Code of Conduct

Default Where have you found the best deals for glass vials & sprays, boston rounds,5g jars?

Sorry hope I'm posting in right place but hoping those of you making your own perfumes have had to search for these things before!

I'm looking for:
    1 ml glass vials and/or 1/4 to 5/8 dram amber boston rounds for my oud/oils to make samples/decants. Hopefully an orifice stopper will not make it difficult to get all .5 ml out of the vial? hard to find ones that size with dipsticks or rollerballs (which are expensive on seattle4's ebay site).

2.5 ml,4 or 5ml and 8 ml glass sprays and/or roll-ons.
    5 g plastic jars w/sifters (these are actually for my MAC pigments not perfume lol). BTW anyone looking for slightly larger jars, I bought a set of 24 fror $7 at Wallmart

funnels (steel or metal is best for resuse right?)

Pipettes that read .25 or .5 ml increments.

Well hopefully someone has some suggestions. I've been to sniffapalozza's decant supply website and checked a bunch of links but having a hard time deciding and I need to buy some stuff fast, cheap and without bulk quantities and someone who ships reliably, hopefully for free to or within U.S.. Seems no one has exactly everything I'm looking for!

Also if anyone is interested in splitting a bulk order of anything please PM me, that might be the best way of getting a good price. I just don't need 144 1 ml vials all at once you know?

Default Re: Where have you found the best deals for glass vials & sprays, boston rounds,5g ja

I got 1 ml sample vials with stoppers from Saveonscents.com. They come in packages of 100. I got green glass 5 ml jars with caps from Snowdrift Farm, so check out their "packaging supplies" section. They may still be on sale. I'm still looking for nice, affordable 15 or 20 ml spray bottles, so any leads on those would be appreciated.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Where have you found the best deals for glass vials & sprays, boston rounds,5g ja

Check out accessoriesforfragrances.com (great site!) and pilotvials.com. Others will be along to suggest other sites.

Oh, by the way, the Saveonscents vials do have "dipsticks", and the stopper won't interfere with filling the vial to 1 ml, so you'll be fine with 0.5 ml. The best deal I found on plastic measuring pipettes was Perfumer's Apprentice. I know it's a pain to order things from multiple places, but that's the way it seems to be. There's no one place that has everything I need.

hi,

I bought 48 1 ml empty vials on ebay.
    it cost me around 5 USD with shipping.
    i think the seller is: ct_taiwan or something like that.
    Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it. ~Confucius

yeah i've been on accessoriesforfragrances, its seattle4's store. i just found their stuff to be expensive especially those little 1/4 dram rollerballs, cute, but expensive. i'll keep looking there maybe find something that works. i used to order from them but smaller quantities.

been on pilot vials too, i think they do have some good deals you're right.

will try save on scents too.

i saw that auction anika you were talking about but aren't they in tawain? hows the shipping to us (if thats where you are). can you give me a link to the auction as i'm sure they'll have others.

thanks everyone, will let you know what i find on the 15 to 20 ml vials but not sure what is considered a good deal on those...?

There was a website that was recently mentioned over in the Scent Splits group that has some kick-ass pricing on 5 & 10 ml atomizers. It's called Exotic Fragrances Inc but please be aware that minimum purchase is $30.

i love the crystal bottles on exotic fragrances, they look great for my ouds. i found a few things, i like the 1/2 dram jars, wiish they had amber but oh well. maybe the seattle4/accessoriesforfragrance sells just the steel rollerballs that will fit on them. thanks everyone, keep the suggestions coming! i almost have $30 in my cart though i was hoping not to spend that much lol

Where can I find sample vial bottles/pipettes cheap in Europe?
    The links in this thread seems to be in the US?

http://www.oils4life.co.uk/ has pipettes and 5 ml amber bottles but no 1 ml vials.

Nice cat btw
    Last edited by swe_tiger; 28th December 2009 at 01:01 PM.

read several post above.

Last edited by swe_tiger; 28th December 2009 at 03:36 PM.

Anyone who knows where to get 1ml vials in Europe?? I can only find US sites with strange dram measures, which is very confusing for me

Thanks in advance

You can purchase from the online retailers such as Pilot Vials, accessoriesforfragrances etc and they will ship overseas. I just placed an order but I'm sure I'll need more soon so if you are interested maybe we can split an order or something if that saves shipping costs...just pm me if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by swe_tiger View Post
    Anyone who knows where to get 1ml vials in Europe?? I can only find US sites with strange dram measures, which is very confusing for me

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by peppermua View Post
    You can purchase from the online retailers such as Pilot Vials, accessoriesforfragrances etc and they will ship overseas. I just placed an order but I'm sure I'll need more soon so if you are interested maybe we can split an order or something if that saves shipping costs...just pm me if you want.
    Thanks.

But doesnt u live in the US, how could we split orders then?
    A european online retailer would be better for me as the shipping cost to Sweden from US is about 37 dollars.

I think accessoriesforfragrances.com and pilotvials.com are a bit pricey.

On accessoriesfragrances 100 vials cost 19.99 dollars
    On pilotvials 144 vials cost 22.99 dollars

These ones are better:

On exoticfragrances.com 100 vials cost 6 dollars?! But they dont say anything on how large they are.
    On www.madinaonline.com, also 6 dollars for 100 (they are also called b-16, b-15?)
    On saveoncents 100 vials cost 11.28 dollars
    On discount vials 100 pcs cost 13.49 dollars
    On bestbottles.com 144 vials cost 15.72 dollars
    On theperfumedcourt.com 25 1ml sample vials cost 2.99 dollars

Many of them also have a minimum order of 30 dollars, espescially for shipping to other countries.

If anyone knows some online retailer that sells 1ml vials in europe at good price, please let me know.

Thank you

yeah i saw madinaonline, i looked at a bunch but i needed more than just vials so i decided to just just order it all from one site so i don't have to pay seperate shipping. when i need to replenish i'll look around again.

i was saying that if you split an order with someone in the states, it gets shipped to the U.S. (you split the cost of shipping in us) then they ship it to you. the package is lighter and its not like they are a business having to charge packaging fees and what not so you usually just pay the postage...which should be less than $37 i would think, all together. but yeah ordering from europe is probably your best bet. wish i knew a place but i don't.

You also have to weigh the costs of shipping to sweden from us and the costs of the product in Europe. Maybe if madina only charges $6 for 100 vials, shipping is worth it a european seller is going to charge a lot more for the vials and less for shipping. There's also always ebay...taiwan sellers ship overseas.
    Last edited by peppermua; 31st December 2009 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ankica View Post
    hi,

I bought 48 1 ml empty vials on ebay.
    it cost me around 5 USD with shipping.
    i think the seller is: ct_taiwan or something like that.
    I just found this:

http://global.ebay.com/100_glass_Sam...409462421/item

Sounds intresting to me, he only takes 8 dollars for shipping to Sweden, So it will cost me about 15 dollars total for 100 vials with shipping.

Are the vials in good quality Ankica?
    Last edited by swe_tiger; 2nd January 2010 at 03:58 AM.

yeah but the shipping on 100 vials is $8USD and the vials are $7 and it takes 7-20 days to arrive. I just bought off pilot vials (other stuff) paid $7.15 for priority mail and got it like the next day. to me, thats important since i had absolutely nothing on hand. and worth a few extra bucks if i find 3 or 4 things i need all in one place...
    Last edited by peppermua; 2nd January 2010 at 04:42 AM.

swe_tiger,
    I am very satisfied with a quality.
    if you don't want to buy 100 at once, you can buy (like me) 48 and since the quality for yourself and than later purchase more
    Many of sellers give discounts on shipping if you buy more than 1 product, so keep that in mind as well

swe_tiger,
    I am very satisfied with a quality.
    if you don't want to buy 100 at once, you can buy (like me) 48 and since the quality for yourself and than later purchase more
    Many of sellers give discounts on shipping if you buy more than 1 product, so keep that in mind as well
    Ive just bought 100 1ml vials (7 dollars)and 100 3ml pipettes (5 dollars) from ct_taiwan.
    Great deal imo
    The lowest price on vials and pipettes on ebay I think.
    I hope the shipping will be fast.
    Last edited by swe_tiger; 4th January 2010 at 10:10 AM.

yes, lowest.
    i got today their 5 ml roll on bottles.
    i like them BUT on some glass bottles there is like a scratch (not so visible or strong).
    i don't know if that is problem of the manufacturer or??
    I want to leave positive but I am not fully satisfy...

yes, lowest.
    i got today their 5 ml roll on bottles.
    i like them BUT on some glass bottles there is like a scratch (not so visible or strong).
    i don't know if that is problem of the manufacturer or??
    I want to leave positive but I am not fully satisfy...
    Hmm ok

How long did the shipping take to your country?

It took around 18 days.
    Bottles are, actually, OK.
    Specially because it will stay in my house

18 days? thats too long! i'd have to already have something to be willing to wait that long lol.

It took around 18 days.
    Bottles are, actually, OK.
    Specially because it will stay in my house
    18 days, damn...

Default Re: Where have you found the best deals for glass vials & sprays, boston rounds,5g jars?

You might try this site http://www.sunburstbottle.com/glass-bottles/perfume-oil. I've ordered from them before. Nothing was broken and I liked the quality of the glass that I ordered. They looked more expensive than they were.

Default Re: Where have you found the best deals for glass vials & sprays, boston rounds,5g jars?

do they ship internationally? (europe)

If you are asking about sunburst bottle, their site says:
    For international customers (outside USA) shipping times will be based on method of shipping and priority status placed on the order. Orders are usually shipped via US Mail and have an handling fee of $15 in addition to the actual shipping costs. Please mention in "Shipping instructions," found on the checkout page, if you have a preferred shipping method.

Is anyone else needing to order supplies? I was thinking of placing an order with one (no i guess it will be many) of these stores. I need .5 ml or .75 ml (pilot vials has .75 ml) vials, some 10 ml rollons (madina has colored and frosted ones), a couple crystal bottles for ouds (exotic fragrances), some 50 ml or 2 oz bottles (can't decide from where), some 1/3 dram boston rounds w/orifice reducers (clear, pilot vials), 5 g. square/round sifter jars (pilot vials b/c they have sifters), and some 3/4 in round labels and 5 ml roll ons with color caps from accessories for fragrances....blah i do have to order from different places it seems. its just the shipping, i was thinking if anyone needs something we cuold hit the minimum and split the shipping.
    Last edited by peppermua; 27th January 2010 at 12:25 AM.