Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Default Leather room/car scent

    I am looking for leather scents to add to my scent wardrobe, so imagine my surprise/delight when I found a car scent in leather!

    Sadly, this does not come in a candle or reed diffuser.

    Nice scent in the car. Fine perfume it is not, but it's nice.

    http://www.yankeecandle.com/cgi-bin/...sp?oid=4889141
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

  2. #2
    ECaruthers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    946
    Blog Entries
    22

    Default Re: Leather room/car scent

    Primrose,

    You might like Truefitt & Hill's Spanish Leather. I imagine that it's been reformulated at least once, but still, an 1830 launch date. And I smelled it at a dandyish men's store.

    I wonder what determines which scents can go in candles and which in a jar?

  3. #3

    Default Re: Leather room/car scent

    Quote Originally Posted by ECaruthers View Post
    Primrose,

    You might like Truefitt & Hill's Spanish Leather. I imagine that it's been reformulated at least once, but still, an 1830 launch date. And I smelled it at a dandyish men's store.

    I wonder what determines which scents can go in candles and which in a jar?
    Thank you, ECaruthers, for the fragrance recommendation. I will have to sample this at some point. At which store did you find this? I know On The Fly in San Francisco would sure carry this. (I also think they have a Honolulu store.)

    I think that leather is not a really popular note, even in mainstrem perfumery. I would think that this is even less so in the candle market, where almost all--if not all--of the scents are floral or foody. Even the "clean linen" scents are slighly floral and based on laundry detergent. (Who wants to smell detergent?)

    As it is near Christmas, all one sees pushed are foody scents: pumpkin and spice, a variety of berries of this and that, pomegranate, mulled apple cider, vanilla this and that...

    I do like the pine notes in some candles.

    I would imagine that a leather candle or diffiser would not be a big seller, so they only put it in a car fragrance...
    Last edited by Primrose; 21st December 2009 at 06:00 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Leather room/car scent

    I have these, and they are great! (and I'm not just saying that because they're made in the town I grew up in). I was surprised when I saw a leather version in Target recently and had to pick up a pack. I wish there was a fragrance that smelled like this - Cuiron sort of comes close, but this has a creamy, almost velvet-like warmth to it. Every time I get into my car, I take a deep breath.

    http://www.little-trees.com/us/produ...&id=9&prod=386
    The Bark Bites Back here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com

  5. #5

    Default Re: Leather room/car scent

    PAtricia de Nicolai's Vetiver Java is stunning. It comes in lamp oil, candle and room spray. Luca Turin says the smell is good enogh to start a small religion.

  6. #6
    ECaruthers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    946
    Blog Entries
    22

    Default Re: Leather room/car scent

    Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Thank you, ECaruthers, for the fragrance recommendation. I will have to sample this at some point. At which store did you find this? I know On The Fly in San Francisco would sure carry this. (I also think they have a Honolulu store.)
    Primrose,
    The T&H store locator is kind of hidden on their site, under Customer Service I think. They list another company in San Francisco for which I could not find a web site. On the Fly only lists T&H Cologne, not Spanish Leather. I'm a little surprised, since a fairly small store in Rochester, NY, carries their full line. Maybe email the question to T&H. To me it seemed classic & 'gentelmanly' but I'd never try to guess if it was worth a blind buy.
    Good luck.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Leather room/car scent

    Quote Originally Posted by ECaruthers View Post
    Primrose,
    The T&H store locator is kind of hidden on their site, under Customer Service I think. They list another company in San Francisco for which I could not find a web site. On the Fly only lists T&H Cologne, not Spanish Leather. I'm a little surprised, since a fairly small store in Rochester, NY, carries their full line. Maybe email the question to T&H. To me it seemed classic & 'gentelmanly' but I'd never try to guess if it was worth a blind buy.
    Good luck.
    Thank you again, ECaruthers. I have not tuppence in my pockets after the holidays, but I will have to keep this on my "must-try" list.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Leather room/car scent

    On leather:

    XerJoff Homme is my fave and recommended leather.

    On car scents:

    Maitre Parfumeur & Gantier have a line of 3 car scents here.
    Unfortunately no leather to speak of, but they might be of some interest anyway.
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 30th December 2009 at 09:20 AM.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Leather room/car scent

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    On leather:

    XerJoff Homme is my fave and recommended leather.

    On car scents:

    Maitre Parfumeur & Gantier have a line of 3 car scents here.
    Unfortunately no leather to speak of, but they might be of some interest anyway.
    Dimitri, thank you for the links. They must ve very luxe from MPG.

    BTW, for the Yankee Candle car scents, the car gel is different from the scented hanging card. Two totally different scents! The car gel scent is an odd, generic sort-of floral scent that reminded me of laundry detergent or cheap room freshener. Horrid!

    The car "jar" tag tag, however, is very pleasant. I'd like a leather-scented candle in this scent.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 20th November 2011, 09:42 PM
  2. Leather Fragrance MegaPost
    By SlimPickins in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 16th September 2009, 03:17 PM
  3. Recommend me a luxurious new leather scent?
    By Diamondflame in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 6th September 2009, 05:49 PM
  4. What IS leather? A bunch of confused questions
    By LiveJazz in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 28th November 2006, 12:46 AM
  5. Milamber's Notebook
    By milamber in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 18th August 2006, 02:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000