Code of Conduct

Question Cologne Sologne Thoughts?

I really like a good EdC and was wondering what other cologne junkies thought of PdN Cologne Sologne. How does it compare to others like Eau de Imperiale, etc? Would it be a good blind buy?

Default Re: Cologne Sologne Thoughts?

bokaba, it appears that you wrote a review of Cologne Solognein the directory! It reads:

A traditional cologne with citrus and floral background. Nothing more. Great for a brisk pick me up throughout the day. I would go with a cheaper and IMHO a higher quality Guerlain eaux.

So it seems you already have an opinion on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    bokaba, it appears that you wrote a review of Cologne Solognein the directory! It reads:

A traditional cologne with citrus and floral background. Nothing more. Great for a brisk pick me up throughout the day. I would go with a cheaper and IMHO a higher quality Guerlain eaux.

So it seems you already have an opinion on this one.
    That I did, but it was one of many samples I while back and don't remember it much

Does anyone know what the notes are?

It's a really nice, really short-lived scent.

Blog Entries

One of the better colognes out there, in my opinion. Neroli personified. I prefer it over any of the Guerlain colognes. Not to mention, Cologne Sologne will probably last 5 times longer than Guerlain Imperiale (but still will not last more than a few hours due to the nature of oils used).
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Patricia de Nicolai's Cologne Sologne is one of the most well-used scents in my stable. It is versatile, elegant, and gives one a clean, well-groomed, beneficient aura. For a cologne strength, it has surprising development and longevity (on me at least). Its neroli note is one of the truest I've sampled to date. Although it is an obvious complement to hot weather, Cologne Sologne also holds up very well on cool days - it doesn't wimp out and shrivel up like a lot of citrus frags do when trotted out in colder temps.

Cologne Sologne is a wonderful EDC. Be prepared to re-apply frequently as it is definitely short-lived (or spray it on fabric for a bit more longevity). It has a high concentration of natural and very expensive essential oils in it. CS is a lovely neroli, rose, citrus accord that is one of Patricia De Nicolai's true expressions of her undeniable talent and expertise.

It's a great cologne. Go for it.

I wanna try this one...

Love it!

Love it too, one of my favorite eau de cologne recipes. Perhaps the best straight edc in current production.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by easyfish View Post
    Love it!
    I stand by everything I said in 2009. But now I can, without shame, admit that I was a sucker for the beautiful label on the bottle as well.

Last edited by OPomone; 25th April 2014 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OPomone View Post
    A lively charisma, a full-bodied personality and a special fizz that makes it unique. That's Cologne Sologne!

Instead of Comme Des Garçons, Pharrell Williams should have teamed up with Patricia de Nicolaï because Cologne Sologne makes you instantly 'happy'.

Last but not least, it is really cheap: in France, €35 for 100 ml. The best value for money of the whole niche perfumery.

For lavender enthusiasts, Patricia de Nicolaï has also created Haute-Provence. A realistic, delicate and slightly powdery variation on a classic theme. Price is the same.
    I thought Pharrell Williams and FeralOud perfume was a logical match, but what do I know?

Is Haut Provence still available? Never see it at the usual online sources.

Last edited by OPomone; 25th April 2014 at 07:43 PM.