Code of Conduct

Default Men wearing womans perfumes...???

Hi there, sorry to you's but i have always been a big fan of Versace Crystal Noir, i know its technically a womans fragrance but i wear it alot and receive nothing but compliments. This has lead me to question what other female fragrances out there could be worn by men? i have found most of todays male scents to be a bit bland and monotonous and i am looking for something a bit different, a bit sweeter and dare i even say slightly more girly...but not too girly haha.

To give you an idea of the type of scents i like i will list a few of my favourites - Angel A*Men, Gucci Pour Homme 2, Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male, Prada Milano Infusion...etc. I also happen to find the ladys Angel to be the nicest scent i have ever had the pleasure of smelling but i think that may be a bit of a stretch to pull off haha.

Thank you for your time guys, any help would be greatly appreciated. Merry Christmas all, have a wonderful day!

Thanks, Sean

Default Re: Men wearing womans perfumes...???

try

Prada amber and infusion de iris.
    Opium by Ysl

Dependent

Hi there,

You'll come to realise that many of the guys of Basenotes wear fragrances marketed for women on a regular basis, myself included!

Here are a few that I recall to have been complimented on before:

Hermes Hiris
    Creed Love In White
    Serge Lutens A La Nuit

Wear anything you like, with confidence. Merry Xmas to you too!

Basenotes Plus

Talking Re: Men wearing womans perfumes...???

Nah, just men & women wearing perfumes...

Personally I find certain women fragrances work really well for men.

I've worn these:-

Shalimar by Guerlain
    Mitsouko by Guerlain
    No.19 by Chanel
    Cuir de Russie by Chanel
    Tabac Blond by Caron
    Tommy Girl by Tommy Hilfiger
    Sa Majeste la Rose by Serge Lutens

And I remember smelling Angel for the first time, thinking it smells wayyyyy better than A*Men...

Most of my favorite scents are marketed to women. Although I adore Antaeus, Egoiste, Zino, Vetiver, Encre Noire, Gucci PH, Yatagan, Third Man, M7, etc. ... I think my top favorites would have to include:

Mitsouko edp
    Shalimar edc
    Vol de Nuit
    Nahema
    No. 5 parfum
    No. 5 Eau Premiere
    No. 19 edp
    Coco edp
    Opium edt
    Sublime
    Arpege edp
    Youth Dew (and YD Amber Nude)
    Magie Noire
    Cabochard
    Cabaret
    Balmain de Balmain
    Bal a Versailles
    Gucci edp (original)
    Boucheron
    Prada
    Amber Gris
    Baghari

and many more.

Have fun exploring and happy holidays!
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Sur la Plage

I would suggest trying Angel Liqueur de Parfum.

Merry Christmas!
    Last edited by petruccijc; 25th December 2009 at 02:45 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Thanks for your time lads, lots of suggestions there to sample so no doubt the old christmas money will be taking a hit in the coming days, roll on the January sales! I guess quite a lot of men wear womans fragrances, to be honest i actually stole the Versace Crystal Noir idea from my uncle...a man who ironically preached men should be men haha.

Yeah i prefer Angel myself to A*Men, i find A*Men starts off really nice but throughout the day it seems to die down to a sort of dirty sort of musty smell, maybe trying a sample of Angel for a few days to see how it goes would be a good idea.

Thanks again.

i once wore Alien, its a pretty dark, mysterious frag imo

I've been enjoying Estee Lauder's Azuree very much lately. As big and aggressive a leather chypre as you'll find, with the possible exception of Aramis. I also love Bandit, Parfum Sacre, Mitsouko, Cuir de Russie, Odalisque, Le Temps d'Une Fete, and Acqua di Parma Profumo.

I wear them a lot:

Narciso Rodriguez EDT
    Angel EDP
    Coco EDP
    Coco Mademoiselle EDP
    Chanel No 19
    Chanel No 5 EDP
    No 5 Eau Premier EDP
    Allure Sensuelle EDP
    Dior Midnight Poison EDP
    Dior Pure Poison Elixir EDP
    Lauder Private Collection EDP
    Lauder Knowing EDP
    Prada Infusion d´Hiris
    Calvin Klein Truth EDP
    Calvin Klein Obsession Night EDP
    and so on and so forth...

Dior - Hypnotic Poison
    Carolina Herrera - CH

I have about 200+ bottles in my warbdrobe, and only a handful are "masculine" scents. The reason being, albeit for me, is because I've spent my pre-basenotes life wearing my mom's perfumes (Bal a Versailles, Private Collection, Silences, etc...), and have grown more accustomed and feel more comfortable wearing "women's" perfumes rather than butch masculines.

Cabochard, Tabu and Shalimar for sure. Opium and Nº 5, unsure about. Mitsouko, Ivoire de Balmain, Habanita are suggested but unable to try, so an these would be an addition to reasonable doubts. Tabac Blond and Bandit would not mind buying them blind.

This is the constant question many people ask--fragrance for men or for women, and can one wear one made for the other...

Many BNers, El Toro, wear what they enjoy--regardless of the bottle or label. I urge you to let your nose make the decisions and not the marketing. It has nothing to do with one's masculinity or being a "man." I have always pointed out that the man in my avatar, the Comte d'Orsay, was a formidable bare-knuckles boxer, superb horseman, pistol and rifle markman, and sword duellist--and wore tons of eau de jasmin and took perfumed baths.

Fragrance has nothing to do with "manliness"--it's just like choosing with wines you prefer to drink: white, red, rose...or beers or ales...
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.