Code of Conduct

Default Christian Lacroix: It's official that the house will only license products

A sign of the ecomonic times:

http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2009/...roix_reli.html

and this:

http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2009/...be_reduce.html

Very sad. I like the Avon offering of the women's Absynthe, a nice woody floral, the prestige offering from Avon until Reece Witherspoon's expensive scent was launched.

Alas for Lacroix. He was also a movie costume designer. Anyone who can costume the French poet Alfred de Musset in a pink and blue ensemble (with a yellow top hat) in a film and throw him in bed with George Sand (but then forget Musset's corset in the love scene but did not forget hers) will be sorely missed.
    Last edited by Primrose; 3rd December 2009 at 05:08 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Christian Lacroix: It's official that the house will only license products

Sad to hear. However, I read in the article that the perfume licensing deal is still in place for now... but for how much longer, we don't know.

On a related note, what will happen to the uniforms that Lacroix designed and made for Air France only four years ago? Guess they'll have to find a new designer and supplier, fast...
    I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Smile Re: Christian Lacroix: It's official that the house will only license products

Hopefully the Sheikh will show up with the cash and give LVMH a run for their money.

Default Re: Christian Lacroix: It's official that the house will only license products

As much as I appreciate Lacroix's baroque design aesthetic, one wonders how a brand can exist for over 22 years and not once be profitable.
    Christian Lacroix as a man will not cease to exist, he can still design for stage/films, he can also design for other labels. But then again, he didn't last long at Emilio Pucci.
    Why all the hysteria? Do people think he deserves a bailout?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wink Re: Christian Lacroix: It's official that the house will only license products

Now you know why I have been hoarding Tumulte Homme by Christian Lacroix. If at first you don't succeed then try hoarder. (LOL)