Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Default Santa Maria Novella

    Does any basenoter know where to sample this house....specifically the Acqua di Colonia and Acqua di Sicilia. TPC has neither of these.

  2. #2
    Lifelong Sniffaholic
    30 Roses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    11,364
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Santa Maria Novella

    You can order SMN samples from Aedes.com; not sure about those specific ones but you can check the website, and if in doubt, phone or email them. I visited them during the summer and saw they have more SMN scents than are on the website.

    Takashimaya in NYC sells SMN also but I'm not sure about whether they send samples on request.

  3. #3
    Sur la Plage

    petruccijc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clearwater Beach, Florida
    Posts
    17,010

    Default Re: Santa Maria Novella

    Lafco - www.lafcony.com
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

  4. #4
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    26,694

    Default Re: Santa Maria Novella

    Coincidentally, I just found out that LAFCO opened up a boutique here in South Florida - in Bal Harbour Shops. I can't wait to pop over there - it's been difficult to sample the entire SMN line anywhere here in Miami...shops usually only have a handful of the scents. Plus I want to pick up some of their incredible potpourri for Xmas.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Santa Maria Novella

    Just got back from Bal Harbour, two pleasant experiences: we saw A-Rod shopping in the Ralph Lauren boutique and we visited the Santa Maria Novella shop. First of all, it's a bit hard to find, it's in between two restaurants, on the second level. After searching the mall top to bottom and not finding the shop, we stood in front of the directory and I said out loud, where is it, they would never put a perfume shop in the restaurant area, where could it be? A guy standing there said, "It's right over there, exactly where you said it wouldn't be, next to the restaurants." He was the owner, I recognized him from the NY store.
    We went in, it's a lovely little jewel-box sized store, the one in New York, BTW, is enormous. My partner bought a bottle of Piper Nigrum - they also carry LV and the Eau de Italie line.
    As we were leaving the owner offered us a Santa Maria Novella chocolate and gave us a VIP parking pass.
    A wonderful experience and we saw A-Rod!
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 20th December 2009 at 11:11 PM.

  6. #6
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    26,694

    Default Re: Santa Maria Novella

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    Just got back from Bal Harbour, two pleasant experiences: we saw A-Rod shopping in the Ralph Lauren boutique and we visited the Santa Maria Novella shop. First of all, it's a bit hard to find, it's in between two restaurants, on the second level. After searching the mall top to bottom and not finding the shop, we stood in front of the directory and I said out loud, where is it, they would never put a perfume shop in the restaurant area, where could it be? A guy standing there said, "It's right over there, exactly where you said it wouldn't be, next to the restaurants." He was the owner, I recognized him from the NY store.
    We went in, it's a lovely little jewel-box sized store, the one in New York, BTW, is enormous. My partner bought a bottle of Piper Nigrum - they also carry LV and the Eau de Italie line.
    As we were leaving the owner offered us a Santa Maria Novella chocolate and gave us a VIP parking pass.
    A wonderful experience and we saw A-Rod!
    Oh great - I know exactly where you're talking about.

    Looking forward to dropping in soon to see it. Their fragrance line is so enormous, I still haven't tested all of them yet. It's impossible.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Santa Maria Novella

    Mike, so when are we going ? Lol

  8. #8

    Default Re: Santa Maria Novella

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Oh great - I know exactly where you're talking about.

    Looking forward to dropping in soon to see it. Their fragrance line is so enormous, I still haven't tested all of them yet. It's impossible.
    BTW, I don't think they have the entire line in the BH store.

  9. #9
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    26,694

    Default Re: Santa Maria Novella

    Quote Originally Posted by Futami View Post
    Mike, so when are we going ? Lol
    I know right... let's do it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    BTW, I don't think they have the entire line in the BH store.
    Oh well, I hope they have a bunch I haven't smelled. I'd also love to re-smell Ginestra.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Santa Maria Novella

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I can't wait to pop over there - it's been difficult to sample the entire SMN line anywhere here in Miami...shops usually only have a handful of the scents.
    I am so jealous of everyone whose city has shops that carry any niche scents. You'd think Denver would be big enough. It would be awesome to be able to test more niche without buying decants.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Similar Threads

  1. Santa Maria Novella acqua di colonia!!!
    By Maya in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 15th October 2009, 02:34 AM
  2. Santa Maria Novella Tabacco Toscano - Bulgari Black Lite?
    By Stereotomy in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 3rd July 2009, 12:20 PM
  3. Santa Maria Novella - yowzas!
    By Maxwell in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 23rd March 2008, 05:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •