. When I want it, I want it.

Creeds have a restrained, complex, natural, elegant feel. When I want it, I want it.

As for the "authenticity" of Windsor, I'll just add this. I seem to recall a PBS/BBC special I saw about all things royal and the various offices that keep tabs on that stuff, and I'm pretty sure that making false allegations about British royalty can still get you into a little trouble - or at the very least, a rather curt denial when a false claim is discovered. All it would take would be one embarassing, public, royal denial from the crown spokesperson, and Creed would be up to its ass in a marketing disaster. I think not.

Now - is it the exact same scent as what the Duke wore? No. You have my word as a chemist on that. I'll simply leave it at that. Perfumes, like women, deserve to have their beauty secrets. But it makes the scent all the more impressive, in my opinion, because it's clear that modern perfumery was used to recreate an extinct scent, and it was done so nicely. That means that the current parfumeurs deserve credit.

^Don't forget the 3rd latent function of the Bond troll series' obvious behavior: BUMPING FOR CREED (which I'm about to do)........This is quickly turning Firesign Theatre.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudassir View Post
    Apparently, the flacons are sold out everywhere and creedboutique.com isn't showing them either. I am surprised it took so long if there were only 70 available indeed.

And Dullah, 8/70 was sold a while back ;-)
    Rubbing it in, are we bradda?
    Allow me........BUMP
    But seriously, 8's the one to have as a collector's piece.
    Last edited by DULLAH; 23rd December 2009 at 06:40 AM. Reason: url link

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    As for the "authenticity" of Windsor, I'll just add this. I seem to recall a PBS/BBC special I saw about all things royal and the various offices that keep tabs on that stuff, and I'm pretty sure that making false allegations about British royalty can still get you into a little trouble - or at the very least, a rather curt denial when a false claim is discovered. All it would take would be one embarassing, public, royal denial from the crown spokesperson, and Creed would be up to its ass in a marketing disaster. I think not.

Now - is it the exact same scent as what the Duke wore? No. You have my word as a chemist on that. I'll simply leave it at that. Perfumes, like women, deserve to have their beauty secrets. But it makes the scent all the more impressive, in my opinion, because it's clear that modern perfumery was used to recreate an extinct scent, and it was done so nicely. That means that the current parfumeurs deserve credit.
    Well put. While Creed may push the envelope with many of their claims, it does seem rather far fetched that they would entirely fabricate this.

As to the scent, I think it was in another thread where Dullah made an interesting observation about Windsor being such an odd duck that it just isn't the sort of scent that any perfumer would create now.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 24th December 2009 at 02:42 AM.

Honestly my boyfriend and i are big fans Bond No. 9 - the line is just fun- no hype, no claims- just a dedication the greatest city in the world.
    The experience i have at Bond No 9 in Noho is amazing. we dont just stop there...we also enjoy going down to soho to Chanel in soho brings me back to my youth.the entire downtown nyc fragrance experience is what i look foward to a few times a year.

on Creed, not a big fan of the brand but I am curious to know about these royal warrants? where does one find information about this?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by penelope99 View Post
    Honestly my boyfriend and i are big fans Bond No. 9 - the line is just fun- no hype, no claims- just a dedication the greatest city in the world.
    The experience i have at Bond No 9 in Noho is amazing. we dont just stop there...we also enjoy going down to soho to Chanel in soho brings me back to my youth.the entire downtown nyc fragrance experience is what i look foward to a few times a year.

on Creed, not a big fan of the brand but I am curious to know about these royal warrants? where does one find information about this?
    Sounds like fun. I'll have to put those stops on my NYC travel to-visit list as well. Like I said, not a Bond hater. I think Bond, like Annick Goutal, is a friendlier line for women, frankly, but they do make some of the most memorable scents in my wardrobe.

Creed puts pictures of the royal warrants right on the boxes, particularly the boxes for the flacons. The trouble is, those warrants don't necessarily mean what people assume they mean. Clearly, because Creed was mainly a purveyor of non-fragrance goods at the time of the warrants, it's a bit misleading. Spun. Whatever. Not that much of a lie in my book. They sold mostly stuff and PERHAPS some personal fragrances to these famous folks, but Creed would clearly be in conflict with history if they said that they sold fragrances to the general public back then, because vintage Creed is not to be found. I've never heard them claim that, come to think of it. A couple of empty and documented, private royal bottles showing up in a museum would do wonders for their claims.

The_Good_Life did a great blog piece comparing the highly spun history of Creed with the jealously defended but very real history of Farina. Take a look here. The message from that is that Creed has to take what little real history it has and fluff it and pose it quite a bit. In contrast, Farina has so much history that it has to keep others from stealing it.

There is a recently revived company (here) that Roja Dove is associated with, that is based on old formula books, which you can actually see on video. They were contemporaries of Guerlain. Frankly, if Creed has old formula books, letting a neutral party examine those would convince me more than all the royal warrants they could muster. Barring such a revelation, my take is that they MAY have made scents for people in the past, and that if not, then they are simply a highly skilled purveyor of retro-styled perfumes with some added "synthetic" history.

[Note that in any case, as you can see from TGL's interview of the Farina CEO, modern fragrances simply cannot have the exact compositions of the oldies, no matter what. Perfume is a river in time. You can't go back - you can only pretend to. Reformulation is the rule, not the exception.]

Angry Re: Creed Store Now open In New york

After reading 55karl's endless posts all over these boards which spew his hatred toward Creed and his love of Bond, are we supposed to believe he really went shopping in the Creed store? What a crock! Completely manufactured story! Give us some credit! Btw, don't you live in Aruba?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNY911 View Post
    After reading 55karl's endless posts all over these boards which spew his hatred toward Creed and his love of Bond, are we supposed to believe he really went shopping in the Creed store? What a crock! Completely manufactured story! Give us some credit! Btw, don't you live in Aruba?
    I've grown to love Karl...he's so consistent. No matter what the thread is about, the post is "Bond is great and/or Creed is horrible." Waiting eagerly for the next posting.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 30th December 2009 at 09:37 PM.