Code of Conduct

Default Does lotion/vaseline really make fragrances last longer on your skin?

Cologne never really seems to stick to my skin no matter what it is and I keep hearing if you put unscented lotion on before you spray your fragrance on your skin it makes it last longer. Anyone know if this is true? Thanks

Dependent

Default Re: Does lotion/vaseline really make fragrances last longer on your skin?

I believe it works on the idea that moisture helps the skin to retain/hold a scent better. Personally, I've tried it and have noticed positive results, I just do not have the habit of moisturizing my skin much with lotion regularly. I am not sure how it works, but I have also noticed that when I dab my neck (where I also spray my scent) with little bit of water just to cool down from a hot day, I notice myself catching whiffs of the scent more prominently after.

Edit: I believe our application guru Divalogist is one to consult, she's quite the expert.
    Last edited by MFJ; 26th December 2009 at 09:17 PM.

Default Re: Does lotion/vaseline really make fragrances last longer on your skin?

It's true. Neutrogena Body Oil, Fragrance Free works well. It helps the frag stay longer, but doesn't affect the sillage at all.

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp16993_33...rance_free.htm