Code of Conduct

Default What you think of Fleur du Male?

I think that is a excellent fragance. Fleur du Male is powerful and soft, fresh and light, the orange blossom in the composition is really wonderful.
    Fleur du Male is very feminine but it is not a problem for me, simply is a fragance beautiful.
    Last edited by Pack Jr.; 26th December 2009 at 11:06 PM.

Sur la Plage

Default Re: What you think of Fleur du Male?

I love it. It's not the usual designer pablum.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I need to know what Paco Sweet thinks before I can make a definitive determination. LOL.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 27th December 2009 at 03:52 AM.

I was never able to come to grips with this one. I think that's strange for me because I own and love other florals such as Givenchy Insense, Kenzo Power, & Richard James (Savile Row)...

I think it's a great composition. It's got a great combo of some of the main Le Male components (lavender and vanilla) and orange blossom. It's daring. Yet, because it resembles Le Male enough no one will mistake it for a women's fragrance.
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & Rêve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/

I honestly think it's the most original men's designer fragrance to come out since the original Kouros. That said, I don't think I can wear it, I'm too old for such an energetic scent.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 26th December 2009 at 11:30 PM.

Talking Re: What you think of Fleur du Male?

I love it
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

The florals in this one are just too feminine for me. Did not like it.

A very good petitgrain scent. Probably because of budget constraints, the orange-blossom heart has a high woody petitgrain content. To me its Kurkdjians best designer fragrance.
    -

I tried it two weeks ago, and in IMH&PO, it felt so femenine that I had the feeling that in comparisson, old Nº 5 seemed and extremely virile scent. It served me well to confirm my preferences for old school scents: ¡que viva Old Spice!

I quite like it! Although I slightly prefer Kenzo Power.

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    to me its kurkdjians best designer fragrance.
    amen!

This is not for me.....I tried to like this.....just never worked for me.....I had better success with Gaultier2.
    Gary

I like Le male better. this one is a good frag though, but I can't get away with it

Dependent

Love it, one of the better floral scents. I prefer it to the original Le Male.

Although I appreciated and liked the scent, I always felt a tad uncomfortable wearing it in public due to the flowery feminine notes. That said, I wore it a lot around the house when no-one was sniffing. I also liked the original.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

I like it alot, more than Le Male. It's quite fem, I'm not comfortable wearing it out all the time. I don't detect much else going on with it besides the nice neroli note. Smells just like the orange groves here when they are in bloom.

It`s a great scent! -on a woman.

I like it quite a lot - on me.

I also think La Cologne version is worth checking out.

It's like a stinky baby's diaper inside a flower shop while some guy wearing le male tends it.

I Hate it.
    LF: CAP/LID for Creed Original vetiver and Creed Millesime Imperiale, 75ml. Please pm me.. Thanks!

I love Fleur du Male.
    When I think of Fleur du Male, I remember Kouros, which I also love. These scents are paradox scents: masculine - baby-soft, clean-dirty. And of course, they are very sexy.
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

Quote Originally Posted by DreamerII View Post
    I love Fleur du Male.
    When I think of Fleur du Male, I remember Kouros, which I also love. These scents are paradox scents: masculine - baby-soft, clean-dirty. And of course, they are very sexy.
    Kouros is a perfume-legend. I am not sure whether Fleur du Male will have such status (I think Fleur du Male will remain in the shadow of the original Le Male), nevertheless I think it's exceptional and very well blended perfume.

I have some suspicion that Fleur du Male is not very popular among wide masses. It's a scent for fragrance lovers, for those who feel deeper..
    Last edited by DreamerII; 3rd February 2010 at 11:19 AM.
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

I go back and forth. I think it is a very well done scent, but it can be a bit headache inducing on the wrong day for me. Small doses are pretty nice though.

I once had a sample of Fleur du Male, I just tried it on a paper, and it smelled so bad that I threw away the sample vial and washed the spot where I sprayed on.
    I don't knew a lot of things about fragrances so I thought if I didn't like it at the 1st sniff, I could never do... that's a mistake.
    I'd wish I still got it to give it some more tries, afterall I like the orange blossom...

I thought i was gonna love this one.

I finally smelled it last week. Very dissapointed, smelled like dirty flowers

Well done and a little revolutionary. I like that!
    But it's also a bit loud in the first hour. I tired of it after less than twelve months.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

I find Le Male a bit feminine, Fleur du Male is feminine in a very bad way.

Too synthetic for my taste...
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I tried this a couple of weeks ago... I really liked the orange blossom and the slight 'peppery' smell to Fleur du Male, at the time of smelling this I was in a bit of a rush so I didn't purchase it but I'll 'review' it again when coming into Spring because I think this could be a nice Spring fragrance.

The soap monster attacks with the curse of a thousand synthetic florals.

Which means I'll pass, thanks.

A girl sprayed my bottle into the air once to smell it. This was her reaction "This is supposed to be for men? Oh hell no".

I like this alot but obviously not a chick magnet type.

I am testing 2nd time FDM right now. I used just 2 sprays on chest in morning. Now, 13 hours later its still alive.
    Sillage wasnt as strong as I expected (its weaker than Le Male IMO) but longetivity is great. For first few hours it was too synthetic (same as Le Male) but later it became quite enjoyable. Something makes it sweet and bit fresh altogether. I can see a handsome metro guy in white shirt and trousers wearing it well, maybe even in summer on beach.

I may give it another shot tomorrow, so far its 3/5 stars to me that means quite enjoyable but not bottleworthy yet. I like Le Male better because its sweeter thanks to my favourite vanilla and more masculine.

Also I compared FDM with Gaultier 2 both on skin and paper. Gaultier 2 is way stronger, with better longetivity (FDM faded away from test strip in 1 day, gaultier 2 is there for 4 days and still strong). Gaultier 2 would be nice on super sexy black haired girl in latex but there is no chance I would wear it because if FDM is feminine (and I think it is not), then G2 is super feminine. Oh, BTW I dont see any connection between Gaultier 2 and Pi as many mentioned. They are completely different kind of sweetness to my nose.
    Last edited by dreamer81; 15th April 2010 at 06:25 AM.

Im looking forward to trying this one out but havent seen it any stores locally. If it's any more powdery, than say Brit, Im not going to like it.

Fleur du Male....

Ow ow ow. I normally take my time to carefully smell the paper strip in a shop.

But with this stuff, I had a very strong reaction.
    After smelling it for 2 seconds (literally), I threw it away while swearing badly. It was kind of embarassing. I felt like it raped my nose. (please, don't be terribly offended, this is just how i feel about it) Really bad stuff.
    Last edited by Suppressor; 13th April 2010 at 09:27 PM.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

I love FdM. Smells sweet, yes, but not feminine, IMO. The emerging woods balance the powdery accords quite well. Definitely not for the fragrance-shy.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    I love FdM. Smells sweet, yes, but not feminine, IMO. The emerging woods balance the powdery accords quite well. Definitely not for the fragrance-shy.
    I agree. I mean, it's definitely floral but it doesn't scream "WOMAN'S FRAGRANCE" to me. I just get orange blossom and the original Le Male drydown.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    +1 for this FDM fan. It's the only predominantly floral scent in my collection I think.
    Strong floral opening, warm powdery base - for a man. Unusual in today's market, which is why I like it too.
    I don't have any qualms wearing it out in public (as long as I'm easy on the trigger), I guess I'm part of the non-shy fragrance types

I sprayed some on my dad before he left the house. When he came back home he was furious! "You had me smelling like a woman all goddamn day!", he said. A week later, I left the house 15 minutes after spraying and met him 2 blocks away. He said "whatever you're wearing smells great!". He's confused but I know I love it!

I LOVE IT !

It's not my favorite floral, but it smells good. Fleur du Male is great for my age.

Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi Hendrix View Post
    I LOVE IT !

It's not my favorite floral, but it smells good. Fleur du Male is great for my age.

Jimi Hendrix
    Can I ask you what your age is please?

i love the floral and spicy element in it. i was blown away by it, i did not expect to like it at all.

I like Amouage Ciel very much, and i Think i have to test out F-D-Male again soon. Do you think it`s great for night-clubs/disco etc?

Sorry. Double..

I find it bizarre and shocking and not in a well executed, intriguing Kouros sort of way.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

I find that has one of the best Neroli aroma i have ever smelled so i definitely would like to buy a bottle for me
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    I sprayed some on my dad before he left the house. When he came back home he was furious! "You had me smelling like a woman all goddamn day!", he said. A week later, I left the house 15 minutes after spraying and met him 2 blocks away. He said "whatever you're wearing smells great!". He's confused but I know I love it!
    What did your dad say after he found out what it was? Did he want to try it again after smelling it on you?

Really fell in love with this first time I tried it
    shortly afterwords I got very bored of it and found it cloying
    I still prefer it to Le Male though!
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

What do you think of Fleur du Male compared to Amouage Reflection?

I respect the followers of this frag. i do believe in its great composition. however, this frag is not for me.

I have nearly finished a bottle of this. The only problem I have is that over time the copious amounts of not-so-good quality coumarin and complementary woody notes in the base can make you feel sick. Apart from that the woody petit-grain infused orange blossom accord works well.
    -

Wasn't too dirty I would really enjoy it but, the dirty musk is just too much for me to really enjoy the scent
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Luvs it! & much better than le male!
    To be successful, you must smell successful! THATSMR2USIR

I wore sample of FDM maybe 6 times and I like it but I still prefer Le Male over this that is way more masculine. It is worth small decant but not full bottle IMHO. Something in FDM makes it intriguing but also disgusting. I like to wear it for myself but I'd not feel confident to wear it around others. Anyway its not that bad as I thought after reading reviews. It has its own magic.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    I wore sample of FDM maybe 6 times and I like it but I still prefer Le Male over this that is way more masculine. It is worth small decant but not full bottle IMHO. Something in FDM makes it intriguing but also disgusting. I like to wear it for myself but I'd not feel confident to wear it around others. Anyway its not that bad as I thought after reading reviews. It has its own magic.
    This is why this one is one of my favorites. It's definitely a love or hate one I would say. There's a woman in my office that absolutely adores the scent on me and kept sniffing me one day. So you never know what people will hate or like. And after that, I feel confident that I can wear FdM anywhere. Except around my wife, she hates it.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Love the opening. For me it's always been the clearest display of decay/decadence. Can't exactly explain why. maybe because I smell flowers but it's somehow clear that something's happened to these flowers, like they're rotting or poisonous. Impressive. No feminine perfume has ever given me this impression.

Yet, I'm always slightly disappointed when the drydown shows his original Le Male face. Maybe it's not that close but once I start to think of the resemblance it's getting more and more obvious because Le Male's been everywhere for years. Personally I'd prefer Le Cologne version as it goes in a different direction, although "fresher".

One final thought about Fleur de Male: your partner(s) should like it, otherwise it just doesn't make sense. This is just the opposite of office scent. In a tête-à-tête situation it could create very special moments, but it could also spoil everything, I mean badly. Powerful stuff.