Code of Conduct

Thumbs up By Kilian - the cost of packaging

When I first tested the Kilian line, there were a few that I was taken with. I was, however, not impressed with the cost, or the fact that I knew I was paying for a shiny box that I didnt want in the first place. I was glad to see they decided to sell travel sets, making it slightly more affordable...but I was thrilled to see that refills for both the travel set and a plain aluminum 100ml bottle were released. I like to think that even the luxury companies were paying attention to the economy.

Just as a reference though - the snazzy little travel atomizer costs you $65. I wasnt willing to pay that for a bottle, so I appreciate the choice.

ps - the travel refills are screwtop, and if you happen to have any spare Lutens sprayers kicking around, they fit perfectly.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Default Re: By Kilian - the cost of packaging

Offering your customers with a variety of options is always a good thing. I too would opt for the travel refills but I'd be lying if I say I was never tempted to buy the exquisite looking spray kit or full bottle. And I can appreciate the appeal that a beautifully crafted piece holds for the more 'tactile' or 'visual' among potential customers. That's why some of us collect perfume bottles in addition to perfume juices..
    Last edited by Diamondflame; 18th December 2009 at 03:15 PM.

^ very true.

Btw - theres a ltd edition travel bottle out right now that's gold. I think she said it was $150, sold empty. I think I still prefer the black tho.

Yeah the gold one looks kinda tacky if you ask me. I've actually had my eye on one of those black travel atomizers for a bit. I'l be at Saks later for some last minute Xmas shopping and I'll try and take a picture of the gold atomizer just for fun.

I bought Straight to Heaven "back in the day" when it was only offered in the bottles! I didn't feel bad because the presentation really is the best in the biz. I felt like s*** when they were offered in the travel sprays and refills because I just wanted the juice. Ok so now I have one bottle and five refills. I'll buy that Pure Oud the first day it's offered in a refill....siiiiigh....if ever that is

Sur la Plage

I really like the travel refill bottles (I use my own atomizer).

I personally would never pay for a full bottle because I could care less what the bottle looks like. I buy fragrances to wear, not display.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Institution

Yes I do like the fact that By Killian's, though expensive, give you the option to buy the refills which are highly practical - like Sofresh said- with a screw top . Thanks for the tip re. the SL sprayers !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: By Kilian - the cost of packaging

It is nice to see that at least a few of the fragrance companies listen to their patrons wants and desires.

Quote Originally Posted by scent View Post
    I'll buy that Pure Oud the first day it's offered in a refill....siiiiigh....if ever that is
    Refill kits should be available this spring/summer. I asked my kilian SA a few weeks ago. She called HQ and confirmed so sit tight.

You might want to also check out Bond Harrods Oud. They are quite similar and the bond is much cheaper @ $330 for 100ml. Kinda sad that prices are so out of control that $330 seems like a bargain!

I love those travel refills. The black atomizer is beautiful. I received one for my birthday this year.
    I own one bottle, but no more, I will stick to travel refills.
    I also bought a bunch of samples on e-bay that I put in a Sephora $8 atomizer.
    Evenstar

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    I love those travel refills. The black atomizer is beautiful. I received one for my birthday this year.
    I own one bottle, but no more, I will stick to travel refills.
    I also bought a bunch of samples on e-bay that I put in a Sephora $8 atomizer.
    Arwen - you and I have done practically the same thing ! I also have one glass 50 ml bottle but I also have refills . I also bought a bunch of sample sized By Killians from Ebay and refilled my big bottle with them from time to time ! I won't buy another big bottle when the refills are quite perfect.
    I also like the big ( 100 ml ? ) refill aluminum container which is very practical and you can prbably buy a very pretty decorative bottle to put the perfume in if one chooses to .
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 19th December 2009 at 10:59 AM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Has anyone seen the new Kilian coffret?

From the Now Smell This blog:
    By Kilian will launch a coffret in February with 7.5 ml bottles of all eight of the fragrances in the L’Oeuvre Noire / Black Masterpiece collection. 95€. (via marieclaire.fr)