Code of Conduct
    fountain

Default pls help: diesel plus plus: was it reformulated?

the reviewer Andyjreid here mentioned that, seemingly, there were three reformulations of the sadly discontinued diesel plus plus for men.
    now that i'm considering a blind purchase, pls tell me, has the original formula been altered? or,is it still the great milky sweet fragrance i remember from 1998? i remember its longevity was excellent, too. do you think i can safely order it pls?
    i'm looking forward to hear as many comments from d plus plus enthusiasts as possible.
    thank you.
    Last edited by fountain; 14th November 2010 at 10:48 AM.

Default Re: pls help: diesel plus plus: was it reformulated?

To me Plus Plus Masculine feels like a good copy of Nikos Sculpture...so if you really like Plus Plus Masculine, just buy Nikos Sculpture, they're the same.

fountain

thank you, Zgb, but your reply does not at all answer my question.

By my experience after all of these years it is most likely that it is reformulated. There. I really wouldn't know exactly, it's not that it is the most noticed fragrance on BN and in Croatia it can be bought really cheap in drugstores.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fountain View Post
    ....or,is it still the great milky sweet fragrance i remember from 1998? i remember its longevity was excellent, too. do you think i can safely order it pls?....
    fountain, this is exactly the DPP i bought several months ago. I hadn't used it before i bought it, but it is exactly as described.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

fountain

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    fountain, this is exactly the DPP i bought several months ago. I hadn't used it before i bought it, but it is exactly as described.
    thank you very much, Perfaddict could you pls comment on its longevity and projection?

I got a bottle in/around 2006 or 2007, I ended up selling it. It was a very synthetic sweet and spicy smell, strongly reminded me of Dunhill Desire mixed with a little bit of B*Men. I have been contemplating buying it again, because I tend to think I wasn't really unattracted to the smell as much as the way I was wearing it. Wrong time, wrong place, wrong season, wrong application.. I'm willing to give it another chance, but I'll probably only buy it if I come across it in person at a discount store. It isn't a must have, but it sure as hell is better than Only the Brave!

Also, I don't recall any milky or creamy sweetness.. I remember a spicy and sweet oriental.. Smells somewhat like body odor.

So with that said, it seems like we're talking about 2 different fragrances all together, or an obvious reformulation.
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 14th November 2010 at 06:38 PM.

My bottle is that beautiful green milky scent (I made sure to purchase 2 back ups ) It reminds me of a light Boss bottled.

I find the longevity average at best & projection is moderate. You get subtle wiffs of it everynow & then.
    Nothing that will get you noticed though. Its a perfect jeans & T-shirt kinda frag. Good for around the house or running errands.

Its good to see there are still fans of this still out there

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

I really doubt that Diesel would reformulate ++ to such an extent that any change would be noticeable. It was never costly in the first place, just unique-smelling.

I get very good (8+ hours) longevity and appreciable sillage from ++. I guess the various assessments vary as applications vary. I tend not to hold back that much with sprays ;o)

#BBOG!

fountain

I really doubt that Diesel would reformulate ++ to such an extent that any change would be noticeable. It was never costly in the first place, just unique-smelling.

I get very good (8+ hours) longevity and appreciable sillage from ++. I guess the various assessments vary as applications vary. I tend not to hold back that much with sprays ;o)
    thank you, perfaddict. you rule. so, how many sprays would be sufficient, you think?

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Hmmmm. How many sprays? Touchy topic on this board ;o)

Personally, i do at least 6, all over.

#BBOG!

fountain

Hmmmm. How many sprays? Touchy topic on this board ;o)

Personally, i do at least 6, all over.
    thank you very much, perfaddict.

fountain

bumping the thread only to tell you that i just got the DPP, and it's excellent.
    it's sweet, it's milky, it's tremendously comfortable to wear. just like the original 1997 formulation.
    about five hours after application it becomes a light skin scent, and a very pleasant one at that. i applied it yesterday at about 6 p.m., and i can still smell this lovely 'sensitive lad' sort of aroma on my wrists. pls bear in mind people tend to confuse it with diesel zero plus which comes in an entirely different packaging, and smells (very nicely) like coca-cola mixed with powder, well, sort of.

As I said in my review, the 3 bottles I owned (one from about 99/2000, another from about 2003 and another from about 2005 I can't remember exactly) all smelt different. The price dropped over the years too. The original was a nice smell however I don't think it was ever intended as more than a cheap "spray as much as you like to smell nice" scent.

I dont have any concrete info on reformulations, just me and my nose.
    For good, anatomic reasons, scent fosters memory more readily than any other sense.

fountain

p.s. recommended stuff

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fountain View Post
    p.s. recommended stuff
    Yep!

Glad you like it, fountain.

#BBOG!

fountain

Yep!

Glad you like it, fountain.
    greeting, perfaddict!