Code of Conduct

Default New Clive Christian Scent 2010: He Says Controversial Ingredients in this scent

Looks like Clive Christian will be coming out with a new scent mid 2010 and he states some controversial ingredients will be in this scent. I wonder what ingredients could be considered controversial. I have all 3 scents in his line and really do love them (I may be one of the only few here that really likes Clive Christian) I am excited that he is finally coming out with a new scent and am interested to see what he will come up with!

Let the crap talking begin!!!!

http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2009/...christian.html
    Last edited by cairomerta; 19th December 2009 at 08:24 PM.

Default Re: New Clive Christian Scent 2010: He Says Controversial Ingredients in this scent

Musk Deer ?
    Narcotics ?
    Soylent Green ?

Thumbs down Re: New Clive Christian Scent 2010: He Says Controversial Ingredients in this scent

IMO, something controversial for Clive Christian would a fragrance worth anywhere near what he charges. I regard the house as an absolute joke.

TJ
    Last edited by TigerJuice; 19th December 2009 at 08:37 PM.

Default Re: New Clive Christian Scent 2010: He Says Controversial Ingredients in this scent

And it's probably only $2500 for 1oz.

Quote Originally Posted by cairomerta View Post
    I wonder what ingredients could be considered controversial.
    Oakmoss?

The Popes urine?

Real animal ingredients might be a cause for controversy. Real bear gall bladder?

Oh, and don't forget the *real* diamond set into the neck of the flacons. The source of some diamonds can be controversial.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Tinctures of his own pubes?

The smell of a portable toilet at the end of a festival on a hot summer day?
    Or maybe something a little bit less controversial like rotten potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by cairomerta View Post
    I have all 3 scents in his line and really do love them (I may be one of the only few here that really likes Clive Christian) I am excited that he is finally coming out with a new scent and am interested to see what he will come up with!
    I like X and Number One...but the irony is I found them too pricey to rebuy and that's how I got started in here- looking for alternatives. I would have saved money rebuying X frankly instead of all the discoveries I've made in here.

It will be interesting to see what "controversial" elements are within the new offering.
    These days, I would think that could be dangerous marketing if it involves anything considered un-PC.

But perhaps if it's one of those super high priced offerings, it doesn't matter at all to those that would buy it. Sort of like mink coats.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 19th December 2009 at 09:41 PM.

Another craptacular "oud" frag perhaps? Surely we need more fragrance designers with the urge to lace their new composition with cheap chemical "oud" and pass it for "precious", "pure", "midnight" or "27". Besides, Mr. Christian could then sell it at double (heck, why not triple?!!!) the price of his other offerings, so it would make perfect sense

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    Oakmoss?
    *LOL* yes, you beat me to it ! It's probably going to be loaded with lots of restricted and banned materials over the recommended amounts - like the oakmoss,jasmine, birch tar ,bergamot ,citrus oils ..........And if so, I will be buying it !
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 19th December 2009 at 10:02 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Smegma? According to the other thread, somebody already beat him to a cockroach note.
    Last edited by The Bark; 19th December 2009 at 10:43 PM.
    The Bark Bites Back here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde65 View Post
    And it's probably only $2500 for 1oz.
    lol word..

Hopefully it burns skin on contact!

Sur la Plage

I can't wait! I'm sure it will be another fragrance from this house that smells like a "nice designer fragrance" but at 10 times the price!
    Last edited by petruccijc; 20th December 2009 at 01:15 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Will it have real bits of Panther?
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Anything can be considered controversial so it doesn't matter.

It makes total sense to announce that your frag will contain 'controversial' ingredients just when the IFRA has been launching its largest crackdown on fragrance ingredients ...
    -

Blog Entries

Clive Christian is people!!!!
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Basenotes Institution

What is everyone's general view of X perfume for women ? I have sampled X for men which I absolutely loved .

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    What is everyone's general view of X perfume for women ? I have sampled X for men which I absolutely loved .
    I like X for Men and tried it several times but could never quite justify buying it - I remember scanning basenotes for other cardamon references - in a way it got me interested in finding out more about what goes into perfumes. I was with a friend at LC and we tried the X for Woman and I really liked it - seemed like a larger than life, very luxe 'femme' to me. She mentioned Gucci Rush sprung to mind immediately - don't know it but maybe others could comment? I'll be interested to see what the new CC is like - if he can charge what he charges then good luck to him as far as I'm concerned.
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 20th December 2009 at 07:09 AM.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    I like X for Men and tried it several times but could never quite justify buying it - I remember scanning basenotes for other cardamon references - in a way it got me interested in finding out more about what goes into perfumes. I was with a friend at LC and we tried the X for Woman and I really liked it - seemed like a larger than life, very luxe 'femme' to me. She mentioned Gucci Rush sprung to mind immediately - don't know it but maybe others could comment? I'll be interested to see what the new CC is like - if he can charge what he charges then good luck to him as far as I'm concerned.
    I can say I will be saving for the X perfume ! I also found references to Gucci Rush but if the X for men is anything to go by , I am sure I will love the women's version. My interest in the new CC perfume has been peaked- I am dying to know what it is and what will be in it !
    Please let there be naughty, banned and restricted materials in it !

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    The Popes urine?
    Or mine

I wouldn't mind selling him some of mine actually -- I see a business opportunity here.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Will we finally see a fragrance with a sulphur note?

Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    Or mine

I wouldn't mind selling him some of mine actually -- I see a business opportunity here.
    I don't see the point in this offensive remark - of course it's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Cry me a river.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Let's try to have an intelligent discussion about perfumery than these strange remarks about urine. Just because you think he is overpriced doesn't mean we can't speak about the perfume itself and what maybe could be the controversial ingredient or anything else about it. Let's try to stick to the topic please.

smeller

Last edited by smeller; 20th December 2009 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smeller View Post
    Can you please kindly tell me how you did those two little dots on the top of your u?

smeller

Quote Originally Posted by nwatts88 View Post
    Can you please kindly tell me how you did those two little dots on the top of your u?
    You're fast.

In my keyboard, the double-dot (=diaeresis=umlaut=trema) is shift + 6, but this is for portuguese speakers.

You may be able to do it with ALT + 0252 (in the numeric keypad).

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    Cry me a river.
    Make that a river of pee.

It's very hard to get excited about Clive Christian.....The scents are wonderful but very costly.....It's just not worth the cost.
    Gary

Sweat from Obama's brow

Polar bear extract?
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

The brand has an urgent need to justify its prices, so, for sure, I imagine they would be using animal-derived ingredients like true / old fashioned civet or true / old fashioned musk. Plus, whatever is under IFRA's ban or decalred an alert on.

Chuck Norris' tears - they cure cancer. (Too bad he never cries..)

what a joke, surprised this house is still alive. with so many amazing synthetics.........

Any ingredient which will multiply the price of Clive Cristian frags by (at least) ten.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Me neither. He deserves no less than 15 spritzes of Kouros for that remark.

I can't see paying *that* much for a fragrance, but there are people who happily will--and can.

Luxury products are driven by demand--as long as people are willing to pay for them. It's status that people are after.

Personally, speaking for myself, I don't need a flacon studded with a diamond on my toilette table.

For instance, I cannot see paying four figures for a handbag (though many women will, and will even *rent* a status handbag to show off)--I would rather buy other things, and with this economy, other things are necessities.

BTW, there is a company who will rent (by the month, I think) expensive handbags! I would rather spend my cash on buying a nice bottle of perfume!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Thanks for the heads up Cairo, it should be interesting to see what the controversial ingredient is and how it is used in the new fragrance. I hope that it does come out clearly in the fragrances development.

X for men already looks like something I would like to try and maybe buy!?

More than anything I like when new things are attempted and so this should be something good hopefully.
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

I heard this controversial ingredient might have something to do with The King Of Pop...

Quote Originally Posted by Aerandir4 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Cairo, it should be interesting to see what the controversial ingredient is and how it is used in the new fragrance. I hope that it does come out clearly in the fragrances development.

X for men already looks like something I would like to try and maybe buy!?

More than anything I like when new things are attempted and so this should be something good hopefully.
    No problem Aerandir4. X for men is a really nice scent. It has a great clove note it that balances beautifully with the bergamont citrus note. It lasts forever on the skin. Really a quality scent.

Anyone that labels themselves or their product as controversial are just attention seeking , its more than likely a case of the emporers new clothing ....