Code of Conduct

Default Scent your Christmas!! :D

What are you going to wear on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year?

As for me, I haven't quite decided yet:

- Christmas Eve is not quite celebrated in DH's family, so we'll stay home having dinner by ourselves... I'll probably won't wear anything or, if I do, I'll wear something like YDAN or Opium (which smell incredibly soapy on me)

- Christmas Day is Coco day, layered with the Emulsion Pour Le Corps. It just seems right, because I'll be in "almost black" (except for a flesh colored top). We'll go to have lunch at my in-laws, so I guess something as elegant and timeless as Coco will do the trick.

- New Year's Eve will be the time to scent myself with DH's pressie for me, which will be Tam Dao. This time, I'll be totally in black, so it will add more mystery to the scent (or the scent will add more mystery to me!). We'll be at my BIL and SIL's place, with kids everywhere (DD + her THREE!! cousins). Tam Dao is both mysterious (at least to me) and cozy, like a black angora pullover...

- New Year poses an interesting challenge... We'll be at DH's aunt with her husband, his son, her daughter (and HER son... so another kid!!), plus Bonne-Maman and the same people as NYE... So, a lot!!! I'm looking for something that will leave an impression but that will "please" everyone (ie that no-one will find offensive) and that, yet, will be an expression of myself... I still don't know what I'll be wearing, but being less formal than NYE, I'll probably choose a similar outfit to the one I'll be wearing on Christmas Day... Having said all this, can anyone scent me for New Year?

And now you, guys!!! How are your Christmas going to be, scent-wise?

Default Re: Scent your Christmas!! :D

Baldufita, it sounds like your holidays will be festive and well-scented!

You've got me thinking...

On Christmas Eve, I will be home with my husband and our furry babies. We will probably have our traditional meal of fresh Dungeness crab, Brussels sprouts, crusty bread, and a good white wine, and then exchange our personal gifts. For fragrance, maybe a rich white or yellow floral like Penhaligon's Amaranthine (from my recently purchased decant) or DelRae Amoureuse (from a special sample shared by BlackCat).

For Christmas day, I will wear something red, both in clothing and in fragrance. We will have a casual day with some of my husband's family in Sacramento. Casual or not, I will still want to smell festive. Caron Poivre or Amouage Lyric come to mind.

For New Year's Eve, we will be on the Sonoma coast (Northern CA). That night is our 25th anniversary! We will probably stay in for a special evening, and I'm almost certain that I will wear Frederic Malle Une Rose.

The next day? Something comfortable for a lazy day of reading and crossword puzzles. Perhaps my new L'Artisan Havana Vanille would be just the ticket!

Now, who's next???

Well, I looked at your wardrobe, and, I'll take a leap an rec Opopnax Intense for NYE, assuming that you are having a relatively sedate and family evening. That scent is one of the most sophisticated yet sensual fragrances out there...I honestly think it will leave the impression of you as a beautiful and assured woman in the mind of anyone in your wake....
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

For me, as I am traveling for Christmas, I have picked out Hermes Ambre Nargile. But I will have some samples with me (easy to pack), and so will also have the option of Field Notes in Paris or Evenings Edged in Gold. I have not decided yet. I will be among Unperfumed family (still working to change that via presents) so will also have a few other options to try after Christmas. Also, there is a Hermes boutique in the city I am headed to, so will be sure to try a few new frags for the after Christmas rush around/laze around.
    Last edited by cello; 23rd December 2009 at 03:03 AM. Reason: three glasses of wine

Hm interesting question!

Christmas Eve with my family for our big meal will be Bois des Iles.

Christmas Day will be my latest obsession MDCI Promesse de l'Aube....(from which I get hints of the beautiful Samsara) or possibly Montale Chypre Fruity<--- this one is interesting, a side by side sniff proved me right, it is a dead ringer for the impossible to find/ridiculously expensive Creed Royal Ceylan. Thank you Parissa for both of these- I have officially been lemmed.

New Years will be Samsara vintage parfum.

Sandalwood-o-rama

Christmas Eve I will be at work till 6, then church service with DH. Definitely Nuit de Noel.

Christmas Day I'll get up early to go to Mass with my parents, spend the day with them, then be home in time for DH to get off work at 4, then off to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie. Probably will wear NdN again. Last year I wore Hypnotic Poison, so maybe I'll go that route. I'll know when I get there!

If Santa wasn't so broke this year he would be bringing me one of those gorgeous Back to Black bottles which I would happily wear on all of the holiday occasions and most definitely on NYE!

Basenotes Institution

Hmmm, I have been thinking for a hwile.
    Christmas Eve Mitsouko, Christmas Day Joy ( very appropriate I think ..... )
    I don't know really ......I still have time to decide.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by YouCanCallMeMo View Post
    Well, I looked at your wardrobe, and, I'll take a leap an rec Opopnax Intense for NYE, assuming that you are having a relatively sedate and family evening. That scent is one of the most sophisticated yet sensual fragrances out there...I honestly think it will leave the impression of you as a beautiful and assured woman in the mind of anyone in your wake....

Ohhh!!! my beloved Opoponax!!!! Indeed, it would be the perfect choice!!!! Thanks so much!!!!

Blog Entries

Christmas Eve I will know the glow of Mitsouko.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 24th December 2009 at 02:48 AM.

Tonight DH will give me his scented pressie... Can't wait!!!!

Christmas Eve here (just over): Prada Infusion d'Iris

Planned for New Years Eve (a big dance ball): Prada Infusion d'Iris

(it's my #1 spot perfume, so no surprises that I'm choosing my best one for those special occasions).
    Q: How do you make a feminine fragrance masculine?
    A: Add 'Pour Homme' to the bottle
    - Pierre Bourdon

Blog Entries

Caron - Nuit de Noel Bien sur!

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    Caron - Nuit de Noel Bien sur!
    If only I had this... I would have used it too!!!