Code of Conduct

Default Face care: dry and sensitive skin

I really suffer from dry and sensitive skin (it becomes red when I shave or put moisturizer on).
    Can someone advise me a good moisturizer?
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Desmond Hume; 26th December 2009 at 07:05 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Face care: dry and sensitive skin

I hope this helps. These are excellent skin care products for both sexes specifically for dry and sensitive skin. I have used these myself.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 2nd January 2010 at 01:26 AM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Another option you might consider is kukui nut oil. I use it instead of a moisturizing cream. Here is one article about its benefits and properties:

http://ezinearticles.com/?Natural-Sk...Oil&id=2916898

I get mine from this source, though there are several others:

http://hawaiianbathbody.com/hawaii/kukui-oil-4oz/

Good advices here, but in addition, I would AVOID AT ALL COSTS any alcohols, camphors, menthols, peppermints, lavenders or other irritating ingredients. How to spot those? Just reading the small print.

This site will also give you more information about what to use and what to avoid: www.cosmeticscop.com

I hope I could help!

cosmeticscop is an excellent site if you want opinions and recommendations for commercial products, but I'd like to suggest a natural oil like Haunani does. You can basically try any oil that's food quality: macadamia oil, coconut oil, almond oil and so on. You could even use butter, as weird as that may sound; I have to confess that I haven't tried that myself...

REN offers face care that is natural. My husband and I have both been using their products. I have sensitive skin and have not had any issues. They are worth looking into.

Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    cosmeticscop is an excellent site if you want opinions and recommendations for commercial products, but I'd like to suggest a natural oil like Haunani does. You can basically try any oil that's food quality: macadamia oil, coconut oil, almond oil and so on. You could even use butter, as weird as that may sound; I have to confess that I haven't tried that myself...
    Almond oil sounds nice, and I have used products that contain macadamia oil (Cetaphil lotion, for example, which works very well for me). I'm not sure about the properties of all the oils, but I particularly like kukui oil because a small amount goes a long way and it absorbs quickly (so no "greasy" feel).

I now use Clinique Comfort on Call Allergy Tested Relief Cream and highly recommend it. I have acne-prone skin that also gets very dry and I've found that other lotions either don't do the job or cause my skin to redden or feel greasy. This one is more like a balm than a lotion. When I put it on, my skin doesn't feel greasy or dry, it just feels comfortable. It's pricey but lasts a long time -- I've also noticed that Beauty Encounter carries it at a discount.